In regards to the tri-state 14 day quarantine

Cinderella_1987

Hi! First time post here but I do have some information regarding this being from the tri-state area myself. I spoke to DVC Member Services the other day because my upcoming trip is in August. I was told that not only do I have to adhere to the quarantine rule, but I also COULD NOT enter Walt Disney World Resort. They don’t even want us quarantining in our hotel rooms. I thought this information would be helpful. Not sure if anyone else got this information as well, but I was told this on Monday of this week. The information could’ve changed, but with the travel restriction and quarantine rule still in effect, I don’t see that happening.

wannabeBelle

One of my friends has a trip in late July and she is keeping an eye on this as well. She saw someone on a message board was saying they had contacted the governor's office. The governor's office conformed that the travel ban would be lifted by July 8th. This is all pure hearsay so I cant swear to any of this, but that is the day the order is scheduled to expire anyhow. Marie

Disney4family

Our "celebration trip" was originally set for July 23rd - with a stay at BLT.
Our daughter's high school graduation (in NY) was rescheduled for July 29th.
We called DVC to see what we could do. The wonderful CM helped us reschedule our celebration graduation trip for August 1st.
I asked about the ban. The CM told me she had no idea what I was talking about.
I asked multiple times. The CM blew it off each time.

Cinderella_1987

Our "celebration trip" was originally set for July 23rd - with a stay at BLT.
Our daughter's high school graduation (in NY) was rescheduled for July 29th.
We called DVC to see what we could do. The wonderful CM helped us reschedule our celebration graduation trip for August 1st.
I asked about the ban. The CM told me she had no idea what I was talking about.
I asked multiple times. The CM blew it off each time.
One of my friends has a trip in late July and she is keeping an eye on this as well. She saw someone on a message board was saying they had contacted the governor's office. The governor's office conformed that the travel ban would be lifted by July 8th. This is all pure hearsay so I cant swear to any of this, but that is the day the order is scheduled to expire anyhow. Marie

Every time I called and asked I got the same thing. Either they ignored my question or they gave their standard two answers as of late. “I don’t have the information“ or “You will need to abide by state guidelines.” It wasn’t until I spoke to a supervisor at DVC Member Services that I actually got some type of help. I also heard that they were going to lift the restriction, but as of last week they made the restriction indefinite with no end date. I feel like they need to be really explicit with this information and not give people the run around. I feel like I know more information about the accommodations they are giving to the NBA players than I do about the people who actually pay to go down there all the time. Just my two cents. Hope this information was somewhat helpful. 😃

Monica Horn

Every time I called and asked I got the same thing. Either they ignored my question or they gave their standard two answers as of late. “I don’t have the information“ or “You will need to abide by state guidelines.” It wasn’t until I spoke to a supervisor at DVC Member Services that I actually got some type of help. I also heard that they were going to lift the restriction, but as of last week they made the restriction indefinite with no end date. I feel like they need to be really explicit with this information and not give people the run around. I feel like I know more information about the accommodations they are giving to the NBA players than I do about the people who actually pay to go down there all the time. Just my two cents. Hope this information was somewhat helpful. 😃
I agree
I know this sitution is fluid and has many moving parts for WDW but really, if they can give the NBA details....

3BratsToDisney

I wonder how many of those NBA players are from the tri-state are? If there is any are they going to be quarantined for 14 days?

Good question. I haven't been following all the NBA stuff does anyone know the expected arrival date of the players? I thought I seen a list of the teams somewhere and Nets was listed

wannabeBelle

Cuomo considering quarantine for FL travelers.

I think this is just a quid pro quo kind of thing. DeSantis did it to NY'ers when our numbers were higher so Cuomo is doing the same now that the situation is reversed!! Marie

OneofThree

I think this is just a quid pro quo kind of thing. DeSantis did it to NY'ers when our numbers were higher so Cuomo is doing the same now that the situation is reversed!! Marie

Nice to know our public servants are as good as ever at adulting. :rolleyes:

In all fairness, Florida looks to be the new hot spot in respect to new cases reported daily.

Cinderella_1987

I wonder how many of those NBA players are from the tri-state are? If there is any are they going to be quarantined for 14 days?
I also read somewhere that the the people who the NBA bring with them as guests have to quarantine for three days outside of the resort and then four days in the resort, so that would be half of the fourteen day requirement. I heard on the news this morning that Florida is looking like it might be the new epicenter of the pandemic.

NelleBelle

I also read somewhere that the the people who the NBA bring with them as guests have to quarantine for three days outside of the resort and then four days in the resort, so that would be half of the fourteen day requirement. I heard on the news this morning that Florida is looking like it might be the new epicenter of the pandemic.
If true, I’d like to know what makes these guests so special that they only have to quarantine for 1/2 the time (and why do the NBA and their guests Get to quarantine on property when I thought the regular paying public were told that was a “no-go” and would not be allowed)?

Cinderella_1987

If true, I’d like to know what makes these guests so special that they only have to quarantine for 1/2 the time (and why do the NBA and their guests Get to quarantine on property when I thought the regular paying public were told that was a “no-go” and would not be allowed)?
I completely agree with you! When you call and mention this though, they of course have no answer! 😂

3BratsToDisney

Now with the travel restrictions coming from NY/NJ/CT I wonder how this will effect everyone's plans for the near future from these areas. From what I understand if you travel to a current hot spot such as FL upon your return home you have to quarantine another 14 days. So it goes like this 14 days prior to your FL vacation you have to isolate in state FL, then you go about your business in FL, come home and have to quarantine 14 more days?

phillip9698

Because its the NBA. Why did NBA players have access to tests when they were nowhere to be found for the general public? Because money talks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom