News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

FigmentJedi

They really knocked it out of the park with Happily Ever After. Hopefully whatever replaces Illuminations will be just as spectacular...
HEA is probably the best execution of the modern "IP stock footage projection mapping nighttime spectacular" template we've been seeing with all the Castle Park shows, World of Color, and the Star Wars show at Studios, but it's still a template and they just blur together after time. If the homogenization of Disney parks has a face, I think that's definitely one of them.

chrisbarry

They really knocked it out of the park with Happily Ever After. Hopefully whatever replaces Illuminations will be just as spectacular...

Don't want to start a whole thing in this thread...but on a whole I prefer Wishes. I think the projection and fireworks in Happily Ever After are amazing and I love the inclusion of "forgotten classics" like the Hunchback and Hercules, but Wishes struck an emotional chord with us every time and it stayed with us throughout the entire show. A lot of regulars in my crowd feel that Happily Ever After has peaks and valleys but the same people always felt that Wishes "had them at hello" and it never let go until the finale. Just some different opinions.

In regards to Illuminations...only time will tell, but I'm eager to see what they come up with. I hope it still packs the wallop that Reflections of Earth has been hitting me with for years now. I never tire of it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
*** is taking so long I thought this was due by YE 18
A few months ago it was bumped a year.
But you're always right. Maybe say something really off the wall to feel better. IDK.
But anyways rip illuminations. Hopefully the new show will be good and use IPs tastefully to represent countries or something.

See...everyone is right eventually if there is no timetables.

That’s why the PCQ on that Brazil pavilion that was “confirmed” is still holding at 99.5%

As far as Epcot fireworks go...dig deep into the archives and this was rumored as far back as 2008 if I recall...maybe longer...

But the good news is...that toilet is finally free so someone else can use it 🤪

PorterRedkey

HEA is a great show! Does it have the soul of Wishes? No. It is still an impressive display that leaves few wanting more. I personally think it is the greatest "show me the best Disney IP" show there is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't want to start a whole thing in this thread...but on a whole I prefer Wishes. I think the projection and fireworks in Happily Ever After are amazing and I love the inclusion of "forgotten classics" like the Hunchback and Hercules, but Wishes struck an emotional chord with us every time and it stayed with us throughout the entire show. A lot of regulars in my crowd feel that Happily Ever After has peaks and valleys but the same people always felt that Wishes "had them at hello" and it never let go until the finale. Just some different opinions.

In regards to Illuminations...only time will tell, but I'm eager to see what they come up with. I hope it still packs the wallop that Reflections of Earth has been hitting me with for years now. I never tire of it.

The old illuminations 2000 was tremendously better than either of the recent magic kingdom shows...if we’re honest.

But there’s no need to rehash it...it’s over. We won’t see a show like that again.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Any word on what "Summer 2019" means? I'd assume earlier (June-ish) to try and help Runaway Railway as much as possible bridge the attendance valley before Galaxy's Edge opens, but was wondering if anyone had any deeper knowledge...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
HEA is a great show! Does it have the soul of Wishes? No. It is still an impressive display that leaves few wanting more. I personally think it is the greatest "show me the best Disney IP" show there is.

And there’s the deal...reminds some of a preview reel in front of the old Disney vhs tapes.

Originality will always be more memorable...don’t think we’ll get much of that...it costs more.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
See...everyone is right eventually if there is no timetables.

That’s why the PCQ on that Brazil pavilion that was “confirmed” is still holding at 99.5%

As far as Epcot fireworks go...dig deep into the archives and this was rumored as far back as 2008 if I recall...maybe longer...

But the good news is...that toilet is finally free so someone else can use it 🤪
Brazil hasn’t been confirmed yet. Or did I miss it?

KrazyKat

We just booked our next trip to WDW in February and I just called my wife and told her to make sure we do at least two days at Epcot so we can see this one more time!
Very sad but excited to see what they come up with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom