In regards to the tri-state 14 day quarantine

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
Good luck. I agree, the quarantine is BS, but you're playing with fire.

I don't foresee any issues. Apparently I will have to complete an online travel health form before coming back to Connecticut. As for checking on those who should be quarantining, I seriously doubt the state is going to have their people make house calls. The money and manpower just isn't there. They might call the numbers provided on the completed traveler health forms though.

CaptainAmerica

I don't foresee any issues. Apparently I will have to complete an online travel health form before coming back to Connecticut. As for checking on those who should be quarantining, I seriously doubt the state is going to have their people make house calls. The money and manpower just isn't there. They might call the numbers provided on the completed traveler health forms though.
I think the schools will get the list but you said no kids so obviously nothing to worry about there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Welllllll - there is still a problem.

Getting HOME. Suppose one fly's into FL, has a great vacation, then needs to fly home to NY? What would NY do?
Now, we are not affected - we live in MI. But the "this state quarantines THAT state" thing is getting out of hand. It's generally causing problems with Interstate travel.

Really - I wonder what State #1 does when a trucker carrying goods (like FOOD) goes through banned state #2 en-route to State #1. Anyone know?
Truckers have been exempted everywhere due to critical supplies. It may not make sense but there was no other way.

As far as the “state restrictions” go...its “out of hand” because of trying to play a delicate game of trying to discourage all travel/weekending without outright banning it. The intent is clear. Gonna be an interesting fall/winter.
Um. I applaud your spirit, but do you have kids?

They're taking names and tracking you if you fly back home into Bradley. Your kids won't be allowed back in school for two weeks.
Sure seemed like someone who disclaimed blatantly breaking the rules with the preface of “don’t think of me as breaking the rules...”

I don’t honestly see the difference?

StoneCutter589

This was posted to WDW Tourist Blog...

July 23, 2020 Update
: Florida’s Department of Health has stopped enforcing Governor Ron DeSantis’ order requiring travelers from Connecticut, New Jersey and New York to quarantine for 14 days after arriving in the state. This info comes from several airports that previously had been tasked with facilitating the collection of contact information from travelers and providing quarantine instruction forms. This is no longer occurring at Central or South Florida airports.

Additionally, the Florida Department of Transportation, which previously operated highway checkpoints for travelers driving in from other states, has closed its checkpoint previously in place at the Florida-Georgia state line. Although we cannot confirm that enforcement has been eliminated state-wide, that certainly appears to be the case.

3BratsToDisney

This was posted to WDW Tourist Blog...
Yup this came out on Monday that they closed shop on the borderline in addition to ending the incoming flights having to fill out forms. Now we just sit and wait to see if they will even update the EO in regards to the tri states(I doubt it). I don't know why they haven't updated the FDOH site yet because basically if your not asking for info then you obviously are not even enforcing the EO at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No one is going to quarantine, regardless of if they are told they have to or not. Don't you know by now this is the land of the entitled and people will do whatever they want regardless of it affects others?
Yes...

And it’s:
A. Sad
B. Disgusting

We are going to see lots of self justifications and misdirections posted in the coming months...from all over the place. But for a vacation there is no excuse...and we’d all love to be on vacation.

PolynesianPrincess

Yes...

And it’s:
A. Sad
B. Disgusting

We are going to see lots of self justifications and misdirections posted in the coming months...from all over the place. But for a vacation there is no excuse...and we’d all love to be on vacation.

Yep! and I'm in Texas, which is considered a hot spot right now! If they changed things up and were going to make me quarantine upon arrival to Florida, I would reschedule my trip.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yep! and I'm in Texas, which is considered a hot spot right now! If they changed things up and were going to make me quarantine upon arrival to Florida, I would reschedule my trip.
Well I’m in the Kingdom of Jersey...

And I’m tired...and I’m bored/frustrated...and I sure as hell would love to be on vacation as opposed to looking at an entire “academic” year locked in with a depressed economy...

But the point of the rules was to try and lessen the disruption...and screwing around has already wasted the summer. People just don’t see the long game due to immaturity/lack of wisdom.

So why break the rather simple rules or common sense guidelines and self justify yourself for a week?

The long game is just not being understood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom