Illuminations Tags?

Should Epcot have special Holiday shows instead of a small ROE Tag?

• Total voters

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
So lots of us love Illuminations:ROE, myself included. Heck, @wdwmagic started these very forums because of the show.

But... for these holidays, is it time to do away with the 3-4 minute tag and instead give the guests a true dedicated special show? New Years Eve, Fourth of July, these events could use something more special IMO than a simple tag at the end.

FWIW, The only tag that i truly loved was the original Peace on Earth Holiday Tag for Christmas time.

I know management would come back and say something along the lines of "Well, guest feedback says that...." as their justification for continuing their current course.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm going to give that a big yes. Would love to see more variety, and a dedicated show for holidays would be a great way to do that.

wdwfan22

It would be nice to see a Celebrate America show for the 4th of July and a holiday show for Holidays Around The World. However I don't think they need one for Flower & Garden or Drinking Around The World time.

danyoung56

I voted no. I ALWAYS want to see IllumiNations, one of my favorite mixed-media shows anywhere. And the tag at the end of that is the icing on the cake.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't know... A first timer visiting during December would miss the usual show. I know, you'll shout HMH and CBJ Christmas at me. But I'd be gutted if I went to DCA for the first time and saw WoC Celebrate.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I don't know... A first timer visiting during December would miss the usual show. I know, you'll shout HMH and CBJ Christmas at me. But I'd be gutted if I went to DCA for the first time and saw WoC Celebrate.

No, i'm not gonna shout about CBJ christmas overlay. Gonna simply pour one out for it.... that was a great show.

Tavernacle12

Illuminations is my favorite thing in all of WDW so I'm going to say no unless they find some way of utilizing all of the normal Illuminations moments (fire barges, lasers, cannons, WS lights, the globe) in the seasonal show. Like, I could see a Fourth Of July version that celebrates the birth of the country and manages to utilize most of the elements of the normal show, and that could be really fun. A holidays around the world themed one could be interesting too, but I have no idea how they'd include the flame barges or cannons in it (unless they pretended they were yule logs or menorahs or something).

My first time at Disneyland in almost ten years I wound up having HMH and WoC Celebrate. HMH was fine but not better than just a normal Haunted Mansion, and the fact it inflated the line made me wish the normal version was still up. I'm glad WDW never got the overlay. Celebrate was... well I liked the out of place Star Wars bit and when they finally got to the ride songs. Disneyland Forever was fantastic, though.

Last edited:

mouse_luv

As much as I would like to see a full on holiday show for say 4th or Xmas, I don't want one. Here is why, I get to visit once every two years, maybe once a year if lucky and if I am there during the proposed time of a holiday show, I'm going to be upset b/c I "need" to see my Illuminations lol. So I'm cool with just a holiday tag because I love those and it's icing on the cake as a PP said.

danyoung56

That's actually one of the problems I have with a holiday visit, like at Christmas. Sure, you're hearing great Christmas tunes. But you're NOT hearing all the normal cool atmospheric music that help to make Disney parks so cool.

Phonedave

If it is a one day show (or two like MK for the 3rd and 4th of July) then why not?

Unless you went to WDW for the first time for ONE day, and happened to want to see Illuminations on that ONE day that was a holiday, you could easily work around a special holiday show that was scheduled for one day.

Geeze its not like waiting to see Cinderellas Castle for the first time in your life and getting a months worth of a hot pink mess instead.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom