I'm Going To Disney World!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Well, probably not until next December. I should probably explain.

I just got back from a trip to Disney World a few weeks ago (Photos at: http://www.visithoover.com PML members have already seen most of it in "My Boring Trip Report/photos" thread in the PML though I've added a few things - like a photo of my mother-in-law's head photoshopped onto a manatee and deleted a few things - like the frequent references to lizard genitalia . . . in case my mother-in-law reads it)

But I digress . . .

When we were at Disney World, I kept telling my wife (who generally sees my frequent trips to Disney World . . . if you can believe this . . . as some sort of vice or smething) that: "I probably won't be going back next year. . . we've seen everything and done everything so many times that there's really not much new." . . . I tried to convince her that Ryan was the one who wanted to go on Star Tours 300 times, and I simply saw it as my fatherly duty to accompany him and an unpleasant chore.

I might have fooled her (yeah, right, everytime I told her I wasn't going back she just snorted like a manatee (or her mother) who had just got water up her nose after trying to down an overly large head of lettuce), but I'm afraid I wasn't able to fool myself.

Our last day seemed particularly sad (since I wasn't going back) and when we got home, I had a note that my subscription to "Disney Magazine" was running out. Well, I certainly didn't see much point in renewing the subscription since I wasn't going back. It would only depress me, so I tossed it aside.

For Christmas, I got bunches of really cool Disney gifts, but each one sort of depressed me. I've really been just sort of uncharactaristically bummed out the last couple weeks.

This morning I was talking to a friend at work and explaining to him just why I wasn't going back, and I started to realize that I don't really have any reason not to go back (other than my wife's snide "I told you so" and the eye rolling "again?"s from co-workers (who, I will make a list of and fart in their offices).

But, anyway . . .

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! And I don't care who knows it, and I've been walking on air ever since I decided.:sohappy: :sohappy:

Now where is the re-subscription notice to Disney Magazine?

Computer Magic

garyhoov said:
eye rolling "again?"s co-workers (who, I will make a list of and fart in their offices).

Great idea. I hate it when I mention to co-workers, friends and some family members (in-laws) and they give you that look "again? haven't you already been there and done everything possible attitude."

They don't understand, hence is why I'm on this thread where everyone understands going back frequently is a part of life.

Now where is that can of beans :lookaroun

Computer Magic

PS. Let everyone know when your are going. You have a stalking fan club that wants to follow you around and be entertained. :lookaroun

tigsmom

Gary, NEVER let anyone make you feel bad about wanting to go to DisneyWorld! My inlaws think I'm insane ("there is more to Florida, you know" :rolleyes: ) and when I say I'm going on vacation everyone asks "where are you staying in WDW this time?" My DH puts up with my obsession as long as he gets to spend some time at the beach. He even "allowed" me to go to the meet last July to meet up with my "make believe friends" as my MIL call all of you... he had a great time!

If your wife doesn't want to go with you just let me know, I'll be happy to sacrifice my time to accompany you. :wave:

PS. NO beans. :lookaroun

AliciaLuvzDizne

tigsmom said:
Gary, NEVER let anyone make you feel bad about wanting to go to DisneyWorld! My inlaws think I'm insane ("there is more to Florida, you know" :rolleyes: ) and when I say I'm going on vacation everyone asks "where are you staying in WDW this time?" My DH puts up with my obsession as long as he gets to spend some time at the beach. He even "allowed" me to go to the meet last July to meet up with my "make believe friends" as my MIL call all of you... he had a great time!

If your wife doesn't want to go with you just let me know, I'll be happy to sacrifice my time to accompany you. :wave:

PS. NO beans. :lookaroun

:lol: make believe friends
i love that
I'll be happy to go with ya too!! Im sure we all would :D
anyways gary... i say GOOD FOR YOU!! my mom thinks im weird for the obsession too, but I Havent been in almost 2 years due to...well...people know why. And Im going in March!! Im also thinking of going again in the summer sometime! why not go as often as possible? If it makes us happy...we all need happy in our lives!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
tigsmom said:

There's an idea! She's already jealous of you - seriously, she often looks over my shoulder when I'm posting, and I remember her asking: "So who's this 'Tigsmom' anyway?" a couple weeks ago.

I'll just tell her: "If you don't want to got to Disney World with me, there are plenty of attractive young women (and men, so Gordon doesn't feel left out) who would love the opportunity.

MouseMadness

garyhoov said:
There's an idea! She's already jealous of you - seriously, she often looks over my shoulder when I'm posting, and I remember her asking: "So who's this 'Tigsmom' anyway?" a couple weeks ago.

I'll just tell her: "If you don't want to got to Disney World with me, there are plenty of attractive young women (and men, so Gordon doesn't feel left out) who would love the opportunity.

So... Tigsmom makes her jealous, yet she freely took a picture of your backside :lookaroun to send to me? Guess sending a picture of my husband's backside to somebody who picked a name that made them sound like a deranged rodent wouldn't be so intimidating. I see her point...

Anyway, that sounds GREAT!! :sohappy: We will be going in early December this year, perhaps we could cross paths at some point. :wave: I have also decided that I'm going regardless of whether or not my husband wants to continue going with us. I see nothing wrong with a seperate vacation now and then. :)

tigsmom

garyhoov said:

OMG! :eek:

Why in god's name would anyone be jealous of a short, round, middle aged soccer mom? :confused:

WDWFREAK53

garyhoov said:

(Do you know how many attractive young men you are discriminating against here?!?!?)

Gary...I'd LOVE to take pictures of your bare hiney...it's the only hiney I know of that is yellow and smiles back :) :lookaroun

EDIT: For the record...I do realize that this post will probably be bookmarked for future blackmail use.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
MouseMadness said:
We will be going in early December this year, perhaps we could cross paths at some point. :wave:

That would be fun! But I'm limited regarding when I can go. Linda's Birthday is the sixth, and as I've mentioned in other threads, going on her birthday is frowned upon (I think I compared it to shouting out Martha Stewart's name during ______)

tigsmom said:
OMG! :eek:

Why in god's name would anyone be jealous of a short, round, middle aged soccer mom? :confused:

You've got something she doesn't . . . a love for Disney.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
WDWFREAK53 said:
Gary...I'd LOVE to take pictures of your bare hiney...it's the only hiney I know of that is yellow and smiles back :) :lookaroun

EDIT: For the record...I do realize that this post will probably be bookmarked for future blackmail use.

I thought about posting that photo on the "Post pictures of you" thread, but I think that one should remain safely behind the doors of the PML.

MouseMadness

garyhoov said:
I thought about posting that photo on the "Post pictures of you" thread, but I think that one should remain safely behind the doors of the PML.

As Steve is inundated with requests to become premium members... :lookaroun :lol:

Foolish Mortal

Bravo !!!! Good for you !!! I know it's already been said and I agree, don't let other people's opinions discourage ya or bring ya down. Beside's, you always have your fellow Disney fanatics on here to lend moral support. And if no one else wants to go with ya, since ya live in South Joisy, just tell me what gate to meet ya at at PHL. Just don't get the wrong idea. :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
It's a go!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

I got home and said: "Okay, I've got this crazy, wacky idea, so hear me out. It's a little wild, so think about it before you say anything . . . I was thinking that maybe . . . in December . . . we could go to Disney World."

Linda laughed and shook her head, and then Ryan said: "You knw, it's crazy enough it might just work."

Linda is actually interested in going, but will have to see if she'll have any work conflicts.

Computer Magic

garyhoov said:
It's a go!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

I got home and said: "Okay, I've got this crazy, wacky idea, so hear me out. It's a little wild, so think about it before you say anything . . . I was thinking that maybe . . . in December . . . we could go to Disney World."

Linda laughed and shook her head, and then Ryan said: "You knw, it's crazy enough it might just work."

Linda is actually interested in going, but will have to see if she'll have any work conflicts.

I thought the conversation would have went like this
Gary: "Honey, I know you don't want to go back to Disney so thought I would go in Dec with some friends .
Linda " Oh yea that's intereating who"
Gary "oh, Freak, MadMadness and perhaps *Caugh *Tigmom caugh*, you know friends from of WDWMagic.
Linda " Like Hell your going without me.. I'll start packing :lol:

Boom you got your trip.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Computer Magic said:
I thought the conversation would have went like this
Gary: "Honey, I know you don't want to go back to Disney so thought I would go in Dec with some friends .
Gary "oh, Freak, MadMadness and perhaps *Caugh *Tigmom caugh*, you know friends from of WDWMagic.

Boom you got your trip.
:lol:
thats great!!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Computer Magic said:
I thought the conversation wo

Boom you got your trip.

:lol: :lol: Didn't even have to play the Tigsmom card.

DisneyJill

Gary, I've said it before, but....will you be my dad? I want to be a Hoov. Jillhoov. You people crack me up.

Isn't Linda jealous of all these cute,young chippies here on Magic? Not that I'm out to make wives jealous. But you'd think she'd wonder. Not about me. No. Please remind her, should she BECOME jealous of all of us cute, young chippies, that I am asking to be her daughter. And not in a weird way. I'm stopping now. Before I get myself in trouble. :lookaroun

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
DisneyJill said:
Isn't Linda jealous of all these cute,young chippies here on Magic? Not that I'm out to make wives jealous. But you'd think she'd wonder. Not about me. No. Please remind her, should she BECOME jealous of all of us cute, young chippies, that I am asking to be her daughter. And not in a weird way. I'm stopping now. Before I get myself in trouble. :lookaroun

I think her general attitude is, anything that keeps me from bugging her for a moment or two is a good thing.

I would expect that if I told her I was headed to an orgy of latex fetishists she would say: "Cool!! Does that mean I get to have the remote for the evening and turn the thermostat way up?"

As for the adoption, if you would be willing to clean the orange scunge from behind the toilet once or twice a year, I'm sure she'd not only adopt you, but give you Ryan's room and move him to the closet downstairs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom