News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

scottieRoss

Been here for a few days and really can’t stand the inconsistency of entering the parks. I don’t like holding my phone over my head, I don’t like being ordered about. I much prefer the system in California and literally everywhere else I’ve gone through security with the trays.
Holding your phone over your head is much faster and efficient. additionally, then my phone never leaves my eye sight. Much more efficient system.

halltd

That is a point I hadn’t considered. I personally still prefer the Disneyland model.
You prefer taking EVERYTHING out of your pocket, putting it into a bin, waiting for the people in front of you, walking through the detector, grabbing all your stuff from the bin, and putting it all back into your pocket OVER just walking through with your phone by your head?

I hate to even ask, but why?

TrainsOfDisney

You prefer taking EVERYTHING out of your pocket, putting it into a bin, waiting for the people in front of you, walking through the detector, grabbing all your stuff from the bin, and putting it all back into your pocket OVER just walking through with your phone by your head?

Probably cause that is what I am used to? It’s what I do at airports, concerts etc. I also question how effective the detectors are if they have been turned down so much that a cell phone won’t set them off but that’s another debate.

But this isn’t about holding my phone up, that part alone is ok if Disney was doing a consistently good job of explaining the process in a friendly and welcoming way. And I mean the entire entrance security process.

(There are good people working at security.... but quite a few overly bossy ones too).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

We found Disneyland to be surprisingly efficient. Although it did help the new checking area had just been opened and there were so many more lanes open than an Orlando park.

TrainsOfDisney

We found Disneyland to be surprisingly efficient. Although it did help the new checking area had just been opened and there were so many more lanes open than an Orlando park.

I feel like the system at Disneyland is more intuitive? There are signs up explaining the process and it just seems to work.

I think there is also something psychologically disturbing about having security staff instructing you into a “hands up” pose.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I feel like the system at Disneyland is more intuitive? There are signs up explaining the process and it just seems to work.

I think there is also something psychologically disturbing about having security staff instructing you into a “hands up” pose.
We skipped Orlando this year; do the new Epcot and DHS checks have adequate signage? Got to say I’m looking forward to our next WDW visit to see the improvements at the parks entrances over the last year.

Monorail_Red_77

The cell phone will set them off, thats why you need to hold it above your head.
Not always. I have an iPhone 8 Plus and rarely have to take it out of my pocket in the last 6 months to a year since they streamlined the security checks. They no longer ask me to empty my pockets, unless I set it off first. Experienced this at all park checkpoints. Much more efficient.

TrainsOfDisney

We skipped Orlando this year; do the new Epcot and DHS checks have adequate signage? Got to say I’m looking forward to our next WDW visit to see the improvements at the parks entrances over the last year.

The infrustructure itself is great and along with the new bus stops is a huge improvement visually and efficiency wise.

The signage tells you if the lines are open, but there is no signage explaining the process like at Disneyland. It seems more confusing and results in cast members shouting out orders way more than the California system.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
The infrustructure itself is great and along with the new bus stops is a huge improvement visually and efficiency wise.

The signage tells you if the lines are open, but there is no signage explaining the process like at Disneyland. It seems more confusing and results in cast members shouting out orders way more than the California system.
Like you said, it’s 90% about what your used to.. The issue is exaggerated because the process from park to park is different. Once all the remodels are finished, I’m hoping the process will also becomes the same at all Orlando Parks. This way as you move to different gates throughout a vacation week, by day two you know what they want you to do.

halltd

Disneyland's probably seems more efficient because their guests are mostly APs and just know the process. WDW is like going through airport security at Christmas...there are so many newbie travelers that it's a nightmare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom