Imagineering Hall of Fame - Class of 2017

Who Should Be In The Imagineering Hall of Fame Class of 2017?

• D Hindley

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Disney Dad 3000

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • FigmentPigments

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Imagineerland

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • kap91

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • kmbmw777

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • MANEATINGWREATH

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • orlando678-

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • OvertheHorizon

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • S.P.E.W

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D Hulk

Seeing as @D Hindley, and @Disney Dad 3000 have already been nominated. I would like to add @FigmentPigments to the list of nominations. Her writing is truly incredible!
I gotta second that that nomination for @FigmentPigments! Love her work, and how well she juggles projects here and even on other sites. It's also been a great pleasure Imagineering alongside her.

If I may nominate two more...the two Imagineers whose work has maybe most directly inspired me: @MANEATINGWREATH and @Imagineerland. They're like opposite sides of a coin, with MEW's Super Blue Sky ultimate resort, and IL's incredibly pragmatic ideas for real parks. Love 'em both!

Suchomimus

I gotta second that that nomination for @FigmentPigments! Love her work, and how well she juggles projects here and even on other sites. It's also been a great pleasure Imagineering alongside her.

If I may nominate two more...the two Imagineers whose work has maybe most directly inspired me: @MANEATINGWREATH and @Imagineerland. They're like opposite sides of a coin, with MEW's Super Blue Sky ultimate resort, and IL's incredibly pragmatic ideas for real parks. Love 'em both!
Have you ever read orlando678-‘s dream projects?

Suchomimus

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
If I'm allowed, I would also like to nominate (vote for?) @D Hindley, as I believe his work is very creative and original, and @Imagineerland, as I have seen his work and it's quite impressive and creative! :D
Absolutely you can!

The way this works is for the next few days or so we nominate people who we would like to see have a chance to get into the Hall. Then once we have 10 different nominees, a poll will go up on this thread and you can vote for up to 7 members you'd like to see be inducted. :)

So far the updated list consists of 9 nominees

D Hindley x6
Imagineerland x3
FigmentPigments x3
Disney Dad 3000 x2
MANEATINGWREATH x2
orlando678- x1
Turtle x1
Basketbuddy101 x1
kap91 x1

If we end up having over 10 nominees, I'll think of something - maybe a wild-card vote-off to narrow it down to 10 based on the members nominated the fewest times, which might be among the members tied at (x1) nomination each. Everyone else with multiple nominations would automatically be in the main vote. But we'll cross that bridge when/if we get there.

Disney Dad 3000

How cool a thing is this? And how tough to nominate just two people? Thank you to the folks who mentioned me, but there are others far more worthy. My nominations have a bit of recency bias, but I think waranted based on the individuals. That being said, @orlando678- has some really in depth threads and ideas over the years and I just wish I had more time to read it all. He really should just be in there.

@D Hindley definitely a new guy to the forum, but the sheer volume, quality, ideas and leadership he has brought to the forum I think would qualify him in most any year. I am continually impressed everytime he posts an idea.

@FigmentPigments while she's been around awhile :), she had what I would say was a ridiculous year on the forum to go with all of her past exploits. From being a major contributor and leader on the few amazing projects Team Baby Groot was able to start during the Creator Games, during the summer winning an off-site comp while still being a huge force for Team Pixar's awesome ideas for the GMR and to top it off still contributing to the forum even she was having a rough go of it.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Could we have a legacy category? Totally agree to open it up to more selections per year:D, but since we did 2 per year for a while, many didn't get in who were prominent figures. @WED99 for example. Since they've moved on it would be tough for the current group here to vote them in for stuff that happened years ago:bookworm:

My nominations are @kmbmw777 and @S.P.E.W Skill is one thing which they have, but enthusiasm and consistent participation mean a lot in a community like this:) Both have done a lot, from Ender's Game and other comps, to Spew being super active and engaged in countless brainstorming threads. It adds up! Worthy of a nomination:cool:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Could we have a legacy category? Totally agree to open it up to more selections per year:D, but since we did 2 per year for a while, many didn't get in who were prominent figures. @WED99 for example. Since they've moved on it would be tough for the current group here to vote them in for stuff that happened years ago:bookworm:

My nominations are @kmbmw777 and @S.P.E.W Skill is one thing which they have, but enthusiasm and consistent participation mean a lot in a community like this:) Both have done a lot, from Ender's Game and other comps, to Spew being super active and engaged in countless brainstorming threads. It adds up! Worthy of a nomination:cool:
Yes! Legacy inductions would be great. I think even @tcool123 used that terminology when nominating Turtle.

What if we had 5 legacy inductions? One for each year of Hall of Fame voting, so the inductees would look like this.

Class of 2013
BryceM
stitchcastle
Legacy:

Class of 2014
jdmdisney99
MonorailRed
Legacy:

Class of 2015
englanddg
Matt7187
Voxel
Zweiland
Legacy:

Class of 2016
DisneyManOne
spacemt354
tcool123
TheOriginalTiki
Legacy:

Then we do one for 2017, and for every year from now on, we nominate 1 member to be the year's legacy inductee.

As of now, I would say Turtle, WED99, maybe even Basketbuddy would be the legacies, which in turn, shrinks the total nominees back down to 9 for the main vote.

Suchomimus

latest

No! My name’s not Spew!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Since people seem good with the legacy inductions, piggy backing off of Red's suggestion of WED - two others I think should be in are @RMichael21 and @Sam4D23

The current group probably hasn't seen much of them recently, but from 2013ish - 2016 they were some of the best and most active members of the community - winning two competitions each iirc, hosting competitions, engaged in discussions, and just overall nice people!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Will leave the nominations open throughout the night I think - but we've reached 10 nominees (which is the max amount I can have in a poll on the forum) so if anyone else is nominated, we'll have to go into a quick 24-48 hour vote off between the people nominated once (x1) in order to narrow it down to 10. Thanks everyone for participating so far! :)

Class of 2017 Nominees
D Hindley x7
Imagineerland x4
FigmentPigments x4
Disney Dad 3000 x3
kap91 x2
MANEATINGWREATH x2
orlando678- x2
kmbmw777 x1
S.P.E.W x1
OvertheHorizon x1

Legacy Induction Nominees
Sam4D23
RMichael21
WED99
Turtle
Basketbuddy101

RMichael21

Will leave the nominations open throughout the night I think - but we've reached 10 nominees (which is the max amount I can have in a poll on the forum) so if anyone else is nominated, we'll have to go into a quick 24-48 hour vote off between the people nominated once (x1) in order to narrow it down to 10. Thanks everyone for participating so far! :)

Class of 2017 Nominees
D Hindley x7
Imagineerland x4
FigmentPigments x4
Disney Dad 3000 x3
kap91 x2
MANEATINGWREATH x2
orlando678- x2
kmbmw777 x1
S.P.E.W x1
OvertheHorizon x1

Legacy Induction Nominees
Sam4D23
RMichael21
WED99
Turtle
Basketbuddy101
Thanks space, I appreciate the nomination! I wish I could be more active around here, but school/activities have pretty much taken over my life. Maybe in the future I could participate more, haha. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Polls are now open! (top of this thread) They'll be open for the next 5 days (till next Monday) -- you can vote for up to 7 members, and the top 7 at the end of the voting period will be the Class of 2017.

For any new voters, or people who just want a refresher on the nominees, I wrote up a paragraph or so about each which is now in the first post, highlighting their past accomplishments and what they have done for the forum in the most positive light I could for everyone. Here it is if you don't want to go back.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Class of 2017 Nominees

D Hindley
Having been a prominent member of the forum, ThemeParkInsider, for many years, Douglas was one of the standout contributors to their flagship imagineering competition, winning it 3 times.
Theme Park Apprentice 7 - July-August 2015
Theme Park Apprentice 8 - May-August 2016
Tournament of Champions II - May - June 2017

One little spark, a nomination of one of his projects, DisneySky, for a wdwmagic imagineer forum March Mania awards tournament, brought Douglas over to the forums, and he hasn't looked back since. From his artful insight into blue sky concepts, to his erudite descriptions of theme park environments, and his visionary artistic designs - Douglas has contributed to multiple group projects including Club 32's Sydney Disneyland Theme Park, So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal, as well as imagineering competitions such as The Great Movie Ride Competition, the One Sentence Competition (winning one episode), and hosted Theme Park Apprentice 9 on both wdwmagic and ThemeParkInsider. D Hindley has elicited his talent and unbridled enthusiasm for armchair-imagineering even in a short time-span.

Sample Work
(from The Great Movie Ride Competition, Project 3)
full

Disney Dad 3000
Beginning in 2015, Disney Dad sprung onto the scene by participating in The Creator Games: Omega Challenge - an auxiliary competition to The Creator Games where the contestants had to design a 5th gate for WDW. Disney Dad won it in exemplary fashion. For the next few competitions throughout the 2015 season, DD3000 stayed eagerly watching, and instead participated in various discussion threads throughout the forum, until April 2016 when he joined Ravenclaw in The House Cup Imagineering Competition.

Becoming a team leader in that environment, DD3000 then went on to play in The Creator Games: Project Revival in January 2017 - being a part of a team that will go down as the '1927 Yankees' of Imagineering Teams (Team Baby Groot), going 3-0 in the brief competition, while dominating every challenge. He then went on to host his own successful competition - The Great Movie Ride Comp from July-August 2017, and participating in the group project from So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal. Disney Dad is known for his encouragement, team first attitude, and overall a calming presence on the forum.

Sample Work
(Host of The Great Movie Ride Competition)
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-great-movie-ride-projects-announcements.924471/

FigmentPigments
Having been an onlooker for many years, Figment joined The House Cup on the winning Hufflepuff team in June 2016, and has not looked back since. One of the most prolific and active brainstormers, Figment is responsible for some of the best competition projects these events have seen. Participating in So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 13, from June 2016 - September 2016, she was the bygone favorite to win the whole competition, before being strategically ousted via the Survivor reality-show dynamics of the competition. She then went on to win the competition Eisner's Game in December 2017, and multiple episodes of the One Sentence Competition. She was a member of the infamous Team Baby Groot in The Creator Games: Project Revival in January 2017, contributing mightily to those undefeated projects. Most recently, she was a designer in Club 32 (despite being sick for months on end), and played in The Great Movie Ride Comp. FigmentPigments is known for her dedication, , fondness of S.E.A., kindness, and artistic talents.

Sample Work
(from The Creator Games: Project Revival, Project 3)
full

Imagineerland
From his inception on the imagineer forum in 2013, Imagineerland has coveted some of the most realistic armchair imagineering designs. Imagineerland is an shining example that the self-run competitions are definitely fun, but not necessary participation in order to make a significant impact on the community. Through his personal projects, Imagineerland is famous for the Library of London attraction concept (2016), Indiana Jones Adventure: Lost City of the Gods, in addition to his Disney Park Expansions. Utilizing computerized maps and sketches, Imagineerland's content stands out from others, being uniquely his own style, which is something to be proud of. Imagineerland has a blog http://imagineerland.blogspot.com/ - where you can see the various projects he has created. In recent months, Imagineerland was a vital contributor to the Club 32 Sydney Disneyland theme park - designing the park map

Sample Work
(Sydney Disneyland Park Map)
MSqePtX.jpg

kap91
Having been around the forums since 2005, kap91 is most famously known in recent months for one of the most detailed and intricate imagineering projects the forum has ever seen. On her website, https://www.themeparkconcepts.com/ - she has meticulously crafted a stunningly authentic Mary Poppins: Cherry Tree Lane attraction. Complete with full attraction write-ups, astoundingly realistic concept art, as well as a passion to perfect it, kap has shown her incredible creative talents, in addition to being a prolific essay writer - just recently publishing a piece on 'Why Pirates is so good?' analyzing the attraction's design from a psychological standpoint and hypothesizing why Pirates is one of the most universally beloved attractions across eclectic backgrounds. kap was also involved in the creation of Sydney Disneyland, utilizing her Mary Poppins attraction as well as offering feedback/suggestions for other designs.

Sample Work
(Mary Poppins: Cherry Tree Lane Concept Art)
img_0043-jpg.207732

kmbmw777
Bursting onto the scene with Hufflepuff in The House Cup Imagineering Competition, joining the team in May 2016, Kevin went on to help Hufflepuff win the entire game. After his play in The House Cup, Kevin became a vital member of the community for the foreseeable future. He went on in the Fall of 2016 to finish in 5th place in the imagineering competition, A Twist in Time, played in various One Sentence Competitions, and hosted two events. The first being the 'Year End Event' in December 2016 - Eisner's Game. The second being March Mania in March 2017, which was a March Madness bracket style tournament where we selected some of the best imagineering projects of all time. Going on to play in The Creator Games: Project Revival, finishing as a juror on So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 14, playing in The Great Movie Ride Competition, and being a judge for both A Twist in Time: The Sunshine Expedition as well as Theme Park Apprentice 9, Kevin is well versed in the genre of armchair imagineering, and a wonderful contributor to building the forums to where they are today.

Sample Work
(Host of Eisner's Game Imagineering Competition)
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...imagineering-competition.921721/#post-7461400

MANEATINGWREATH
A member of VisionsFantastic for several years, and a member of sywtbai.com before the merge with wdwmagic in the Fall of 2014, MEW (for short) has been a prolific member of armchair imagineering not only being involved in competitions, but also pioneering what is today known as 'Open Brainstorming'. On VisionsFantastic - he began several brainstorming projects such as Disneyland Australia, where rather than having people compete in competition format, they would simply discuss among themselves, how the theme park resort would be conceived. This promoted teamwork without the stress of competition eliminations and such. Nevertheless, MEW was also a host of the competition So, You Want To Be An Imagineer - in Seasons 8, 12, and 14 (with Season 14 being held on wdwmagic). He was also the original creator of the 'League of Dreamers' - a competition that involved designing one park, land by land. Today, MEW is most famously known for his Dream Resort - a mega blue sky theme park with wonderfully creative ideas.

Sample Work
(Dream Disney Resort, 2016 - 2017)
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...mon-tree-award-sponsored-by-applebees.911687/

orlando678-
Most famous for his individual blue sky threads regarding how to change Walt Disney World, orlando is a multi-talented armchair imagineer. Playing in his first competition in 2015, The Creator Games, orlando ascended all the way to 3rd place in the competition, making it to the final round from a competition that started with 16 players. After that monumental achievement, orlando has contributed various ideas to his brainstorming threads over the years, while periodically playing in competitions such as The House Cup in 2016, and The Creator Games: Project Revival in January 2017. While some of the ideas are still to be completed, orlando has shown he can generate an audience, with his 'Refurbish Disneyland Paris' thread racking up over 37,000 views and counting to this day, and his Walt Disney Resort Project garnering 27,000+ views...making his threads some of the most viewed in the history of the forum.

Sample Work
(Walt Disney Resort Project, 2015-2017)
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/walt-disney-resort-project.908256/

OvertheHorizon
Despite working as an author and actor, OvertheHorizon is able to have time to show his passion and creativity for the armchair-imagineering community and has gained the respect and admiration of many involved. After posting various concepts throughout the forums, OvertheHorizon joined Hufflepuff in The House Cup for the final three challenges in June 2016. With a record of 2-1, he propelled Hufflepuff to victory through his website design and great fervor for a competitive project. After participating and gaining the most medals in the One Sentence Competition Season 2 Episode 3, he joined The Creator Games: Project Revival, helping Team Baby Groot go 3-0 in competitive play, and once again using his website talents to propel the team to victory. OvertheHorizon furthermore uses his skilled writing and unique artistic abilities to give the projects 'life' and a professionalism that have contributed to some of the forum's best imagineering projects. Recently, OvertheHorizons branched out to a Horizons remake project called Century 22, an attraction that made its way into Club 32's Sydney Disneyland.

Sample Work
(from The Creator Games: Project Revival, Project 1)
https://creatorgames1.weebly.com/

S.P.E.W
Arguably one of the most active members in the imagineering community, S.P.E.W has developed a reputation for being an omnipresent voice of the imagineer forum. Rather than focus time in competitive formats, S.P.E.W is one of the most active brainstormers and reviewers on the forum. His passion for giving feedback, starting conversations and dialogue are attributes that might go unnoticed at first, but contribute mightily to the evolution of a forum setting. In order for a forum to succeed, you need activity, and S.P.E.W brings that activity in spades, having contributed to various projects over the years including Club 32's Sydney Disneyland, So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 15 Uniting Universal, among others that he will continue to bring life and activity towards.

Sample Work
(Universal Australia Resort, 2017)
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...uniting-universal-official-hub-thread.927244/

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom