News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was actually just thinking of this earlier today if they are going to stay. I honestly don't care what the reason would be, I'm just hoping they do stay!

They were slated to go according to @marni1971 because their gas lines need replacement and so the decision had to be made whether to spend a lot of money and to have construction all around the lake in order to save them... and the torches lost. So, this is now a countervailing rumor saying they changed their minds and will invest in keeping them.

Spash007

They were slated to go according to @marni1971 because their gas lines need replacement and so the decision had to be made whether to spend a lot of money and to have construction all around the lake in order to save them... and the torches lost. So, this is now a countervailing rumor saying they changed their minds and will invest in keeping them.

I must’ve missed that earlier post. Man, now I’m doubting this rumor unless they found a different way to light them (which I’m assuming could be LEDs, which sounds worse than getting rid of them)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was thinking of hydrogen.

Small problem with a hydrogen flame...

MaximumEd

I’d like to know what the existing lines are made of. They would more than likely be either steel or plastic. If plastic, corrosion wouldn’t be an issue, although older aldyl-a type plastic is known to become brittle and fail. Modern polyethylene doesn’t have that problem. If steel, depending on size, it can be inserted with PE plastic, negating the need to dig in or bore in new lines. Being in the gas industry, I’m curious of the reason they would ditch the torches. Inserting old lines or using directional boring machines make line installation no big deal in most cases, but I’m not privy to their challenges around WS lagoon.

trainplane3

One is for use of the discretion of the pyro crew, the other three area managers. Usually VIP, friends, pixie dust and that sort of thing.

The views are amazing ;)

Is this showing off?

View attachment 386839
Agreed. The views were incredible. That little bump in distance into the lagoon makes a huge difference.
I can do that now too!:p I may have seriously considered a phanny pack (apparently the real word is censored?) and a sleeveless shirt at one point for the punchline...
V2vM1sX.jpg

Also, pyro crew boat:
TSGnCF8.jpg

Miscellaneous other pictures:
GGWbjan.jpg

KJVmjz4.jpg

oxxrNMG.jpg

elVjeSD.jpg

Last edited:

Gringrinngghost

Agreed. The views were incredible. That little bump in distance into the lagoon makes a huge difference.
I can do that now too!:p I may have seriously considered a phanny pack (apparently the real word is censored?) and a sleeveless shirt at one point for the punchline...
V2vM1sX.jpg

Also, pyro crew boat:
TSGnCF8.jpg

Miscellaneous other pictures:
GGWbjan.jpg

KJVmjz4.jpg

oxxrNMG.jpg

elVjeSD.jpg
RE the guy on the left in the pacman shirt...

jrhwdw

" carrying you away harmoniously on a stream of familiar Disney tunes reinterpreted by a diverse group of artists from around the globe "..

Bah. I have familiar Disney Tunes already in other places. I want the wonderful original score of Illumnations (or something new, but still original.)
It's better than "A Celebration of Disney Music"

Is IT Harmoninus Or HarmonioUS? I've seen both on Twitter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom