In person non-Disney Races - what's "on" now and what are you doing?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Figured it would be fun to start this thread so we don't de-rail the specific Disney threads. This could also be a good source for those of us looking for runcations OTHER than Disney.

I'll start.

I'm currently running the Skedaddle half marathon in Sioux Falls, SD on April 25th. https://www.run605.com/skedaddle-half-marathon.html
- Sioux Falls has no mask mandates so masks are completely optional, no vaccination required, etc. I *THINK* registrations were limited due to Covid but there are still registrations available so ??

I'm also signed up for the Space Coast Half in Cocoa, FL November 28th https://www.spacecoastmarathon.com/
- There is a blurb on their website regarding saftey protocols but nothing specific: Safety protocols and practices based on local health guidelines and industry best practices will be utilized on race day. We will communicate these to all event participants as part of our Captain’s Logs.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I’m going to run the 10km distance during the Geneva Marathon week-end ... which has turned into the marathon month. Maximum 40 runners total (for four race distances) can start each half hour Thursday-Sunday. I might, because I can with this format, also sign up for La Genevoise - normally restricted to only women and for the past several years 6.5km. This year open to all and only 5km.

I’m also trying to determine if I can get a team together for RunMate - a team relay of 210 km around the Lac Leman. It is the last weekend in September.

lukacseven

The Rock and Roll series of races are opening up with masks provided for start and finish. Not required while running.
The Philadelphia Distance Run is back! Limited capacity in-person. 09/19. For those of you who aren't aware, this was the original date (third weekend in September) for this race. This race dates back to 1978, but it was bought by RNR in 2008 and operated as a RNR event (albeit with less musical entertainment that the original race) on on various other dates. This year it returns as the "Philly Distance Run" with a nostalgic theme that pays homage to the initial '78 race. No course yet, but hoping they also go back to the old PDR course and not the modified "river loop" course that RNR used.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Celebration just announced that they’ll be back on January 30th! I’m so excited, this is a fantastic local race and I really missed it this year.

How's the course? I would only do the half and that's only if Disney doesn't do Marathon (or Princess at this point) in-person.

Figment82

How's the course? I would only do the half and that's only if Disney doesn't do Marathon (or Princess at this point) in-person.
Fantastic course! It winds all throughout Celebration, including a mix of roads, sidewalks, and wooden boardwalks (which I know aren’t everyone’s favorite, but I like the change). It’s my PR race. The marathon is a double loop so there’s a very generous time limit for the half (7 hours, I think?).

The after party is amazing! All of the local restaurants in town give out samples. I’m not too keen on eating much after a race, so I give my dad my sample card and he goes crazy, lol! Swag is fun too - I have two large fleece blankets that my daughter has stolen from me. 😂

In the past, it’s typically 2 weeks after WDW Marathon Weekend, so it is a lot close together (for me, anyway), but it’s totally worth it if you can swing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom