Imagining Disney animatronics with masks

MickeyLuv'r

Original Poster
For some reason, I'm suddenly picturing all the WDW animatronics with masks. Mind, I'm not saying this will happen, but a little bit, it could be funny to see on some rides.

Remember the red tags WDW gave people to hold (while in line) to mark how long the queue waits were? One funny visit, I noticed one of those tags was left on one of the skeletons on the beach of the PotC ride at WDW. It was pretty funny.

Along those lines, anyone with me on funny locations to imagine a Disney animatronic wearing a mask?

Cmdr_Crimson

After reading this.......
tenor.gif

HongKongFooy

Masking the inanimate has been severely overused and is unoriginal....in short not funny. That "joke" along with toilet tissue has been overplayed 6 weeks ago by tens of millions thinking they were clever.

By now it's the worst cliche in the annals of human history.

91JLovesDisney

For some reason, I'm suddenly picturing all the WDW animatronics with masks. Mind, I'm not saying this will happen, but a little bit, it could be funny to see on some rides.

Remember the red tags WDW gave people to hold (while in line) to mark how long the queue waits were? One funny visit, I noticed one of those tags was left on one of the skeletons on the beach of the PotC ride at WDW. It was pretty funny.

Along those lines, anyone with me on funny locations to imagine a Disney animatronic wearing a mask?
I am not even joking, this had come up in my family hours before I read this post - we thought it would be funny if all the prerecording in
WDW were muffled, as if whoever was talking was also wearing a mask 😂
I think it would be hilarious if Disney added masks on one or two animatronics, just for kicks.

MickeyLuv'r

Original Poster
I was also thinking of ways WDW might delicately try to tell kids it is okay to wear a face mask at WDW.

The Disney Channel is already running a little PSA about washing hands that shows two Mickey gloves washing up.

I was sorta picturing that WDW commercial they show in the hotel rooms, where Stacy says all the rides at WDW are super awesome, only maybe in the new version, she promotes the fun of wearing a mask on all the WDW rides.

Only maybe it comes out more like a bloopers reel; her mask keeps flying off every time she tries to ride BTMRR with a mask. She tries to smile during the opening announcement...

MickeyLuv'r

Original Poster
I am not even joking, this had come up in my family hours before I read this post - we thought it would be funny if all the prerecording in
WDW were muffled, as if whoever was talking was also wearing a mask 😂
I think it would be hilarious if Disney added masks on one or two animatronics, just for kicks.

Thanks, yes, I was more imagining ways WDW could incorporate mask wearing into the storytelling. The example in my opening post wasn't the best.

BASS

I realize your post is in jest, but I sure hope not. When Disney reopens, I'd prefer to not be reminded of COVID. Disney exists to provide a fantasy world far from the stresses of everyday life. Now more than ever, for a slice of a few minutes on a ride, let me try and forget about this pandemic.

InnKpr

Have the Adventureland camels near magic carpets spit disinfectant instead of water.

Also change the ending scene of POTC to have Jack Sparrow sitting in a room hording Purrell hand sanitizer rather than treasure.
"A toast to piracy, and all of its cleanly rewards."

MickeyLuv'r

Original Poster
I realize your post is in jest, but I sure hope not. When Disney reopens, I'd prefer to not be reminded of COVID. Disney exists to provide a fantasy world far from the stresses of everyday life. Now more than ever, for a slice of a few minutes on a ride, let me try and forget about this pandemic.

This thread isn't about debating masks, but they are presently required at Disney Springs for anyone over the age of three.

Disney could help kids make the best of the situation, in the special way Disney tries to make Disney days a little more fun and pleasant.

If you don't plan to visit WDW while masks are a thing, that's okay too.

I was just trying to make the best of the situation in a way that wasn't so dreary.

NelleBelle

I wasn't going to respond with anything because I couldn't really see the humor in this, however, something struck me as mildly humorous as imagining having all of the muppets in Liberty square wear a mask

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I wasn't going to respond with anything because I couldn't really see the humor in this, however, something struck me as mildly humorous as imagining having all of the muppets in Liberty square wear a mask
Fozzie: *Wearing a mask* Mmmm Mmmhmm! Mhhaa mhhha! (Translation: And That's all! Wacka wacka!")
Statler: Well, there's one positive to the masks!
Waldorf: Yeah, it shuts him up!
Both: Ohohohohhh!!!

Katelynbird

I never would have thought f this just sitting around thinking, but maybe a full face mask covering over Cinderella's Ugly Step Sisters wouldn't be a bad idea.

BASS

This thread isn't about debating masks, but they are presently required at Disney Springs for anyone over the age of three.

Disney could help kids make the best of the situation, in the special way Disney tries to make Disney days a little more fun and pleasant.

If you don't plan to visit WDW while masks are a thing, that's okay too.

I was just trying to make the best of the situation in a way that wasn't so dreary.

To each's own I guess. But I think that overall, you'd likely find displeasure from guests if there were masks on animatronics.

MickeyLuv'r

Original Poster
Like it or not, theme parks are going to have visible precautions in place for the foreseeable future, similar to the way 9/11 changed airport security.

I'm hoping WDW finds creative ways to convey information, that's where I was trying to go with this thread.

Adding a little humor to the idea of masks was just a starting place to convey that idea, but I'd love to hear other ideas for making a serious situation a little more lighthearted.

I'd like to think these boards have some creative minds, and folks could come up with creative ways to communicate other (new) safety precautions that have been discussed on these threads.

That's all; I'm really not trying to ruin anyone's day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom