News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Question to those who know, why do a handful of guests get to stand on the World Showcase Transportation Dock for Illuminations?
One is for use of the discretion of the pyro crew, the other three area managers. Usually VIP, friends, pixie dust and that sort of thing.

The views are amazing ;)

Is this showing off?

CE10749F-D61A-4047-9189-F872C10A62BA.jpeg

The Empress Lilly

So much better to see you first rank than that assortment of mobster and spoiled brats at the Frozen tables.

Speaking of docks, what exactly is it that they do, in that boat speeding off from the Mexico dock throughout the show all the time?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So much better to see you first rank than that assortment of mobster and spoiled brats at the Frozen tables.

Speaking of docks, what exactly is it that they do, in that boat speeding off from the Mexico dock throughout the show all the time?
The boats are on standby in case they need to rush out to fix an issue during a safe window. Sometimes they won’t clear in time and that’s another reason for missing pyro (it’s inhibited until the boat is clear)

TeriofTerror

Just went ahead and booked a quick trip to go down Sunday the 29th to be there for the final show on the 30th, see the new show on the 1st and go back home Wednesday the 2nd.
I'll be there then, too!
Just a heads-up: there are strong rumors discounts for this fall could be released soon. It may be worth your while to keep your eyes peeled and possibly rebook. 😊

Father Robinson

Not sure if this was mentioned before. Got this from a reliable source. I'm in WDW now and was told last night in EPCOT that the torches will be staying for the 2020 show. According to my source (who by the way, heard the music selections from EPCOT Forever and told me a few things about them, also is watching them rehearse the show at 2am this morning or tomorrow morning), they will be redesigned but still functioning the same way. He said one reason they aren't getting rid of them is because they also use them for the marathons. My source was not a bus driver, food service, general cast member.. but take it however you want to, that's what I was told.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not sure if this was mentioned before. Got this from a reliable source. I'm in WDW now and was told last night in EPCOT that the torches will be staying for the 2020 show. According to my source (who by the way, heard the music selections from EPCOT Forever and told me a few things about them, also is watching them rehearse the show at 2am this morning or tomorrow morning), they will be redesigned but still functioning the same way. He said one reason they aren't getting rid of them is because they also use them for the marathons. My source was not a bus driver, food service, general cast member.. but take it however you want to, that's what I was told.

Spending the money to fix the torches I can see them doing... to use in the evening shows.

Doing so for the sake of the marathon? Not so much. You don't spend what may be hundreds of thousands of dollar to fix supplemental lighting for an event that happens three times a year.

trainplane3

Who is going to camp out around the Boardwalk area with me ;)👀
No joke, I was seriously considering going out around that time when I get down there on the 22nd. I'll be at the BW and even then, I'm up til 3am on vacation anyways. Who's up for a pizza party?

Spash007

Spending the money to fix the torches I can see them doing... to use in the evening shows.

Doing so for the sake of the marathon? Not so much. You don't spend what may be hundreds of thousands of dollar to fix supplemental lighting for an event that happens three times a year.

I was actually just thinking of this earlier today if they are going to stay. I honestly don't care what the reason would be, I'm just hoping they do stay!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom