Imagineer-Project 12:Chrononymous and WDWVacationer

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
Hey......I just wanted to get this started!

I hav an idea for the play area. What do you think about a Chip&Dale treehouse area?

Chrononymous

Thanks Vacationer! And It's awesome to work with you again...which is why I wanted you on my team!

We will need to refer back to the other thread as well, as we are still creating part of this together!

While I like a tree idea...isn't there already a chip N dale treehouse play area? Or am I thinking about Disneyland? I know I have seen it before!

I was thinking we could do something amazing and original with this. Or if not original...then completely huge! Like the dinosaur cavern play area they have at Islands of Adventure...which is one of my very favorite playground places ever.

I am hoping we can retheme the area...I think it stated we could in the original post...becuase I have this awesome vision of Camp Minnie Mickey Outback...

An Australian Adventure camp...still rustic, but with cool animals and other neat things.

but I'm not sure we can do this yet.

but if we could....can you just picture it? I can see climbing structures that look like eucalyptus trees with aniumatronic koalas and maybe even zipline type adventures, and a cool little water area, with crocodile stepping stones, abd maybe a giant platapus...

I'm getrting ahead of myself aren't I?

Chrononymous

sorry I wasn't here yesterday...hugely busy day!

Ok...so we can't do australia. Damn...it was a cool idea.

But maybe we can do something like an Indian themed play area? Based on a sort of evil cross breed of Pocahontas and Brother Bear?

Chrononymous

I have been thinking how fun it would be to have animals be part of the play area...

Like you have a rope swinging jungle gym type thing that looks like a tree...except that the ropes all look like different colorful snakes!

little animal swings that look and swing like wild horses! (there used to be horse swings at the local park when I was a kid...nowadays...no onbe remembers what I am talking about!)

little rocking boats that are shaped like turtle shells for toddlers...

and maybe the climbing tree CAN be chip n dales! except not a treehouse exactly...but as a natural tree!

Chrononymous

also...have you given any thought to the quick service restaurant yet?

I had this weird wacky idea to throw at ya!

since this is a camp...how about a peanut butter and jelly restaurant!

choose from different kinds of breads...different kinds of nut butters (almond, cashew soy and peanut) different kinds of jellies...marshmellow and hazelnut spreads...

and then grown up versions for adults too...like elvis sandwhich...peanut butter bacon and banana...or thai chicken with peanut butter sauce...

is that too outrageous?

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
I have been very busy. Computer issues and many events......sorry. I have been thinking!

Okay,I forgot about the treehouse in DL. But for the play area I was thinking that the canoe ride could ride through a forest that had sky bridges,tree slides etc. with some educational animal exhibits. They would be bears,snakes,foxes,bird areas that have sky bridges and slides through them....fun and educational.

For QS I wanted to do a simple camp mess hall with simple sandwiches, chips, cookies,juice.....but I like your idea! We could still have the cookies,chios,snacks....those things make me think summer camp. We should stick with the northern/adirondack mountain forest theme. Gray rocks,pine trees,rivers.....

Chrononymous

yep... I get computer issues! no worries! I am on a borrowed laptop and I am about to lose my internet any day now...(but if that happens I will be sure to check in with another computer!)

your play idea sounds really cool!
I like the idea of animal exhibits too...you mean real animals right?

We would just have to be very careful with how we exhibit them in regards to children...as many wild critters don't like children screaming and having too much fun around them! Also...we would have to find some that aren't nocturnal!

or...have a cave exhibit where they can see them behind glass...like at a zoo?

Would you like to be in charge of designing the play area?

Just make sure that you have some small stuff for toddlers...as well as more adventurous stuff for older tykes! and go wild with your ideas...they are great!

I would like to go with the Peanut Butter and Jelly place!...and absolutley...it would have chips and cookies and other stuff too! Maybe S'mores sundaes as a specialty!

I have to think of a name for the dining area...other than The Brown Bag...which is about the most clever name I can come up with at the moment in my sleep deprived state.
Got any ideas?

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
I will do the play area. Thanks for your suggestions.

I like the name! It's pretty good and I like the whole idea you have with the QS.

Chrononymous

I love your idea of seeing the forest movie characters in the play area!
Fox and the hound, Bambi's forest friends, maybe Pocahontas' animals and Brother Bears too...
Most of them are soft and cuddly and appeal to small tots...and what a cute idea to have them be represented.

It seems like we are going for the Summer camp theme ...so I was thinking CMs would be like camp councelers, and offer little activities throughout the area...like a little nature craft (pinecone bird feeder type stuff) or a simulated nature walk through the play area...see if the kids can spot little hidden things, like a field mouse figure under a tree, or a golden acorn hidden in a leaf mural...or something like that.
What do you think? Could you hide some little gems like that among the equipment?

I also decided on a new name for the quick service...Minnie's Mess Hall featuring Chip n Dales PB & J Gormet

Chrononymous

I'm plotting this thing out now because I don't honestly know what my schedule is for the next two days...or if I will have a computer...or if I am traveling or what's happening yet!

MINNIE'S MESS HALL Featuring CHIP n DALE'S PB&J GOURMET

Minnie's Mess Hall is a large indoor building, evoking the spirit of a large camp dining hall done in the Adirondac style, with big wooden beams, and long tables and benches. Umbrella tables and benches are also available for outdoor dining.

The Quick Service restaurant inside features fun comfort food that will remind guests of family camping and picnics.

The Menu

Pluto's Grill...grilled hot dog or bratwurst with all the fixin's
Trail Nuggets...chicken nuggets with honey mustard dippin' sauce.
Pine Wood Salad...with mixed greens, raisins,dried cranberries pignolas, tomatoes,cucumber and mushrooms. With or without grilled chicken.

Meals come with a bag of chips or choice of fresh fruit

Desert specialties
Smore's Sundae...vanilla soft serve with chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, hot fudge and graham cracker pieces.
Minnie's Giant Camp Cookies...fresh baked Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal
Bug Juice Cooler...Fruity red punch with an ice cream float and gummy worms on top
Milk, soda, Bug Juice (fruit punch) coffee

Also sharing this quick service space is another restaurant known as Chip N Dale's PB & J Gourmet which serves up freshly made Choose Your Own Peanut Butter and Jelly custom sandwiches!

Before placing an order, a guest gets a checklist of columns to choose from to make their selections. And once checked off, the list goes to the counter where the chefs prepare the sandwiches.

The checklist looks something like this

PLEASE make a check mark before each ingredient you want included in your special creation!

BREADS
White
Whole Wheat
Sourdough
Italian

NUT BUTTERS
Crunchy Peanut Butter
Creamy Peanut Butter
Natural Peanut Butter
Almond Butter
Cashew Butter
Soynut Butter

JELLIES and SPREADS
Grape Jelly
Strawberry preserves
Blueberry Preserves
Green Apple Jelly

Marshmallow Cream
Cream Cheese
Honey Spread
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Banana Slices
American Cheese

Would you like it?
PLAIN
GRILLED

or choose a specialty sandwich!

THE KING... creamy peanut butter, apple wood smoked bacon and banana slices, on grilled white bread

ASIAN INSPIRED...grilled chicken, crunchy peanut butter, lettuce, onion and Thai spices.

All sandwiches also include choice of chips or fresh fruit

Fractal514

Ok, seems we have some similar ideas.

I hope you don't mind me stopping into your thread, but I think we DON'T want to do duplicate stuff.

So I've done Minnie's Trading Post, and you've done Minnie's Mess Hall

You've done Chips and Dales PB&J extraordinairre, and I've done Chip and Dales Nut House...

So, here's my proposal. I will change the Trading Post to Uncle Scrooge's, I can re-theme it to work even better that way.

As for the PB&J, let's just make it part of the story that all the nut butters come from (and are available for purchase to take home from) Chip and Dale's Nut House.

Thoughts?

Fractal514

Also, I have a menu item suggestion, I don't know if it would be appropriate for me to give it, but let me know if you want it.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
If Chrononymous is not available to post the project on time, WDWVacationer will be able to turn in their portion of the entry.

Keep up the good work guys.

---TrevorA

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
I don't mind you stopping in!

I noticed the name conflict too! (I actually came here to post it!) I don't mind your suggestions,they both work for me. Duplicates are no good.

I'm open to any menu suggestion...so shoot! I hope Chrony does not mind.

Here is what I have for the play area:
•Trees with slides,rope swings,swings,rock climbing.
•Exploration caves with a nature scavenger hunt.
•Bird feeder crafts
•Exhibits featuring real animals that are represented in Disney films . (Pochahontas,Bambi etc.) Along with "camp consuelors" to answer any questions. (Not all animals will be live)
•Sky bridges
•Canoe ride goes through play area
•Name-Camp Minnie-Mickey Forest Exploration

I have a few other concepts I'm still mulling over,and I will have final decisions on those tomorrow,as well as any suggestions for the mess hall. I'm open to anything for the play area.

Fractal514

Every camp I've ever been to has had Bug Juice, it's a red fruit punch, I think it would be nice to have it in the Mess Hall.

Chrononymous

Your ideas sound excellent Vacationer...I did move the arts and crafts to the other side of the "land" on the map because we needed something in that corner that's still camp related.

Fractal...thanks for the suggestions!
And yes...I agree about the name changes and I love the idea that chip N dale have this whole nut empire! The gourmet spot in the QS can absolutely be part of their nut franchise!
And I will add bug juice to the menu as well!

Chrononymous

No problems!
...I am still home right now, but will be gone probably for the rest of today. I will try and get things all written up by the due time though...if I am not on my say...5:00 on Sat...will you go ahead and copy/paste the restaurant and map to the main thread for me? (and including your play area!)

I wanted to do some more drawings...but don't know if I will be able to in time...and the other team seems to be doing all the work on the D attraction to finalize it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom