Illuminations - My hair on fire!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I cannot remember if I posted this.. I meant to post it, though! Because I wanted to see reactions. But I don't remember reactions, so I guess I didn't post it.

When I went to Epcot back in November, my girlfriend and I were watching Illuminations in the FP+ area right behind the wheelchairs on as far right as you could get (next to the rope right in front of the shop, right behind all the wheelchairs). Well, throughout the fireworks show, the ashes were falling all over the place from the sky. They were getting in peoples eyes when they were looking up, and some were still barely lit as they came down.

Wellp. APPARENTLY my HAIR caught on FIRE somewhere towards the end of the show? I didn't notice until this guy on the other side of the rope started yelling "Hey! HEY MAN!!" and he just came over and started slapping my head with his hat! I was initially confused, then the guy behind him said "Yea I wanted to say something but I was like 'uhhhhh..'" and the guy that patted my head said "Your hair literally caught on fire bro." Afterwards I did smell the burnt hair from my head. (I had very long hair)

SO!! Like... Has this happened to ANYone else? I've literally never experienced this before, seen it before, or even HEARD of this happening on WDW property before! Those black ashes from the fireworks were literally EVERYwhere after Illuminations too... I sent an email to Disney and they called me back about it, but I honestly think the only reason they called back was because I checked the box that requested to be called about it. All she said was "We will definitely be looking into that! Thank you!"

...I guess you could say my hair got....... Illuminated ;D

AndyS2992

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I believe that ‘Hair on fire’ is 3 fastpasses (excluding 7DMT & FOP) and unlimited Mickey bars for 1 day. If the hair burn is visiably noticeable a hat can also be included in the compensation.

🤓
I didn't get anything when I reported it... But I also didn't ask for anything. Nor did I really need/want anything, so no harm done. (Except for fire hair)

KBLovedDisney

Eep! But the good news is, you woulda made a helluva Hades.
giphy.gif

powderehss

OH MY GOD!!

Something like that actually happened to me and my folks just last week during the fireworks show at First Night (Boston's annual New Years' celebration) on the Boston Common... :jawdrop:

I guess whom ever set up the pyrotechnics rig must've not calculated the angle right, cause literal pieces of fireworks tubes and wrappers were raining down on the entire crowd and the park itself! I was covered in gunpowder and reeked of sulfur right afterwards, lol...

Some even got in my mouth too as I was cheering on the show... Yeck! :depressed:

Thank god it started raining as the show went on! If it was a regular night... DUDE. I was afraid the trees were gonna catch fire from the leftover fireworks tinkling down! Probably would've left some serious burns on people too :eek:

The pre-fireworks parade was also timed really weird too!
Like, it was divided in half for some reason! When we thought it was over, we decided to move back to the main part of the Common, only for me to hear the minutemen reenactors marching down the street playing their fifes and drums... what the heck! :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom