Imagineer doing an AMA on Reddit right now...

PhotoDave219

That's sort of why I thought folks here might like it. ;)

It's a couple hours old, but I'm sure he's still going to be paying attention to it... I say toss all kinds of stuff at him and let's see what he does.

I dont play on Reddit.

And he's given enough information away about himself - started in a landscape architectural firm, worked in Shanghai and now is over at Disney Studios AND posting from a company computer? He's begging to get fired.

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
Hold the phone... He ain't gonna say anything of interest. And here I thought it might be an interesting AMA. :arghh:

nanogoose 1 point 43 minutes ago

How long do you have left to live before Disney's special forces team busts your door down and shoots you?

• give gold
  • Tophloaf[S] 1 point 36 minutes ago

Hopefully I haven't given away any trade secrets, I'm trying to respect my NDA and link to information that is already out there. That being said I'm actually typing from Disney Studios right now (different branch). So they shouldn't have any trouble finding me.

ABQ

I dont play on Reddit.

And he's given enough information away about himself - started in a landscape architectural firm, worked in Shanghai and now is over at Disney Studios AND posting from a company computer? He's begging to get fired.
But he's only giving away details on such poignant things; "Would you rather fight 1 castle sized Mickey, or 100 Mickey sized castles?" and "Would you rather imagineer a ride for 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?"
School cannot start up soon enough.

NowInc

The "verified" status on an AMA is easy to fake. I am going to go on a limb here and say this dudes full of crap. Everything he is saying isn't "news", as well as the fact that anyone who is seriously in the company is scared of their NDA (especially now that they tightened up pre-d23). Not to mention, there are social media blocks on almost all computers inside the Disney ecosystem...reddit is a HUGE site and I am 99% sure blocked. Also love the subtle plug for that "other" disney forum thats been severely lacking accurate/credible news lately. Their bluesky imagineering over there is a desperate attempt at getting attention, and I think this "AMA" is part of that.

Add to all of this that there are few Imagineers out there who have the skinny on whats going on outside of their own current project.

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
After he posted about posting from Disney Studios, I responded:

"LOL. And here I was thinking this might actually be an interesting AMA. Also, I admire your death-wish, posting from the Studios. Good luck with that.

ETA: Or else you've been asked to do this as advertisement for Shanghai. Which I absolutely wouldn't put past Mickey's Social Media team."

To which he replied:

"Sorry, doing the best I can. But there is a reason that there isn't a flood of people willing to "tell all". If I were doing this for Disney I'd probably have more interesting information :)"

So I guess at least the guy addressed my criticism.

Last edited:

ProjectXBlog

I'm not familiar with Reddit, but I assume there is no verification that these people are who they say they are? So nothing stopping anyone from hosting one of these things?
reddit verifies amas before they're done so i would be surprised if someone was able to fake this
He's begging to get fired.
he said he was an imagineer over a year ago, so he's got no ties

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom