News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin, two questions:

1) Do you have a more recent video of ROE than 2015? Has it changed much since then?

2) Will you be doing an Ultimate Tribute for ROE?

:)
I’ll have a little something coming out the weekend after RoE finishes ;)

There’s nothing much changed since 2015. The syncrolites programming during Promise may have been embellished since then and the lasers had additional programming but I think that’s about it.

jrhwdw

I’ll have a little something coming out the weekend after RoE finishes ;)

There’s nothing much changed since 2015. The syncrolites programming during Promise may have been embellished since then and the lasers had additional programming but I think that’s about it.
Are you going to Epcot for the changeover?

Rteetz

I found myself cringing when Mark was talking. He was not prepared at all to host the show.

Did anyone else notice the voice over announcer in the beginning said "new details just when torches dim on Illuminations for the final time." Does that mean that torches will not be surviving all the changes? I know it was mentioned that they are in very poor shape. But was hoping that they would at least fix them.
Yes it’s been said the torches are going away.

DicksonGR

So I'm going to be the first annoying person to ask it ... but just because I'm bummed! What are the chances of soft opening shows for the fireworks? We leave back to the UK on the 28th. Forward planning means we may not be back before 2020 show and I'm an Epcot freak. :( Historically for other shows what's happened?

peter11435

So I'm going to be the first annoying person to ask it ... but just because I'm bummed! What are the chances of soft opening shows for the fireworks? We leave back to the UK on the 28th. Forward planning means we may not be back before 2020 show and I'm an Epcot freak. :( Historically for other shows what's happened?
Pretty much no chance

TOCPE82

I found myself cringing when Mark was talking. He was not prepared at all to host the show.

Did anyone else notice the voice over announcer in the beginning said "new details just when torches dim on Illuminations for the final time." Does that mean that torches will not be surviving all the changes? I know it was mentioned that they are in very poor shape. But was hoping that they would at least fix them.
I mean, he did call it IN-luminations at least once... :)

donsullivan

Premium Member

Do not expect any sort of change in that schedule. The final night of IllumiNations will be a very big night in the park for folks who want to say 'goodbye' so that date will not move around. I fully expect there will be lots of add-on events such as desert parties and the like the night of the last performance.

Last edited:

TTA94

Sounds like there might be somewhat of a new soundtrack for Forever. Maybe.

From the video it sounds like they will be using some of the same features from RoE like the fountains?

Last edited:

VJ

From the video it sounds like they will be using some of the same features from RoE like the fountains?
If by "new soundtrack" you mean re-arrangements of classic Epcot tunes, then yes. I just hope that the synthy soundtrack heard in the stream preview is just the demo..

trainplane3

Define new?
Confirmed so far (some seem to be in the style of Lazerphonic Fantasy aka heavy synths):
Living with the Land
One Little Spark
Magic Journeys
Tomorrows Child
Plaza entrance theme (Epcot Legacy?)
Celebrate the future hand in hand

Not confirmed but implied:
Kitchen Karbaret
Soarin'

Last edited:

TTA94

Define new?
Confirmed so far (some seem to be in the style of Lazerphonic Fantasy aka heavy synths):
Living with the Land
One Little Spark
Magic Journeys
Tomorrows Child
Plaza entrance theme (Epcot Legacy?)
Celebrate the future hand in hand

Not confirmed but implied:
Kitchen Karbaret
Soarin'

Curious if there will be narration with some kind of story of the history of Epcot.

DicksonGR

Do not expect any sort of change in that schedule. The final night of IllumiNations will be a very big night in the park for folks who want to say 'goodbye' so that date will not move around. I fully expect there will be lots of add-on events such as desert parties and the like the night of the last performance.
So they haven’t had soft opening / test previews of firework shows to the public in the past?

donsullivan

Premium Member
So they haven’t had soft opening / test previews of firework shows to the public in the past?

So we aren't playing word games. Do not expect any public performances of the new show before the date they published earlier this week. If you will be visiting before that date, you should expect to experience the same RoE show we've all been enjoying for many years. If you expect otherwise, you will be choosing to set yourself up for disappointment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom