Trip Report In Progress ... Some Highs and Lows (Temps)

So we are midway through our trip and just enjoying the light crowds and colder temps.

Cast: both sets of Grandparents, DD (3 years old), Mrs. CORunner and myself

Crowds: From 1(empty) to 10: Probably a 4

Thus far we have seen all 4 parks since Monday. Did HS/MK Monday, MK/Epcot Tuesday and (so far) AK today.

Highs: One grandparent has never seen Disney magic up close. Only heard that 'It's expensive, crowded, etc.'. The first ride we took him on was RnR and he has been hooked ever since. Every ride he wants to admire the architecture of the queue and the rides are all new which is fun to see. Our DD has got to meet her Disney Jr heroes and when she met Jake from the Neverland Pirates her mind was blown!

Hotel: Having never stayed on club level it is going to be hard to go back to other hotels. From the strawberry champagne at check-in, to the concierge texts we've sent to get fastpasses, breakfast has been a nice perk in the morning and nightcaps in the evening it has been worth the extra money (We got the discount code back in October and had already booked at the YC, using the discount it was the same price to get the same room on the club level as there weren't any standard discount YC rooms available). Also a huge positive for the YC is the walking proximity to Epcot and HS. We have seen the fireworks at Epcot 2 out of 3 nights (the other night was at MK) and it was as easy as a few minute walk to and from the room. Also after hearing conflicting reports about the distance the walk was to HS I made a point and doing a loop around the boardwalk and to HS on my morning run. For anyone saying it is a 30 minute slog you must be hauling a ton of gear as our walk home was around 15 minutes pushing a stroller.

Crowd levels: Other than MK which has construction around main street and the newest rides crowds at the other parks have been very light. Most waits we have decided to stand in have been less than 30 minutes. Walked on both TT (singles line) in Epcot and Mission Space. The usual suspects for 70+ minute lines we've seen are Soarin, TSMM, SDMT.

We've also postulated that with the removal of the GAC that there has been a significant drop in Jazzies and wheelchairs. When we were here 2 years ago we noticed a lot more and the people using them were parking than walking families up the exit. Now when you see a Jazzy or a Wheelchair the occupant is in a cast, elderly/etc.

Also we think there was a change in BTG's. The largest pod we've seen is around 30-40, where before you would see groups approaching 100. Maybe it is a change in policy as there still is the single flag waver.

Low's: Sometime monday night I lost my sunglasses. It wouldn't hurt but they were a high dollar Christmas present. Called lost and found, checked at City Hall. Nothing :(

Another low has been the temperature. Not complaining with the storm in the NE, but mornings are 50's and have only gotten into the mid 60's so far. We are hoping for a warm up because DD loves sand and pools and we want to be able to enjoy the portion of the hotel pools that are open!

mrdrift

Sounds like everyone is having a really Magical time at the parks. I only wish I could go when the crowd level is a 4 like your are experiencing, I can deal with the coldness if it means no major crowds. Following along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom