• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced in 2019

Spash007

Spending the money to fix the torches I can see them doing... to use in the evening shows.

Doing so for the sake of the marathon? Not so much. You don't spend what may be hundreds of thousands of dollar to fix supplemental lighting for an event that happens three times a year.
I was actually just thinking of this earlier today if they are going to stay. I honestly don't care what the reason would be, I'm just hoping they do stay!

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Advertisement
I was actually just thinking of this earlier today if they are going to stay. I honestly don't care what the reason would be, I'm just hoping they do stay!
They were slated to go according to @marni1971 because their gas lines need replacement and so the decision had to be made whether to spend a lot of money and to have construction all around the lake in order to save them... and the torches lost. So, this is now a countervailing rumor saying they changed their minds and will invest in keeping them.

Spash007

They were slated to go according to @marni1971 because their gas lines need replacement and so the decision had to be made whether to spend a lot of money and to have construction all around the lake in order to save them... and the torches lost. So, this is now a countervailing rumor saying they changed their minds and will invest in keeping them.
I must’ve missed that earlier post. Man, now I’m doubting this rumor unless they found a different way to light them (which I’m assuming could be LEDs, which sounds worse than getting rid of them)

MaximumEd

I’d like to know what the existing lines are made of. They would more than likely be either steel or plastic. If plastic, corrosion wouldn’t be an issue, although older aldyl-a type plastic is known to become brittle and fail. Modern polyethylene doesn’t have that problem. If steel, depending on size, it can be inserted with PE plastic, negating the need to dig in or bore in new lines. Being in the gas industry, I’m curious of the reason they would ditch the torches. Inserting old lines or using directional boring machines make line installation no big deal in most cases, but I’m not privy to their challenges around WS lagoon.

Top Bottom