News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Marc Davis Fan

Anyone see the show last night? Apparently it was rather.... lacking.

I was there. No inferno barges operating, no rocket things that shoot from the sides of the lagoon...

Could it be that they didn’t fully set up those show elements because it was raining much of the day? Or is that irrelevant?

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

@marni1971 Should we expect the condition of the show to continue to decline for the remainder of the run?

I’ve been wondering the same (especially after last night).

Wishes seemed to be cleaned up for the final stretch. I’m hoping they’ll do the same here (minus infrastructure issues like the torch pipes).

Incidentally, I also saw RoE two nights prior to last night, and everything seemed to be working perfectly.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hot take.

Those little girls crushed and I'd take them over a CM sing-a-long any day. Sometimes hitting all the right notes isn't as important as enjoying the moment.

(Full Disclosure: I'm the father of a soon to be two year old girl and she lights up my world. This may or may not color my opinion of the clip.)

The new Illuminations will not be a sing along.

Missing20K

The new Illuminations will not be a sing along.
giphy.gif

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 Should we expect the condition of the show to continue to decline for the remainder of the run?
I’d hope this was a perfect storm of problems and not a long term issue.

A few years ago I saw a show in poor weather that was a shell of what it should have been. Missing pyro. Earth globe had to reset twice. No petals. Pavilion lighting failed. The next time it was fine.

Edit; having watched it all it seems weather and wind played a factor, and communications issues with the Bernie barges during the tag.

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

I’d hope this was a perfect storm of problems and not a long term issue.

A few years ago I saw a show in poor weather that was a shell of what it should have been. Missing pyro. Earth globe had to reset twice. No petals. Pavilion lighting failed. The next time it was fine.

Edit; having watched it all it seems weather and wind played a factor, and communications issues with the Bernie barges during the tag.

Over the course of its 19 year run, I wonder how many shows could be considered perfect performances where all elements worked as intended? The countless times I've seen RoE, I'd usually notice at least one minor glitch - only 3 of 4 shells fired, a fountain barge didn't work, the Earth Globe had an issue, a torch/syncrolite/laser unit was AWOL, lagoon wall launches weren't used, etc. Certainly nothing major, but a something nonetheless.

There's so many elements and so many external factors that can affect the show. It's really a testament to the RoE show engineers they can largely pull it off each night.

GlacierGlacier

The majority of Central Florida (myself included) was under a tornado warning for most of that day. I'd say that's a reasonable excuse for not having it at 100%

WDW Monorail

A moments silence for how Peace on Earth used to be

I never liked Cronkite as a guy so I am very glad he is out of the show. The lighting cues during the current natrative are ver, very nice. Also the current version of the show has significantly more salutes during the finale.
The old version was fine but the new version is a very nice rework.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I never liked Cronkite as a guy so I am very glad he is out of the show. The lighting cues during the current natrative are ver, very nice. Also the current version of the show has significantly more salutes during the finale.
The old version was fine but the new version is a very nice rework.
The new version is cheaper. That’s why we have it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom