Imagineering Hall of Fame - Class of 2018

Who Should Be In The Imagineering Hall of Fame Class of 2018?

• Orlando678-

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Pionmycake

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • RMichael21

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • IDInstitute

• AceAstro

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • James G.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Randy Savage

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Basketbuddy101

• David3219

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Evilgidgit

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AceAstro

Original Poster
As we hit the end of October, it is time for the 6th annual Imagineering Hall of Fame induction!

upload_2017-10-16_14-6-11-jpeg.238456

The Imagineering Hall of Fame was a concept designed back in 2013 to pay special tribute to the armchair Imagineers and their contributions to the Imagineering community over the years. Each fall, the Imagineering community nominates and votes in a class of Imagineers into the Hall of Fame.

The Process
*The requirements and procedures have changed over the years, however, we are continuing the 2017 model as described below

The requirement to be nominated is that the member has been an active contributor to the Imagineer forum and/or other Imagineering sites for at least 1 year. Up to 10 members can be nominated for a given class. If more than 10 are nominated then there's a preliminary vote to narrow it down to 10. After the 10 nominees are finalized, the community votes for up to 7 members. Once the votes are in, the 7 members with the most amount of votes become the Class of 2018. *If there is a tie for 7th, then additional members can be added.

Class of 2013
BryceM
stitchcastle

Class of 2014
jdmdisney99
MonorailRed

Class of 2015
englanddg
Matt7187
Voxel
Zweiland

Class of 2016
DisneyManOne
spacemt354
tcool123
TheOriginalTiki

Class of 2017
D Hindley
Disney Dad 3000
FigmentPigments
Imagineerland
kap91
kmbmw777
MANEATINGWREATH
S.P.E.W

Class of 2018 Nominees

Orlando678-
Pionmycake
RMichael21
IDInstitute
AceAstro
James G.
Randy Savage
Basketbuddy101
David2319
Evilgidgit

Last edited:

AceAstro

Original Poster
Nomination Process
In this thread over the next week or so, you can comment below with two nominations of members you think deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. In years past, the nominees tend to be members that have had several years within the armchair imagineering community before their nomination. An attempt to resemble other sports and music hall of fame credentials.

Nevertheless, this can be tough for newer members to nominate older members they have not engaged with as much, so it's not a requirement for this year's class. While long term member nominations are encouraged, if relatively newer members (within a year or so) have made a strong enough impact that they deserve a spot in the hall, feel free to cast a nomination for them.

For the Class of 2018 voting process, there will be a total of 10 nominees and 4-7 members with the highest vote tallies out of the group will enter the Hall of Fame.

If you have any questions feel free to ask -- in the meantime, nominations can begin! Have fun!

-------------------

To start off nominations I want to nominate @orlando678- and @Pionmycake.

Orlando678- started with finishing third in the House Cup in 2015 and never turned back. Orlando continued with these competitions as well as some very successful personal projects such as Refurbishing Disneyland Paris and Something New, Something Borrowed.

Pionmycake has been a very successful competitor through competitions like Sorcerer's Apprentice 4 and So, You Want To Be An Imagineer, as well as hosting his own successful competitions in One Sentence Competition and One Little Spark.

spacemt354

Chili's
I would like to nominate @RMichael21 and @IDInstitute

RM has been around since late 2013/2014 and competed in numerous comps including wins for WEDCAR (2014), The Choice (2015), SWYTBAI Season 13, and on the winning team of Hufflepuff for The House Cup in 2016. But even more than that RM is probably most famous for hosting The Sole Imagineer Season 1 and 2 in 2015/2016!

IDI began around the same time as RM in 2014 and made it pretty far in SA2 before going on to win The Sole Imagineer Season 1 and host The Creator Games Season 1 in 2015. IDI has also played in many comps like RM from SA, to 1984, The Choice, and the Elite Eight finales.

Both are great imagineers and after all these years deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame!

RMichael21

I would like to nominate @RMichael21 and @IDInstitute

RM has been around since late 2013/2014 and competed in numerous comps including wins for WEDCAR (2014), The Choice (2015), SWYTBAI Season 13, and on the winning team of Hufflepuff for The House Cup in 2016. But even more than that RM is probably most famous for hosting The Sole Imagineer Season 1 and 2 in 2015/2016!

IDI began around the same time as RM in 2014 and made it pretty far in SA2 before going on to win The Sole Imagineer Season 1 and host The Creator Games Season 1 in 2015. IDI has also played in many comps like RM from SA, to 1984, The Choice, and the Elite Eight finales.

Both are great imagineers and after all these years deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame!
Thanks space, that means a lot! Hopefully once senior spring arrives I can make a comeback to competition, I miss it dearly. :)

D Hulk

My two nominations, in alphabetical order:

@AceAstro
Maestro Astro has been a dominant, active, and reliably creative presence for a bit over a year, notably having won Sorcerer’s Apprentice 4 and having hosted the Imagineering Hall of Fame Class of 2018;). He’s done more already than I can remember. What’s next for everyone’s favorite Canadian? Hosting Sorcerer’s Apprentice 5, which I can personally assure you all will be fantastic.

@James G.
Uncle Jim has barely begun his WDWMagic career, but he’s already proved himself with extraordinary performances on Theme Park Apprentice. In those he has judged multiple times, won Water Park Apprentice, won Tournament of Champions, and been runner-up pseudoyously with perhaps his masterpiece creation, Americans 1900. Few know of how Jim is still evolving that concept into a truly ambitious multi-park resort!

James G.

You know the phrase that every actor nominated for an Oscar says? "It's a great honor just to be nominated." I always thought that was b.s., and that you could tell their acting talent when the camera shows their reaction to losing, but it really is an honor (especially considering I had never heard of the Imagineering Hall of Fame before this...yes, I'm that much of a newbie). Thanks for the nomination!

FireMountain

I would like to nominate @Pionmycake and @RandySavage

Pi has become one of the biggest names on the forum over the past few years. He has a certain style to his work, one with vibrancy, uniqueness and humor. And his currently ongoing One Little Spark competition is one of the best comps I've seen.

And RandySavage, while not really well known for his work on WDWMagic, he is well known for his work on the Ideal Buildout blog, which brings outstanding artwork with brilliant ideas. His work comes quite often (every 3 months or so) he brings quantity and quality.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Nomination Process
In this thread over the next week or so, you can comment below with two nominations of members you think deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. In years past, the nominees tend to be members that have had several years within the armchair imagineering community before their nomination. An attempt to resemble other sports and music hall of fame credentials.

Nevertheless, this can be tough for newer members to nominate older members they have not engaged with as much, so it's not a requirement for this year's class. While long term member nominations are encouraged, if relatively newer members (within a year or so) have made a strong enough impact that they deserve a spot in the hall, feel free to cast a nomination for them.

For the Class of 2018 voting process, there will be a total of 10 nominees and 4-7 members with the highest vote tallies out of the group will enter the Hall of Fame.

If you have any questions feel free to ask -- in the meantime, nominations can begin! Have fun!

-------------------

To start off nominations I want to nominate @orlando678- and @Pionmycake.

Orlando678- started with finishing third in the House Cup in 2015 and never turned back. Orlando continued with these competitions as well as some very successful personal projects such as Refurbishing Disneyland Paris and Something New, Something Borrowed.

Pionmycake has been a very successful competitor through competitions like Sorcerer's Apprentice 4 and So, You Want To Be An Imagineer, as well as hosting his own successful competitions in One Sentence Competition and One Little Spark.
I would like to nominate @Pionmycake and @RandySavage

Pi has become one of the biggest names on the forum over the past few years. He has a certain style to his work, one with vibrancy, uniqueness and humor. And his currently ongoing One Little Spark competition is one of the best comps I've seen.

And RandySavage, while not really well known for his work on WDWMagic, he is well known for his work on the Ideal Buildout blog, which brings outstanding artwork with brilliant ideas. His work comes quite often (every 3 months or so) he brings quantity and quality.
Absolutely honored beyond words to be nominated! I cannot say how much it means to me!

I will definitely make some nominations! I'm a bit confused though, are the nominations also the votes? Or are they seperate? Just wondering if I should make sure to nominate people who haven't been yet or use my nominations as votes?

spacemt354

Chili's
Absolutely honored beyond words to be nominated! I cannot say how much it means to me!

I will definitely make some nominations! I'm a bit confused though, are the nominations also the votes? Or are they seperate? Just wondering if I should make sure to nominate people who haven't been yet or use my nominations as votes?
Nominations are just the people who will go on the ballot.

The forum can only hold 10 nominations so once we hit 10 Ace will make the poll on the thread, and then the top 7 tallied at the end of the voting period will be in the hall

spacemt354

Chili's
So here's the people nominated so far, the x2 is people who were nominated by two people. If there are over 10 people nominated then the ones who were nominated multiple times will have priority and any ties there will be a runoff vote to have the 10 nominees.

I honestly can't remember last year if it came to that haha it might have

orlando678- x2
Pionmycake x2
RMichael21
IDInstitute
James G x2
AceAstro
RandySavage

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Nominations are just the people who will go on the ballot.

The forum can only hold 10 nominations so once we hit 10 Ace will make the poll on the thread, and then the top 7 tallied at the end of the voting period will be in the hall
Awesome! that's what I thought, but I saw a few double nominations so thought I'd check.

I am going to nominate @Basketbuddy101 (Someone who may not be as active, but always leaves a huge impact when he is. Creator of some of the best projects in forum history!) and @David2319 (who may have retired from the forum, but whose episode of the One Sentence Comp did a lot to shape that into one of the most consistent and popular competitions on the board, created the Imagineering break room, was all around a great presence and talent on the boards, and was instrumental as the host of my first competition here in helping to encourage me and get me involved here).

DisneyManOne

I heretofore nominate @Evilgidgit and @Imagineerland.

Although a relative newcomer on the Imagineering field, Evilgidgit has produced many amazing ideas. I'd say he's most well-known for his incredibly ambitious S.E.A. Cinematic Universe concept, but there are some other things of his I'd like to delight. His World War I-set take on The Aristocats was a delight to read, and in my opinion, a better take on the story than the actual animated film. His subsequent ideas--including Ghibli Country at Disney's Animal Kingdom, and the projects pitched as part of @Pionmycake's One Little Spark Competition--have also been wonderful.

Imagineerland, like Randy Savage, is someone not really known for his time on WDWMagic. But, I still remember his epic teamup with the members here for a Sydney Disneyland project unveiled on his blog on July 17th, 2017. He's got great artistic skill and some very nifty ideas, and I feel that we should give him due credit.

spacemt354

Chili's
I heretofore nominate @Evilgidgit and @Imagineerland.

Although a relative newcomer on the Imagineering field, Evilgidgit has produced many amazing ideas. I'd say he's most well-known for his incredibly ambitious S.E.A. Cinematic Universe concept, but there are some other things of his I'd like to delight. His World War I-set take on The Aristocats was a delight to read, and in my opinion, a better take on the story than the actual animated film. His subsequent ideas--including Ghibli Country at Disney's Animal Kingdom, and the projects pitched as part of @Pionmycake's One Little Spark Competition--have also been wonderful.

Imagineerland, like Randy Savage, is someone not really known for his time on WDWMagic. But, I still remember his epic teamup with the members here for a Sydney Disneyland project unveiled on his blog on July 17th, 2017. He's got great artistic skill and some very nifty ideas, and I feel that we should give him due credit.
So good news in a way Imagineerland is in the Hall of Fame :p

Also good news because combining Pi's nominees with Evil that brings us to 10 Nominees if @AceAstro wanted to forgo any more nominations and just begin the vote!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom