News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

I find it funny that if there were a 'fireworks show' running for 20 years anywhere else in the World everyone would complain because it had run for so long. Yet, when at Disney, everyone is losing their minds and would prefer for it to run for another 20 years. Changes is good folks, without it Disney would become stagnate.

widlan

It was my favorite show... it had amazing story telling and was spectacular. But after 20 years, I understand they need to bring something new. I hope that it will be on par with RoE. I love "real" effects (fireworks, fire, etc.). I'm not sure that a drone show will be as spectacular, but let's see. And I hope they'll not forget to have a amazing story to tell us, not just do a drone show with characters.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I find it funny that if there were a 'fireworks show' running for 20 years anywhere else in the World everyone would complain because it had run for so long. Yet, when at Disney, everyone is losing their minds and would prefer for it to run for another 20 years. Changes is good folks, without it Disney would become stagnate.

Because most other fireworks shows suck...

...like rivers of light.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Some change is good, some is bad, I will judge this change when I see the replacement.

Atomicmickey

No disagreement with what you wrote except to point out that IP makes sense in the Magic Kingdom, not necessarily so much in Epcot.

Imagine if they used that new technology to give us something unique-ly Epcot.

I agree, I don't like IP, but I remember when EPCOT Center had NO characters at all. So, that ship sailed
long ago. Though I agree with you, I know that it is what it is, so I will make the best of it.

Atomicmickey

Special for us as well as we were married at epcot, had a dessert party specifically for illuminations . "Promise" was our wedding song as well.. so we feel your pain as we see everything of our wedding aside from our ceremony disappear next year, we knew it wouldnt last forever though I guess

Hey, at least we're still married, lol! :cool:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I rather would've heard that Disney was planning on taking down Fantasmic! for an extensive refurbishment next year. That nighttime spectacular really needs the updating more imo and given new tech/stuff.

Only saw RoE a couple times, but it was still a wonderful show to watch from wherever in world showcase, but my memories serves that Japan as my favorite.

Fantastismic is soooo tired and frankly a really juvenile show...

I don’t begrudge fans of the magic kingdom shows...I get the ambience appeal.

But fantismic is really a one and done quality if that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom