Imagineers at future MI coaster building.

Tom

Beta Return
Soundstage 1

Assuming we're talking about the building known as "Soundstage 1", they have been tinkering with it off and on for a while.

Here are some links from the Permit Thread (which is actually a listing of Notices to Proceed filed with Orange County for work done to existing facilities, which Disney must do before lifting a finger on any project - from installing a dishwasher to adding onto a theme park):

10/16/09
Soundstage 1: Electrical work
Soundstage 1: New truss and curtain

03/18/10
Soundstage 1: Structural work
Soundstage 1: Restroom modifications

04/27/10
Soundstage 1: Mech work

Not to burst bubbles, but these types of projects sound more like general up-keep or maintenance in preparation for something minor. They probably wouldn't file permits and do odds-and-ends like this if they were going to build an attraction in the building. They'd wait and file one permit/NTP for the entire project.

Just my guess. :shrug:

Sosai X

That is great news! :sohappy:

Do imagineers really use Sorcerer Mickey nametags? If not, how can we know an imagineer when we see one?

barb1.jpg

The Sorcerer Mickey nametag has been in use since 1984 when WED Enterprises was merged with Walt Disney Productions, and officially became Walt Disney Imagineering. Before that, Imagineering was their unofficial nickname, as evident on the WED Enterprises from the 1960's:

wedimagineering.jpg

Also at that time the MAPO unit, the one that made the Audio Animatronic division, merged into WDI as well...

mapo.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
if you look at building permit on soundstage it says for soundstage expansion. i wonder if that was for toy story or for monsters inc.

On which permit did you see "soundstage expansion"? I looked back at the 5 I linked to and didn't see anything.

BrerFrog

What mini-renaisance? Other than Pixar Place and Toy Story Midway Mania very little has happened. The Monsters Inc. coaster is going at a snails pace and the hat is still there.

I believe he was talking about the Animation Studios, not DHS. :wave:

PhantomX

Well right now DHS is in the worst shape so if Disney was smart they would begin beefing it up with new attractions immediatly.

kingslyZISSOU

I hate to sound like a Debbie Downer, but how do we know any construction will be D or even E tickets? I hate to say it, but I think it's a lot more likely for us to get some cheesy smallish pixar attractions like they have at the studios in Paris.
Isn't the whole logic behind the FL expansion to make more attractions for young children? If the studio is lacking anything, it's attractions for small kids.

So hopefully this new MI ride is very kid friendly while being adult friendly... but I'm pretty skeptical.

Krack

I hate to sound like a Debbie Downer, but how do we know any construction will be D or even E tickets? I hate to say it, but I think it's a lot more likely for us to get some cheesy smallish pixar attractions like they have at the studios in Paris.
Isn't the whole logic behind the FL expansion to make more attractions for young children? If the studio is lacking anything, it's attractions for small kids.

So hopefully this new MI ride is very kid friendly while being adult friendly... but I'm pretty skeptical.

In my opinion, the smartest thing Disney could do is build 4 to 6 Fantasyland-inspired Pixar dark rides in DHS. Dark rides eat people, excite children and are relatively inexpensive - it's exactly what DHS needs. I'd do the same thing in AK, too (using "animal" films - Bambi, Mr. Toad, the Lion King, etc) as the start of a Beastly Kingdom.

raven

In my opinion, the smartest thing Disney could do is build 4 to 6 Fantasyland-inspired Pixar dark rides in DHS. Dark rides eat people, excite children and are relatively inexpensive - it's exactly what DHS needs. I'd do the same thing in AK, too (using "animal" films - Bambi, Mr. Toad, the Lion King, etc) as the start of a Beastly Kingdom.

I vote for dark rides in DHS. While they are at it, add a few to AK as well.

kingslyZISSOU

I would love that, but it's not very realistic. I think we might get one dark ride, and a couple of standard ready made attractions.
As I said... look at the pixar expansion of disney studios paris...

21105toon.jpg

rct247

Backstage, the doors leading into Soundstage 1 have signs that say "Authorized Contractors Only". Some doors even have a key pad entry, I think. Suits and other people have gone in and out occasionally, but there hasn't been equipment moving in and out on a constant basis...at least that I know of.

It feels like a Willy Wonka operation, except you do see people going in and coming out occasionally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom