Imagineering Hall of Fame - Class of 2019

Who are your inductees for the Class of 2019?

• FireMountain

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • JokersWild

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • mharrington

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • NateD1226

• Outbound

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • PerGronStudio

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • RandySavage

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Sam4D23

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • TwilightZone

• Vipraa

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
As 2019 winds to a close, it's time for the 7th annual Imagineering Hall of Fame induction!
upload_2017-10-16_14-6-11-jpeg.238456

The Imagineering Hall of Fame was a concept designed back in 2013 to pay special tribute to the armchair Imagineers and their contributions to the Imagineering community over the years. Each fall, the Imagineering community nominates and votes in a class of Imagineers into the Hall of Fame.

The Nomination Process
The only requirement to be nominated is that the member has been an active contributor to the Imagineer forum and/or other Imagineering sites for at least 1 year.

Each person can nominate up to 2 members that they would like to see in the Hall of Fame by commenting on this thread below with their selections.

This process will continue until we reach up to the maximum of 10 nominations (this site's polling system has a maximum of 10 slots). If more than 10 members are nominated then there will be a preliminary vote to narrow it down to 10.

After the 10 nominees are finalized, the voting poll will be established, where you can vote for up to 7 members you'd like to see get into the Hall of Fame. Once the votes are in, the 7 highest voted members become the Imagineering Hall of Fame - Class of 2019! *If there is a tie for 7th, then additional members can be added.

Here are the past six Hall of Fame Classes.

Class of 2013
BryceM
stitchcastle

Class of 2014
jdmdisney99
MonorailRed

Class of 2015
englanddg
Matt7187
Voxel
Zweiland

Class of 2016
DisneyManOne
spacemt354
tcool123
TheOriginalTiki

Class of 2017
D Hindley
Disney Dad 3000
FigmentPigments
Imagineerland
kap91
kmbmw777
MANEATINGWREATH
S.P.E.W

Class of 2018
orlando678-
Pionmycake
RMichael21
IDInstitute
AceAstro
James G.
Basketbuddy101

Evilgidgit

2019 Nominations

--FireMountain--
Always equipped with a proper meme or more importantly a solid brainstorming concept, FireMountain has grown over the years as an imagineer in this community, gaining 3rd place in 2018's So You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 17, and being involved in various other events around the forum.

--JokersWild--
A long time member of the VisionsFantastic forum dating back to the mid-late 2000s, as well as a member of the imagineer forum for the better part of the last decade, JokersWild has been an avid creator in both competitions and individual creative writing concepts. The co-host of 2016's So You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 13 (as well as prior SYWTBAI competitions), and a player in Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2, 3, and a variety of other competitions, Jokers has a long track-record of being involved in these imagineering communities.

--mharrington--
One of, if not the longest active member of the imagineer forum, as well as being involved in the VisionsFantastic forum, mharrington is one of the most detail oriented and realistic armchair imagineers in the community. Always tweaking his concepts and challenging his prior conceptions, mharrington has been a staple of this forum for years and surely years to come.

--NateD1226--
An enthusiastic imagineer who began his time here by hosting his own competition, Nate has been over the years one of the most warm voices in the community, always excited for the next imagineering competition, and continuously involved in the brainstorming and discussion threads.

--Outbound--
A dedicated member with a resume including 1st place in 2019's Sorcerer's Apprenctice Season 5 competition, hosting One Little Spark Season 2, as well as manning the monthly imagineering newsletters, Outbound has shown his passion for this community and will continue to into the future

--PerGronStudio--
Swiftly becoming one of the most active and unique members on the forum with his vast zoological background, PerGron has stepped out of the box in various competitions over the past few years, as well as an active brainstormer, and even delving into the podcast world on occasion.

--RandySavage--
Known for his Ideal Buildout blog, RandySavage is a long-time member and talented armchair imagineer with a knack for expanding existing parks in a cohesive and detailed fashion. His artwork and map creations are some of the best around.

--Sam4D23--
A member for most of the last decade on this forum, Sam has, in his own words, grown up on this forum, and still contributes ideas till this day. After winning one of the early competitions 2012's WEDs ThinkDifferent challenge, Sam branched off into various other competitions including several seasons of The Sorcerer's Apprentice, The Sole Imagineer, a co-host of The Creator Games, as well as an active voice in various community-wide events.

--TwilightZone--
Building her talents in particular through the past few years of The Sorcerer's Apprentice and the One Little Spark competition, Twilight embodies why this community means so much to so many. The way that her talents and skills have grown, trying new things, and learning from other teammates and brainstormers, is exactly why we keep coming back.

--Vipraa--
Known for his Arendelle mini-land concept, one of the most well-liked projects in the forum history, Vipraa also branched out in the competition realm from 2013 till 2017, playing in several, as well as co-hosting Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3.​

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
For my 2 nominations - I'd like to nominate @Outbound and @Sam4D23

Outbound for winning Sorcerer's Apprentice 5, hosting One Little Spark Season 2 this summer, as well as being a strong voice keeping things going during these past few months/years.

And for Sam being one of the longest-tenured members around here, being around for years of brainstorming threads, competitions, etc. You can't tell the story of the imagineer forum over the years without Sam - so therefore a hall of fame slot is deserved.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'd like to nominate @PerGronStudio and @TwilightZone

Pergron quickly established themselves as one of the strongest imagineers here and is a positive, uplifting voice for the forum. It's tough to imagine that they weren't even eligible last year when it feels like they've been here forever.

Twilight Zone has grown such a tremendous amount over the years and always shows such great creativity and excitement for every project! Plus, they're always trying to find new and interesting ways to push the forum forward!

PerGron

I’d like to nominate @NateD1226 and @Outbound

Nate has been a consistent player through the late 2018-2019 season and has participated in every major comp in that run time. They’ve been a consistent presence who is always very positive and fun presence when working with them.

What more can I say about Outbound than has already been said? Outbound has been a consistent player in the same time frame and has jumped exponentially to being one of the best And most recognizable names on the boards over this year.

Outbound

I'd like to nominate @PerGronStudio for helping me judge OLS 2. I know he didn't seem very active from the public perspective but behind the scenes, the two of us discussed who should win every round. He provided valuable input in both the setting up and management process. He was also a significant player in last year's Sorcerer's Apprentice. And... something-something 2/15/20.

I would also like to nominate @mharrington for being active here and on the sywtbai imagineering site since the early 2000s (if my research is correct). That's certainly an accomplishment! Plus, they were spotlighted by the thread of the week this year.

Sam Magic

Having been here for almost a decade I've seen a lot of fantastically creative and driven folks. With that said, a few key people stood out to me this year as more than deserving of this honor. On that basis, I formally nominate @Outbound and @PerGronStudio. Both have demonstrated in the past year their dedication to this subforum. Through hosting and participating in competitions they have also showcased their creative skills and talent as armchair Imagineers.

Best of luck to all the nominees!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
We'll give it one more day for nominations before the poll begins - so far we have 7 nominations and with that said I'd like to nominate someone who was very instrumental years ago that the new people today might not remember and that is @Vipraa

Playing in several competitions from 2013-2015 for example The Sole Imagineer, as well as hosting The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3, Vipraa showed his imagineering and creative talents through and through. He's also known for having one of if not the most "liked" projects on the imagineering forum - his Arendelle mini-land concept

For all of that he deserves a Hall of Fame nomination!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The poll is up! I nominated a 10th candidate and that was @JokersWild

-- In the opening post, if you scroll, you'll see a little blurb about each of the nominations that you can read over before voting if you'd like! Just some background info on the candidates.

And remember you can vote for up to 7 people in the poll! Good luck to all the nominees!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom