I'm getting a TAT!!

Timmay

Original Poster
:sohappy:Yep...have an appointment this coming Monday to get my first tattoo!!!!

Here is a picture of what I am getting
Dove20Heart20blue20220stained20glas.jpg

I have reached an obvious turning point in my life in several different ways, and this has special meaning...every part of this has meaning for me and is important in my life.

So, I am pretty excited.

Timmay

Original Poster
OK...so where is this tat going and what is the symbolism to you?

I am getting it at a tattoo shop...:ROFLOL:

Seriously...on my upper arm near the shoulder.

The cross is my trust that God is looking out for me and my faith that when certain doors seem close in our lives, He can either open that very door for us or lead us to other doors with things we never thought possible behind them - the dove is what I strive to be...gentle, kind and humble - the heart is my belief in the power of love and that it is the greatest gift we can give and that it has the ability to make us all better people.

Sappy enough for ya??

Alexx

The cross is my trust that God is looking out for me and my faith that when certain doors seem close in our lives, He can either open that very door for us or lead us to other doors with things we never thought possible behind them - the dove is what I strive to be...gentle, kind and humble - the heart is my belief in the power of love and that it is the greatest gift we can give and that it has the ability to make us all better people.

Sappy enough for ya??

I'm sure thats a pretty damn good reason to get a tattoo:lol:

DormaNesbit

Sappy enough for ya??

Not sappy but beautiful. Faith in God is the only thing that gets me through life sometimes and that is a good reason for the tat and I can't believe I just said that to you because I really don't like them. Please post a picture of the tat once it has healed and I hope it is not too painful!:wave:

kstella

What a beautiful tattoo. I love mine. I waited until I was in my mid-thirties to get them, so they are well thought out. Gotta get one more, though, in honor of my brother.

Testtrack321

Very nice sir.

I have a strict, no tattoo policy with myself. I admire other's, and sometimes am jealous, but I can't see myself doing it. I change way too much, and even at 22, I still see myself changing way more.

Only one I ever *thought* about more than a second was my fraternity letters, small, on my ankle. Lot of brothers have gotten it and it looks nice and classy, but I kept my promise to myself.

I echo it, post a pic when it's all done/healed.

diddy_mouse

Echoing others, very nice indeed. And it seems like it was a well thought out decision, which to me is key in getting a tattoo. It took me a little over a year of thinking about what I wanted and where I wanted it. Then I finally had a dream where I saw it right on my back and that's when I knew it was time. :D

WDWFREAK53

Sappy enough for ya??

Aww, and I was hoping you said, "I found it in a book and it was better than the other ones."
Hehe, it's awesome. Can't wait to see it done.

Timmay

Original Poster
Well, here it is.

Needs just a little touch up on the stained glass which I will get done in a couple of weeks.

100_1756.jpg

100_1755.jpg

Couldn't get my arm straight in the pics, so it makes the heart look off, but it isn't. I am pretty happy!!

EPCOT Explorer

Well, here it is.

Needs just a little touch up on the stained glass which I will get done in a couple of weeks.

100_1756.jpg

100_1755.jpg

Couldn't get my arm straight in the pics, so it makes the heart look off, but it isn't. I am pretty happy!!

Very nice!:D Glad you are happy with it, it looks lovely.:D

Timmay

Original Poster
Everyone had me scared about the pain, but it wsn't too bad. It started to hurt when the artist had to do the fill in on the stained glass parts she had gone over already. Felt like a sunburn for a few hours and now it feels fine. No itching or anything yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom