News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So they haven’t had soft opening / test previews of firework shows to the public in the past?

That would require having the regular fireworks show and then resetting within an hour for the new, previewed show. Which is very very difficult to do. There was no preview for HEA, though, they did practice it after the park closed.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So I'm going to be the first annoying person to ask it ... but just because I'm bummed! What are the chances of soft opening shows for the fireworks? We leave back to the UK on the 28th. Forward planning means we may not be back before 2020 show and I'm an Epcot freak. :( Historically for other shows what's happened?
If you're staying in an Epcot-area resort, watch for flyers advising guests of "after-hours fireworks" or some-such activity in the Epcot area... chances are they'll be rehearsing while everyone else is "asleep." The new show has live CMs on jet skis cruising the lake in the dark so you can expect extensive rehearsals as the premiear performance approaches...

jrhwdw

A quick look at the Sept-Oct Calendar 36 hours after ROE's stream shows EF taking ROE's times. So, doesn't look like EF will be more than 1 time a night. Maybe the 2020 show will go up to 2 times a night? Or EF if it's insanely popular?

NO WAY EF is opening BEFORE 10/1!!! (Unless After Hours/Moonlight Magic surprise or Media Night after Park close)

And we all know ROE's last weekend though 10/1, WSL will be Full!

However I'll be shocked if we don't see EF testing after hours from Epcot Resorts.

trainplane3

A quick look at the Sept-Oct Calendar 36 hours after ROE's stream shows EF taking ROE's times. So, doesn't look like EF will be more than 1 time a night. Maybe the 2020 show will go up to 2 times a night? Or EF if it's insanely popular?

NO WAY EF is opening BEFORE 10/1!!! (Unless After Hours/Moonlight Magic surprise or Media Night after Park close)

And we all know ROE's last weekend though 10/1, WSL will be Full!

However I'll be shocked if we don't see EF testing after hours from Epcot Resorts.
It's been testing for a while. @marni1971 was asking sometime ago if anyone saw anything going on in WS aka he knew there was testing. If you get up at 3am and walk towards IG on certain nights, you may catch something.

Father Robinson

🙄 You know what I meant.
I know exactly what you meant. My opinion, so what that it's a brand new show? It's using nothing but elements of old shows and attractions. What's the difference? RoE is the longest running, most popular, award winning nighttime spectacular the park has ever produced. Why wouldn't they want to include something from it even if it was just a few bars of music perfectly segued in to a larger peice?

General Mayhem

I know exactly what you meant. My opinion, so what that it's a brand new show? It's using nothing but elements of old shows and attractions. What's the difference? RoE is the longest running, most popular, award winning nighttime spectacular the park has ever produced. Why wouldn't they want to include something from it even if it was just a few bars of music perfectly segued in to a larger peice?
It's not supposed to be everything from "the old night time shows" it's the history of the park, as in the actual attractions. We had RoE for 20 years it's time to let it go.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Josh C

Call me crazy, but let's see it's 2019.. EPCOT opened in '82... that makes 37 years. RoE's been playing since 1999, which makes it 20. Last time I checked, 20 is over half of 37, so I'd think RoE would count as being in most of the history of the park.

So, since it's been there for so long and has been the kiss goodnight for EPCOT that many from recent years may remember, I don't see them not throwing a nod in there. 🤷‍♂️

General Mayhem

Call me crazy, but let's see it's 2019.. EPCOT opened in '82... that makes 37 years. RoE's been playing since 1999, which makes it 20. Last time I checked, 20 is over half of 37, so I'd think RoE would count as being in most of the history of the park.

So, since it's been there for so long and has been the kiss goodnight for EPCOT that many from recent years may remember, I don't see them not throwing a nod in there. 🤷‍♂️
2 second nod then move on, we don't need a whole section for a show that left yesterday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom