News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Wait.... what??!? Dear Disney, just because you play the songs from your animated film in different languages doesn't mean you have a show that properly embraces multiculturalism and the "one world" mentality that Epcot was/is supposed to embrace...

(On a side note... seriously... who thought the song "Go the Distance" would have so much sticking power in Disney night time shows?!? It's a great song, great message, don't get me wrong... I just get a little bummed that that song is the ONLY part of that movie that has a presence in the parks anymore)

Kamikaze

Wait.... what??!? Dear Disney, just because you play the songs from your animated film in different languages doesn't mean you have a show that properly embraces multiculturalism and the "one world" mentality that Epcot was/is supposed to embrace...

(On a side note... seriously... who thought the song "Go the Distance" would have so much sticking power in Disney night time shows?!? It's a great song, great message, don't get me wrong... I just get a little bummed that that song is the ONLY part of that movie that has a presence in the parks anymore)

1) You've seen a 1 minute clip of 'moments' from whatever they're working on. Far too early to make any sort of judgement like the one you're making

2) Go The Distance is also the only memorable part of the movie (to the public - don't bother replying pointing out how you can recite the whole thing), so it makes sense.

mikejs78

Premium Member
We do not need to see the entire show to know the story will be less than stellar compared to IllumiNations. It really is a shame they are wasting what looks to be a technologically stunning show on such a mediocre concept. I'm not sure why people like you keep trying in vain to defend Happily Ever Epcot. Ah well, that's the beauty of opinions...everyone has one sadly.
My inclination is not to like this - but one of the insiders (either @Magic Feather or @MansionButler84, I can't remember) stated that it will not simply be Happily Ever Epcot and will have a true global theme - so I'm willing to wait and see the show. It likely won't measure up to RoE in story and theme, but if it can be 75% of the story of RoE and be a major leap forward in tech, that will be a win in my book.

VJ

The word France comes in too early. Originally it was not recorded and no one realised until it was too late. They had to dub it over.

I know far too much useless info.
Kinda like how the "Magical Moments Parade" intro narration is out of sync with the underscore compared to the previous Remember the Magic Parade ("the little lion cub who grows up to be king" not lining up with the Just Can't Wait to be King instrumental, etc)? That's something that's always stuck out to me.

Kamikaze

We do not need to see the entire show to know the story will be less than stellar compared to IllumiNations. It really is a shame they are wasting what looks to be a technologically stunning show on such a mediocre concept. I'm not sure why people like you keep trying in vain to defend Happily Ever Epcot. Ah well, that's the beauty of opinions...everyone has one sadly.

Yes, you should need to see the entire show before you judge it. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise. I'm also of the opinion that you shouldn't judge something until you see it in person as well, but thats just me.

Would you make a post saying how bad the Falcon ride looks based on the ~15 seconds of footage we've seen?

TTA94

Funnily enough, they play a lot of remixed Cirque du Soleil songs. Some of the ones that can be heard are found on the "Delerium" disc of this 2 cd set!

Thanks, I think there was a new song or two this year, one sounding something like bollywood type with non english words of Oh Na Na? lol could be way on that. It was a rather long song.

Last edited:

iMax

Does anyone happen to have a current track list of songs used for the bgm for World Showcase on NYE?

While we're on the subject of music, per chance does anyone know what version of Auld Lang Syne they use during the NYE countdown of Illuminations?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom