Illuminations - Peace on Earth start

cindy_k

Original Poster
Does anyone know when they will start playing Peace on Earth at the end of Illuminations?

I am staying at WDW the week of Thanksgiving with some relatives from out of state, and it would be cool if they could see that show.

Thanks!
Cindy

disneystumbler9

Peace on earth

If you need your fix of Peace on Earth today - search Youtube there are many versions starting with Vince Gill, Gladys Knight, Marie Osmand, US Military Concert Orchestra just to name a few.

hpyhnt 1000

All coming in HD to a PC near you ;)

All right! :sohappy: And Martin, just a small request: do you think you might be able to throw in a few of the FoN performances as well (especially Carol of the Bells)? The fountain is especially beautiful during the holidays and it would be great to have some videos of it in HD. :eek:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I really hope so. Is it the Trans Siberian version? That`s the same one as the Lights of Winter, right? I love that version.

Can you tell yet I`m a holidays virgin?

As in I`ve never been during the holidays...

hpyhnt 1000

I really hope so. Is it the Trans Siberian version? That`s the same one as the Lights of Winter, right? I love that version.

The Lights of Winter/FoN version is actually by David Foster. If you want to have a listen to it, here's a YouTube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvHAkxm0Su4&feature=related

The Trans Siberian version plays over at DHS for the Osbourne lights. And WDW is really even more magical during the holidays, from the lights and snow on MSUSA to the storytellers in WS to the decorations at the resorts. I actually can't believe in all your trips you haven't been for the holidays yet! You're in for a great time though; WDW doesn't get much better than the holidays. Have fun and enjoy! :wave:

Rob562

FYI, the Lights of Winter and the Fountain run their shows simultaneously, so they're both synchronized to the music and each other.

In the last few years they also started piping the music around all of World Showcase post Illuminations instead of the usual Christmas music loop. Before, it was odd walking along after the show because all of a sudden you moved from one music loop to another, and it was a jarring, cacophanous transition as you reached the point where some speakers were playing one loop, and other the other one.
Now, it's all a seamless piece of music as you walk along, and reach the tree and the LoW arches and they're dancing to the music you've been listening to all along.

Oh, and as you're a holidays newbie, the Lights of Winter music has a specific start and end point. It's not a continuous loop, so it has a minute or two break of quiet in between each "show". The lights return to just a glow and the fountain goes to its default sprayers. Makes it easy to tape the whole show.

-Rob

Figment82

Will the Lights of Winter actually be returning this year? I've heard rumors that indicate otherwise (citing the "green standard" of the lightbulbs) and I'm hoping otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom