Illumnations:Reflections of Earth ending?

JEANYLASER

Original Poster
I wanted to know is That in the end of the Illumnations:Reflections of Earth! The Earth Globe opened and see the a torch but how did the Earth Globe opened? I wanted to know so I won't get Confused!

Hrudey3032

I wanted to know is That in the end of the Illumnations:Reflections of Earth! The Earth Globe opened and see the a torch but how did the Earth Globe opened? I wanted to know so I won't get Confused!

Really???:brick:

You answered your own question.The globe just opens :shrug:

yensid67

JEANY:

The Earth Globe at the end of Illuminations: Reflection of Earth, opens up in wedges like wedges of a sliced orange or grapefruit. And then the Eternal Flame rises from the bed of the barge on hydrolics. (I think that is what you wanted to know) or did you mean the mechanincs of how it is done!? If thats the case, I would also assume that the 'slices' open up with hydrolics as well!
I hope this answers your question!?

Will
:wave: from PA (former Cast Member)

Rob562

Gravity. :)

With a little help from hydraulic pumps.

Yeah, I'd bet that when opening, the hydraulics are more used to regulate the speed of the petals "falling" open, rather than the pumps actively running to open them...

I've always wondered if they upgraded the hydraulic pump(s) when they introduced the Holiday finale. Before then, the petals always closed rather slowly after "Promise" ended. But they got rather speedy when they added the Peace on Earth finale and the petals needed to close again during the show.

-Rob

glee

I remember once in 2006 they said that they had a "special surprise" when we were eating in "london" and there was a massive fire thing and that was it...Stupid really. :ROFLOL: ...and it was about 15-20 minutes after illuminations!:):ROFLOL:

Alektronic

Yeah, I'd bet that when opening, the hydraulics are more used to regulate the speed of the petals "falling" open, rather than the pumps actively running to open them...

I've always wondered if they upgraded the hydraulic pump(s) when they introduced the Holiday finale. Before then, the petals always closed rather slowly after "Promise" ended. But they got rather speedy when they added the Peace on Earth finale and the petals needed to close again during the show.

-Rob

The hydraulic pumps open the petals, they are actually quite massive and heavy, about halfway open then gravity could give an assist but it doesn't really. The same pumps are also used for the turntable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom