News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
* scrolls to top of page to check thread title.*

Yup, “Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks”. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Ismael Flores

glad they are improving things but what a bad choice of putting a white wall there for the tram loop. That whole wall and grass area should instead have been a green hedge and flower garden. A nice planter that can be decorated for different events like the garden festival.

ThatMouse

Looks like for EPCOT there could be a slight bottleneck of people waiting for the tram at the end of the night and those wanting to walk to their car. This happened at the old HS bus stop, but those were huge bus stop lines blocking the path.

COProgressFan

glad they are improving things but what a bad choice of putting a white wall there for the tram loop. That whole wall and grass area should instead have been a green hedge and flower garden. A nice planter that can be decorated for different events like the garden festival.

Maybe they plan on painting it a different color? First thing I thought was, wow that's going to get dirty really quickly.

peter11435

Hedges would not have worked because the wall is designed to be able to stop a vehicle.

Ismael Flores

Hedges would not have worked because the wall is designed to be able to stop a vehicle.

I think that a hedge can still have been added, The Disneyland resort has several hedge walls that line the Tram path. They placed barriers that stop vehicles from crashing into the tram route from Disneyland drive then grew these beautiful hedges to give the area a pleasant feel.

Actually quite a bit of the resort is designed that way. Secure fencing or barriers and tightly compacted trees line all areas of the resort that face traffic and all along the tram routes. They create a green space keeps the areas cooler and also help with noise reduction.

Last edited:

peter11435

I think that a hedge can still have been added, The Disneyland resort has several hedge walls that line the Tram path. They placed barriers that stop vehicles from crashing into the tram route from Disneyland drive then grew this beautiful hedges to give the area a pleasant feel.

Actually quite a bit of the resort is designed that way. Secure fencing or barriers and tightly compacted trees line all areas of the resort that face traffic and all along the tram routes. They create a green space keeps the areas cooler and also help with noise reduction.
I thought you were referring to a hedge wall instead of the physical wall. I’m fairly certain the landscape in that area is not yet complete

rowrbazzle

Absolutely Agree!! Our last trip I said now why in the world do I need to be screened at Poly, again at TTC and then again at Epcot! Baffling! So excited for this news!

If you're screened at Poly and ride around to the TTC I don't think you have to get screened again. The monorails are after the security check. Either way, getting off at Epcot and going back through security sucked. This is a great change.

ThemeParkJunkee

Nice this week to take the Monorail from Epcot to MK and not have to do a second screening. The entrances at all four parks are an ugly, godawful mess, however. I nearly got lost in Epcot with the whole central area behind walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom