In regards to the tri-state 14 day quarantine

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
Just jumping on here with the latest news update I just read...the mandatory two week quarantine for tri-state area residents has been extended until 9/5...if anyone is still planning on going down to Disney World before then.
Thank god because I was thinking of going down the week of 9/11.
Thanks for the update! I can’t find that anywhere. Can you post a link? We live in MA, but fly out of CT. The cases here have gone way down, so if it’s been extended that feels political, rather than medically reasonable. Our trip Isn’t until December, but it’s something to keep an eye on.
You must be referring to Bradley International. I live in central CT and use the same airport.

seascape

The problem with the 14 day quarantine is the return from Florids. My wife works for a company that is dependent on government contracts. Therefore if we go in August she will have to take 2 weeks off in addition to her vacation. Regrettably, it means we have to cancel in August and hope September will work out.

DisneyDebRob

Wait, so there isn't a quarantine? Or just those who don't follow the guidelines? Or both?
The quarantine right now, if following mandates, for a weeks vacation from the northeast should take 5 weeks. 2 weeks in Florida when arriving, 1 week vacation, then 2 weeks when you get back home.
To answer your question, there is a quarantine and those that don’t follow guidelines.

Last edited:

Disney4family

Wait, so there isn't a quarantine? Or just those who don't follow the guidelines? Or both?
I can’t speak for others - for why they traveled or how throughout this mess.
I’m coming from an area that has been 1% or under for awhile now. If anything, people think we’re nuts to fly into the center of the storm.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The problem with the 14 day quarantine is the return from Florids. My wife works for a company that is dependent on government contracts. Therefore if we go in August she will have to take 2 weeks off in addition to her vacation. Regrettably, it means we have to cancel in August and hope September will work out.
Some require 2 week quarantine not just time off upon return and some forbid travel entirely

wdwgreek

Hey all question. I'm from Connecticut, but my family has been quarantining on cape cod in Massachusetts. They are going to disney via Logan airport they are worried about the tristate quarantine order since their licences say Connecticut. They are saving Massachusetts receipts to show they have been on cape cod for the last two months. Will they be allowed to go to disney they are extremely nervous. What should they expect at the airport?

3BratsToDisney

Hey all question. I'm from Connecticut, but my family has been quarantining on cape cod in Massachusetts. They are going to disney via Logan airport they are worried about the tristate quarantine order since their licences say Connecticut. They are saving Massachusetts receipts to show they have been on cape cod for the last two months. Will they be allowed to go to disney they are extremely nervous. What should they expect at the airport?

I don't know what to tell you for sure what Disney will do. From reading different forums and groups on FB it appears Disney is not even questioning or asking for any kind of proof you quarantined. But again this is all hearsay on the internet these claims could be true or false. With WDW encouraging guests to use the online check in, your not even seeing a CM unless you choose to visit the front desk so I'm not really sure how they would go about enforcing anyway. Also if they required proof I would imagine it would of been stated on their Know before you go web page. When is their trip scheduled?

wdwgreek

I don't know what to tell you for sure what Disney will do. From reading different forums and groups on FB it appears Disney is not even questioning or asking for any kind of proof you quarantined. But again this is all hearsay on the internet these claims could be true or false. With WDW encouraging guests to use the online check in, your not even seeing a CM unless you choose to visit the front desk so I'm not really sure how they would go about enforcing anyway. Also if they required proof I would imagine it would of been stated on their Know before you go web page. When is their trip scheduled?
They are scheduled for mid august their prginal trip was in june. They asked me to find out since I spent time on the "blogsites"

3BratsToDisney

They are scheduled for mid august their prginal trip was in june. They asked me to find out since I spent time on the "blogsites"

Then you still have a little time to decide and maybe watch how things play out in Disney? That is what we are doing right now our trip is set for August as well. Our plan for now is to watch the numbers in FL, keep an eye on that EO if there is any changes and then once we are closer to our dates decide.

Astro_Digital

COVID restrictions often make little sense.
They are politically motivated, and rarely do they bother giving you reasons.

Reading the news lately the Tri-State area is not the hot spot, COVID is under-control, but Florida is a hotspot.
So stop people with Florida plates from going into the Tri-State area.

JusticeDisney

I am kinda in the same situation. I live in PA but would fly out of upstate NY.
You both will be fine with your specific circumstances. The quarantine rule applies to people who are from NY, NJ and CT, and NOT to people who happen to merely travel through those states. Think of it this way. If you live in Vermont and drive through NY on your way to WDW, you certainly wouldn’t be subject to the quarantine rule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom