News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

*Q*

I don’t disagree with you at all but that show and some of the other Disney themed halftime shows are generally accepted as being the worst halftime shows for the Superbowl.
That wouldn't surprise me. It's more like an Olympics ceremony. Seems a little high-brow for the average football fan.

MaximumEd

Underground gas lines for the past 25-30 years have been polyethylene plastic. Unless the portion you’re referring to is above ground or in the torch base.

That’s not always the case, plus these are almost 40 years old and, in that case, most likely coated steel. Still, as I’ve said previously, inserting a steel casing with plastic, or using a boring rig and shooting in a new plastic service to each torch isn’t a difficult thing to do. If they aren’t keeping the torches, it’s because they don’t want to, not because they can’t.

HMF

That’s not always the case, plus these are almost 40 years old and, in that case, most likely coated steel. Still, as I’ve said previously, inserting a steel casing with plastic, or using a boring rig and shooting in a new plastic service to each torch isn’t a difficult thing to do. If they aren’t keeping the torches, it’s because they don’t want to, not because they can’t.
Uh, The torches were added in 1999.

TTA94

Yep. Every single person who bemoaned ROL, myself included, is to blame for the downfall of ROE. Its what we get for being ungrateful that WDW created a non-IP show and calling it an uninspired snooze-fest. When it really isn't. A perfect show? No. But it is a gem. Now because it flopped, we'll never get an original nighttime show again.

They should be trying to fix/remake RoL instead of messing with RoE. If RoL had the WoC infrastructure I think it would have been way more popular, not to mention easier to update and change the show. They probably wanted to do something different but different isn’t always better, than something that has been proven successful elsewhere.

Hopefully after the Illuminations 2020 replacement the next project will be RoL. Well, or F!... not sure which is in more diar need of attention.

TTA94

I guess that I might be in the minority, but I have seen Illuminations so many times that I am really looking forward to something new.

Likewise. Many do not like change and rather keep 19 or so year old show around with outdated tech :rolleyes:. But I know the real gripe about this new show is the IP. Realistically it is what it is and Disney is going to debut this IP show regardless if fans like it or not. I doubt it will be a full blown IP fest like F! or WoC. Overall visually it should impress and that should be the main focus.

HMF

Likewise. Many do not like change and rather keep 19 or so year old show around with outdated tech :rolleyes:. But I know the real gripe about this new show is the IP. Realistically it is what it is and Disney is going to debut this IP show regardless if fans like it or not. I doubt it will be a full blown IP fest like F! or WoC. Overall visually it should impress and that should be the main focus.
I am all for tech upgrades to the current show. This is because a show that means a lot to me and judging by this site quite a lot of people about the Earth and the achievement of humankind is being replaced with a commercial and the whole park is losing it's identity with it. Never mind the fact that it is happening at a time when the earth and humankind are in great danger and need optimistic messages about the future like RoE.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom