News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

surfsupdon

On my 4 night trip last week, I caught Illuminations 3x on nights 1, 2, and 4. Night 1 it started raining but I didn’t care. Night 2 was great, and night 4 was amazing with my friends. And that was the last time I will catch that show live, in person.

I was teary eyed but smiling for that last show. The memories as a kid 20years ago at age 14 and each trip thereafter. Watching with my parents, my grandparents who most are now dead, my friends, my seniors (class trips), it’s just been such a part of my Disney trips , of runDisney races, of Epcot dinners, of New Years Eves, that music and fireworks syncing up isn’t done as good as this anywhere!! Illuminations had a great run and I am happy I was able to see it 3 more times last week.

I did buy the flat porcelain-like ornament.

I will certainly miss this spectacular show, but am thankful for the memories.

JohnD

So agreed. Too bad they didn't commission their many artists to make a nice collection of paintings/prints for the show. I'd drop some solid money on that without a second thought. They did a passholder magazine cover and a poster they gave out for the RoE livestream a couple months back. Those are exactly what I want.
D3wMzlRWwAAprTT.jpg:orig
2019-summer-mickey-monitor.jpg
They know their target with RoE, they should aim at them instead of this cartoon crap. The cartoon stuff can be saved for the upcoming mistake on a lake (2)*.

*as coined by @marni1971

I'd buy a shirt with that logo on the pocket side on the front and the blue-yellow-red image on the back.

HoldenC

I bought the tumbler to add to my growing collection. The merchandise isn't the best design, I think it looks better in person, but it is what it is. I think we can all agree it is miles better than what they made for Wishes back in 2017....THAT mess was tacky.

NoChesterHester

I was glad I got to see it for the last time this week. When we go again in May who knows what the next show will bring. I don’t have much confidence after Fivers of Light.
I don’t have much confidence after Happily Ever After and this new cartoonified Rivers of Light.

But I’ve made peace with that.

I don’t mind Happily Ever After as visually it is a spectacle. But it has no story. None.

HoldenC

To each their own. To me it has as much if not more story than Wishes did (the villan segment of wishes was particularly contrived).

I love HEA. It's perfectly appropriate for it's park. I don't want it in Epcot.
Right. Wishes actually stopped what 3 or 4 times to tell you what was gonna happen; to me that isn't the hallmark of a good show. HEA doesn't suck enough to need that because the storyline is crisp and perfect. As much I despise an IP show coming to Epcot, HEA proves that they are capable of creating a stunning and inspiration show threaded together with IP, so I'm not worried tooo much ;)

jrhwdw

I believe they are parking it in the center and moving it just before show time due to the guardians show taking place. Just like they do during candlelight.
When I was there in I think 2013, the globe moved to its starting point 5-10 min before ROE. Does the time change daily on when the globe goes to America Gardens?

peter11435

When I was there in I think 2013, the globe moved to its starting point 5-10 min before ROE. Does the time change daily on when the globe goes to America Gardens?
It’s usually staged near America Gardens as soon as they bring it out in the afternoon. However when AG is being used for certain events they will place it in the center and move it just before show time.

jrhwdw

It’s usually staged near America Gardens as soon as they bring it out in the afternoon. However when AG is being used for certain events they will place it in the center and move it just before show time.
Well it was F&G so makes sense. However that was the first time I saw the move so close to ROE, It made me wonder a bit.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The park's blog appears to confirm today this is the last year for The Heartbeat of Freedom tag
65623597_10216292007846920_4955806623613321216_o.jpg

Or... they're saying it's the last time to see Illuminations+July4thTag together.

The DPB isn't known for their clarity. Or correctness. Or informativeness. Or timeliness.

Someone in marketing is being whipped to drum up attendance for a slow summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom