IllumiNations Preshow Update

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Just a quick update - As of last night (Nov. 3) the preshow music was the new loop:
  1. Jalan Kopo - Sabah Habas Mustapha
  2. Our Life - Uttara-Kuru
  3. Busindre Reel - Hevia
  4. Gaviotes - Hevia
  5. Tula - Cusco
  6. Falling through a Cloud - Uttara-Kuru
They didn't get the last ones in due to time.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
The changes in the summer to the pavilion lighting schemes.

Good call. I also wonder if they had anything to do with what we were talking about a while ago, making it so that tracks that were originally buried in the mix, IE elephant roars during "Order" could be heard.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Good call. I also wonder if they had anything to do with what we were talking about a while ago, making it so that tracks that were originally buried in the mix, IE elephant roars during "Order" could be heard.
I believe that's the outcome of an overhaul of the audio system, i.e. they've always been playing but not always heard.

Edit, indeed just to check I played an induction that's at least 5 years old and the fx in question are quite clear. The water(fall) is very clear too.

ABQ

So am I the only one that hears the various voiceovers in their head when they listen to these songs outside of EPCOT? Not sure the exact wording but "Ladies and gentlemen, in just 15 minutes, EPCOT is proud to present Illuminations:Reflections of Earth, presented by Sylvania. Or Sylvania, a Seimens Company, or simply Seimens..."

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So am I the only one that hears the various voiceovers in their head when they listen to these songs outside of EPCOT? Not sure the exact wording but "Ladies and gentlemen, in just 15 minutes, EPCOT is proud to present Illuminations:Reflections of Earth, presented by Sylvania. Or Sylvania, a Seimens Company, or simply Seimens..."

No - as long as you just hear the EPCOT voices you are Ok, If the voices tell you do to do things (other than BUY DISNEY STUFF - thats part of the operant conditioning performed at Disney) see your physician immediately

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thats my fav part the pavilion lights. I just wish Norway could be added in someday.
Sadly the pavilion lighting may revert to the original scheme. Hopefully my friends read this and realise I meant it when I said I'm not the only one who likes the new initial illumination and chasing scheme.

ABQ

No - as long as you just hear the EPCOT voices you are Ok, If the voices tell you do to do things (other than BUY DISNEY STUFF - thats part of the operant conditioning performed at Disney) see your physician immediately
I do hear voices in my head urging me to buy light bulbs. Thankfully, such technology is out of date and impossible to upgrade, something about the Lights of Winter comes to mind.

hpyhnt 1000

Sadly the pavilion lighting may revert to the original scheme. Hopefully my friends read this and realise I meant it when I said I'm not the only one who likes the new initial illumination and chasing scheme.

Nooo! Keep the changes! The new chase sequence during Celebration is a vast improvement over the old, barely noticeable shimmer effect. They've already tweaked it from a few weeks ago; keep it as it currently is!

cjkeating

Could you please explain what the changes are? I tried to find a video when the change was first referenced but was unable to do so.

janoimagine

The new sequence looks so much better and is much more dynamic. I really hope they dont 86' this ... they have already cut most of the colored pyro ... the show needs more color, not less.

stlphil

Just a quick update - As of last night (Nov. 3) the preshow music was the new loop:
  2. Our Life - Uttara-Kuru
  3. Busindre Reel - Hevia
  4. Gaviotes - Hevia
  5. Tula - Cusco
  6. Falling through a Cloud - Uttara-Kuru
They didn't get the last ones in due to time.
Can you or anyone else here comment on this order for the two Uttara-Kuru songs? Roughly half the online references I've found for this playlist reverse these two.

Thanks for any insights.

hpyhnt 1000

Can you or anyone else here comment on this order for the two Uttara-Kuru songs? Roughly half the online references I've found for this playlist reverse these two.

Thanks for any insights.

Yes, they are reversed. So the correct order for the 2004 playlist is:
  2. Falling Through a Cloud - Uttara-Kuru
  3. Busindre Reel - Hevia
  4. Gaviotes - Hevia
  5. Tula - Cusco
  6. Our Life - Uttara-Kuru

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom