Imagination ??

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
So first the figment signature is removed... but when did this happen?

It’s so odd cuz Nigel Channing’s name is still there.

Inspired Figment

This sadly is old news that’s been posted here before. a few months ago I think actually. But yes, the sign was replaced. A better sign than the last one... though I’d prefer we finally scrap that hideous, invasive Honey, I Shrunk the Audience Institute logo. The show went away years ago and the IP is so outdated hardly anyone recognizes what it’s supposed to represent anymore. Lol Bring on the Original Imagination theme with Dreamfinder & Figment already. No one likes the Honey I Shrunk the Audience institute retheme with Dr. Nigel Channing. Never did and still don’t. What wasn’t broken didn’t need to be fixed.
Another reason why that sign was replaced was because the awful old one with Channing looking up at at poorly rendered CG Figment with the weirdest “teethy grin” smile you could ever see, got all old and faded. Seems they understand that the traditionally animated Figment from the original looks a heck of a lot better than the cheap/off-model CG Figment from this ‘02/current version of the ride.

Inspired Figment

So no folks... i wouldn’t quite call this a “welcome” change. It’s Not good that Figment is still associated with the “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience” IP-integration still. That aspect should’ve been phased out years ago when the 3D show left. What we need is both the original spiral logo & this outdated theme finally going and getting Dreamfinder and the original spirit of creativity back.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I think it was removed but not 100% sure
I was there yesterday, I took the picture, it was not removed! That's why I thought it was weird!

I like it, it's just odd that Dr. Nigel Channing's plate is still there, because the point of the prop was to display him. (But, he IS displayed literally across from it too, so idk.)

EOD K9

If “Honey” was still there then I think the whole concept of the Institute would work. However, it’s now a hot mess. Although I do enjoy the DVC lounge.

Cmdr_Crimson

This sadly is old news that’s been posted here before. a few months ago I think actually. But yes, the sign was replaced. A better sign than the last one... though I’d prefer we finally scrap that hideous, invasive Honey, I Shrunk the Audience Institute logo. The show went away years ago and the IP is so outdated hardly anyone recognizes what it’s supposed to represent anymore. Lol Bring on the Original Imagination theme with Dreamfinder & Figment already. No one likes the Honey I Shrunk the Audience institute retheme with Dr. Nigel Channing. Never did and still don’t. What wasn’t broken didn’t need to be fixed.
Another reason why that sign was replaced was because the awful old one with Channing looking up at at poorly rendered CG Figment with the weirdest “teethy grin” smile you could ever see, got all old and faded. Seems they understand that the traditionally animated Figment from the original looks a heck of a lot better than the cheap/off-model CG Figment from this ‘02/current version of the ride.

If you think about it....Even the Front Entrance loop is Really out of Date now. With using Ellen's Energy Adventure Theme, Original Soarin, Mission: Space, Imagination Institute theme, Aquaculture (Living Seas Theme)....The only one that's Relevant and still playing...Golden Dream.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
If you think about it....Even the Front Entrance loop is Really out of Date now. With using Ellen's Energy Adventure Theme, Original Soarin, Mission: Space, Imagination Institute theme, Aquaculture (Living Seas Theme)....The only one that's Relevant and still playing...Golden Dream.
On the bright side, they do make for some very good generic entrance music for Epcot. They all sound very "inspiring" as you walk through the gates and look at Spaceship Earth.

Music is good. The park itself... Yea..

TrainsOfDisney

i get that Disney doesn’t know what to do with this thing, but how much money would it cost to make a cgi dream finder, use some of the historic audio, and polish up a bit of the attraction. True, that doesn’t get us the original back, but it would be a step in the right direction for very little money.

Are there any dreamfinder aa’s Left? Even if you just installed one somewhere in the attraction it would be huge.

TrainsOfDisney

The more I think about it, the more it makes my mind hurt..... have Pixar make a custom 3-d Figment / Dreamfinder short. It’s still branded as Pixar (so you get the IP) but it’s something you can only see at Disney.

They create new footage to be used next door at the ride replacing the Dr. with Dreamfinder as host.

Boom, you have 2 “new attractions” for almost nothing spent on infrastructure. All you’re doing is creating the new videos.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Even if dreamfinder came back he would probably just replace Channing’s screen time and voiceover but if they were to take Is thru the painting along with it that’s all I’d ever need.

FettFan

Here's something I'd like to see for a refurbished Imagination! from the Mori Digital Art Museum in Tokyo.

Imagine if the Imageworks were redone like this...just add a new version of the Rainbow Tunnel and we're set!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Here's something I'd like to see for a refurbished Imagination! from the Mori Digital Art Museum in Tokyo.

Imagine if the Imageworks were redone like this...just add a new version of the Rainbow Tunnel and we're set!

Honestly, they wouldn't have to get rid of the Innoventions buildings if they had something like this in them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom