Impact of WDW Marathon on park going

Kate Alan

So I am planning a return to WDW next year, and after my sister begged me reconsider going during the summer due to the heat, I was looking at January dates as a possible alternative. Despite going to WDW in January multiple times I've always somehow missed being there at the same time as the marathon weekend - however, the dates we would potentially be going would fall over that timeframe.

What impact does it tend to have on the parks, if any? If following our original itinerary the park days that would likely overlap are our Animal Kingdom and DHS days.

dreamfinding

So I am planning a return to WDW next year, and after my sister begged me reconsider going during the summer due to the heat, I was looking at January dates as a possible alternative. Despite going to WDW in January multiple times I've always somehow missed being there at the same time as the marathon weekend - however, the dates we would potentially be going would fall over that timeframe.

What impact does it tend to have on the parks, if any? If following our original itinerary the park days that would likely overlap are our Animal Kingdom and DHS days.
It is going to make a big difference. Expect the crowds to be crazy. Remember marathon weekend is really Jan 7-12 (expo on the 7). A lot of folks will stay after the 12. Happy to talk more about my experience this most recent marathon weekend.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom