News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

cosmicgirl

So apparently the farewell merchandise is limited edition, in-park only so expect to see it listed on eBay for exaggerated prices. I can't stand or understand why Disney does this.
To get people to go to the park? I'm not saying I agree with it, but that would be a good reason.

I fully expect everything but the awful torch t-shirt to be sold out before RoE's final week. But from the looks of it the only thing I may be remotely interested in is the magicband and I'd have to get a closer look at it and see what its special effects are before I decide. I don't understand why they didn't use a black base band for fireworks. Same for the MSEP one you could print on demand: they didn't have black.

JohnD

So apparently the farewell merchandise is limited edition, in-park only so expect to see it listed on eBay for exaggerated prices. I can't stand or understand why Disney does this.

Wait. You're upset with Disney and not eBay? Seems to me that if you go to the trouble to attend one of the last Illuminations, special merchandise should first be available there. It's not like they haven't done this for the parties and each Epcot festival. Now, I don't like eBay resellers scooping up and reselling any more than you do. But my rationale is, if it's not available in the parks I'm not meant to have it and an eBay reseller isn't meant to get money for marked up merchandise either.

HoldenC

Wait. You're upset with Disney and not eBay? Seems to me that if you go to the trouble to attend one of the last Illuminations, special merchandise should first be available there. It's not like they haven't done this for the parties and each Epcot festival. Now, I don't like eBay resellers scooping up and reselling any more than you do. But my rationale is, if it's not available in the parks I'm not meant to have it and an eBay reseller isn't meant to get money for marked up merchandise either.
Right. This is like being mad they only sell soundtracks, usually, in park only. If you want it, go and get it. If not stop moaning because no one really cares.

jrhwdw

I guess ROE made an impression on MCO and prob all of Central FL:

SIGH!! My favorite Airport!!! I remember seeing the banners for 2000 and 100 Years Of Magic!! by the MCO Stores!!(ROE was still kind of new during 100 Years Of Magic)

Kind of amazing to think how much ROE touched so many since 1999!

dreday3

With the announced merch, billboards, and maps, it hit me and I've been thinking about this hard.

If ROE had been retired in 2009, I don't think it would have been as sad as it will be now, in 2019. After 10 years, we would have just accepted it as the natural progression. After 20 years, although many believe it overstayed its welcome, I believe it managed to transcend this and reach legendary status. A true, iconic staple and one of the last connections to the hope and optimism the entire world had at the dawn of the new millennium.

I think back to being an adolescent and seeing ROE when it was brand new, and recognizing that hope and optimism, and all the struggles and hardships I, and the entire world, have been through in that time. Yet, this show is still here, with it's uplifting hopeful message of world peace and unity.

In 2009 we also wouldn't have been so apprehensive about its replacement because they likely would have replaced it with something similar in quality. Today, we know it's being temporarily replaced by a eulogy for classic Epcot, and then it's open game for another soulless IP fest.

We now know that there will probably never be another beautiful, artistic, uplifting IP-less nighttime show like this, or at least, not until a big paradigm shift within TWDC.

So, in my opinion, this will be the hardest show to lose on several levels.

jesus christ. I'm crying.

SoupBone

Right. This is like being mad they only sell soundtracks, usually, in park only. If you want it, go and get it. If not stop moaning because no one really cares.

You cared enough to respond, so there's that theory shot to hell. And I'm not moaning. Disney in fact sells LE merchandise on the online store. I'm expressing my opinion that for one of their iconic attractions, it's odd that it's an in park only option. Plus, I posted this in an Illuminations thread on a Disney forum. Not sure how much more appropriate I could have been. It checks all the boxes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So when did they move the synchro lights from the top of Innoventions to the tops of TestTrack and Imagination? And, also, are they new or the same ones?
62599796_10216190331985087_7674099684473831424_o.jpg
Nice catch. Quite recently. The lights have been tweaked recently in preparation for the future shows.

Anders Limpar

More of the farewell merch was released today and I think it is all awful looking. Which is a shame bc the UOE and GMR farewell merch was all great.

trainplane3

More of the farewell merch was released today and I think it is all awful looking. Which is a shame bc the UOE and GMR farewell merch was all great.
The Figment pin and shirt are the only two things that stick out. Everything else is bleh. I like how they printed Mickey on a black shirt. I kind of get what they were going for but since they printed his whole body, it just looks like they didn't think about it beforehand.
img_1385.jpg

Photos for those curious: http://blogmickey.com/2019/06/farew...ions-of-earth-merchandise-available-at-epcot/

JohnD

trainplane3

I wish the merch was more evocative and less cartoony.
So agreed. Too bad they didn't commission their many artists to make a nice collection of paintings/prints for the show. I'd drop some solid money on that without a second thought. They did a passholder magazine cover and a poster they gave out for the RoE livestream a couple months back. Those are exactly what I want.
D3wMzlRWwAAprTT.jpg:orig
2019-summer-mickey-monitor.jpg
They know their target with RoE, they should aim at them instead of this cartoon crap. The cartoon stuff can be saved for the upcoming mistake on a lake (2)*.

*as coined by @marni1971

cosmicgirl

I saw a quick vlog earlier today and that guy said the band was $35, not $28 as mentioned in the BlogMickey post.

Pins at 1:51, the rest at 2:20 and beyond.

The only thing I like is the Mickey ornament but there's no way I'm paying $28 for it. I wouldn't even know what to do with it because it would clash with our Christmas decorations.
I only like half of the band. There's too much Mickey and Minnie and too little Illuminations. And I still think it should've been black but the aforementioned Mickey and Minnie are probably the reason it's not. I'm curious to see the special effect, if any, but I'm less tempted than I thought I would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom