• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced in 2019

brb1006

Great point. I didn't even factor in Dreamfinder. They created a popular Original Epcot IP that is basically being left to rot (or in Dreamfinder's case, dead), yet the they have gold and just can't see it. The story line fit perfectly as well.
I currently own two Hardcover versions that contain all the stories. When you see the illustrations and the two story arcs. It's just asking to become an animated movie. It's also an origin story for how Dreamfinder came to be.

While Disney had a pretty bad history with turning other attractions into movies (Except for The Pirates of The Caribbean). The Figment comics by Kim Zub is the only Disney attraction that I think would be the perfect opportunity to bring Dreamfinder and Figment back to the limelight to not only WDW fans. But giving Journey Into Imagination more exposure to the general public. Even Tony Baxter approved of the Figment comics.

I seriously recommend buying a hardcover version of these two since it contains concept art of the original attraction and other stuff.

brb1006

Advertisement
Yeah, the disconnect from the fans is baffling.

"Wait. You mean people remember and love this old character? What was his name again, Dreambuilder or something? Huh. Anyway, as I was saying Chet, the new Wreck-It Ralph Web-a-Round is a surefire bet. We're taking a Tilt-a-Whirl, pasting some stickers on it and putting a Ralph statue in front of it for theming. The best part is that we were able to buy up an old Big Boy statue from in front of a restaurant that is closing and the boys in the shop tell me that if they change the paint scheme a little, nobody will notice. How are you going to spend your bonus?"
It's even sadder when you try to explain how important Dreamfinder and Figment were to Classic Epcot to Disneyland fans.

brb1006

To 11-year-old me in 1983, Dreamfinder and Figment instantly became superstars. That attraction was amazing in every way.
I'm tearing up just seeing this videos of Dreamfinder and Figment interacting with guests. Today Dreamfinder would just be in his own dedicated meet and greet area.

The old Figment meet and greet area in the mid 2000's was terrible because of how Figment looked.

geekza

I'm tearing up just seeing this videos of Dreamfinder and Figment interacting with guests. Today Dreamfinder would just be in his own dedicated meet and greet area.

The old Figment meet and greet area in the mid 2000's was terrible because of how Figment looked.
A friend of mine worked with Ron Schneider (the original Dreamfinder "live" character) at the Laugh Floor. Ron was in the original cast along with my buddy. When I found that out, I totally geeked out.

tirian

Yeah, the disconnect from the fans is baffling.

"Wait. You mean people remember and love this old character? What was his name again, Dreambuilder or something? Huh. Anyway, as I was saying Chet, the new Wreck-It Ralph Web-a-Round is a surefire bet. We're taking a Tilt-a-Whirl, pasting some stickers on it and putting a Ralph statue in front of it for theming. The best part is that we were able to buy up an old Big Boy statue from in front of a restaurant that is closing and the boys in the shop tell me that if they change the paint scheme a little, nobody will notice. How are you going to spend your bonus?"
And the worst part is, many in the Internet community would defend that scenario. “It makes my kids happy. Who are you to judge?”

Good thing Walt and the original Imagineers were willing to make harsh judgment calls; otherwise, Disney theme parks would look like local amusement parks.

SoupBone

He's probably referring to Inca Dance by Cusco. No, it's not the same melody as Gershon Kingsley's Popcorn (later made famous by Hot Butter). Inca Dance was part of the original 1999 pre-show loop. It was not included in the 2004 update. A couple/few years ago they started randomly choosing among the two pre-show loops each night, which is why you may or may not hear the track during any given visit.

Inca Dance (Cusco):

Popcorn (Hot Butter):

Not gonna lie. As much as Illuminations is probably my favorite original Disney show, I laughed my butt off at his reference. I love the pre-show music but can appreciate that others don't. There have been times when I didn't hear it at all which I thought was odd.

I'm still gonna miss this show, and really wish they'd consider IP like Figment if they just have to have IP added. I really can't stand the thought of Olaf and his Yellow Snowball Stand in EPCOT and taking up prime residence in a beloved show.

It's even sadder when you try to explain how important Dreamfinder and Figment were to Classic Epcot to Disneyland fans.
You’d actually be surprised at how interested the Disneyland fans are in Dreamfinder, Figment, and Journey Into Imagination, me being one of them. 😉 I can speak from my own personal experience of going often.
Infact, in recent times I’ve seen a much larger surge in people wearing Figment-themed attire. *A lot* of people love the characters and original ride.. even the few that have never seen the original ride, still love Figment as a character. Interestingly enough, most of these folks I’ve spoken to actually live in California.
That, and *plenty* of DL cast members recognize and enjoy Dreamfinder & Figment too. I’ve only had overwhelmingly positive reactions and conversations with guests and cast members about them. The large majority of them want the original spirit of that ride brought back. So yeah.... definitely something to think about/consider. 😊

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
And the worst part is, many in the Internet community would defend that scenario. “It makes my kids happy. Who are you to judge?”

Good thing Walt and the original Imagineers were willing to make harsh judgment calls; otherwise, Disney theme parks would look like local amusement parks.
I can think of one or two members here who would be first in line with comments like that.

"We like Wreck it Ralph, so this is good for us. lol. All these complainers, lol. One time I ate a large pizza at the Seaside Heights Boardwalk and it was more expensive then a personal pie at DizzY Werld, so the prices are fine. lol. Don't like it, stop going. lol"

Top Bottom