News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

FutureCEO

The son has original music which is mehhh but he's British so I'm posting it. If you look at his other stuff, he has a few Disney stuff. The mother is better btw.

Rider

Looking at today's photos of AK I'm still a little surprised that Disney didn’t design the tram loop with separate load and unload areas like they did for HS. Now, I understand that HS had separate areas previously and AK didn't but you would think they would just do it as part of this work.

Now AK is the only park with a single load and unload area (although I believe MK is going to remain an oddball with two stations that act as both load/unload).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
the bus pickup area that you point out... is that where the trams to MK used to pickup at back in the day?
Where the yellow arrow is? Yep.

But why does the planter by the parking tram drop off area not line up with the monorail supports?

2E7770E5-8A19-4D49-B4FC-9BDAEF672981.jpeg

DVCakaCarlF

But why does the planter by the parking tram drop off area not line up with the monorail supports?

View attachment 478149
Same reason why the light pole in a parking lot didn’t get placed inside a island...the engineer for the monorail beam didn’t overlay his plans over the civil set, so it never dawned on either of them to make this accommodation.

It happens everywhere, even at Disney. So they will cut out concrete and widen the planter.

Last edited:

Rider

View attachment 478149

If you zoom in closely you can see the metal queues for the trams in that white pavement area next to the lonely support. I bet the planter lines up with the space between the two tram loads and extending it to cover the other beam would cause issues with not enough room for the trams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom