News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
(sarcasm=on) Oh, I thought they were going to take your wallet when you enter, to make the monetary extraction process more efficient. (sarcasm=off) ;)

I like the covered bag checks, that's a long overdue addition in my book. I don't really care about covered walkways, because it's Orlando and you're going to be in the sun for hours and hours anyway, what's an extra 1-2 minutes? That being said, if we drive to a park, we routinely walk instead of taking the trams, as it's typically faster to walk anyway.

Biff215

I hope this means the International Gateway will be expanded to accommodate the increases capacity after the Skyliner opens. That gate is going to be a cluster otherwise!
Agreed. It can get quite busy now, especially at park open, or when the convention crowd walks over. At a minimum, if they move the bag check before the Skyliner, that will relieve some crowding at the IG entrance. As a frequent BCV guest, I hope something is done as this is the best perk of the Crescent Lake resorts IMO.

CLEtoWDW

Agreed. It can get quite busy now, especially at park open, or when the convention crowd walks over. At a minimum, if they move the bag check before the Skyliner, that will relieve some crowding at the IG entrance. As a frequent BCV guest, I hope something is done as this is the best perk of the Crescent Lake resorts IMO.

That’s a great point on the bag checks before boarding the Skyliner. It actually makes me wonder if they should construct a separate entrance for skyline riders given they have already been cleared through security... that way the Epcot resort guests still have their entrance and the Skyliner guests can go through their own high capacity gate perhaps located near where the old convention center in located between the UK and Canada.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom