Illuminations lasers on video

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Anyone know what shutter setting will stop the lasers from appearing like they're moving (strobe effect)? Not interested in making the show look artsy if that would be the effect if say the shutter has to be slowed way down..just was wondering if it was possible to make them appear stagnant in the video. Every video I've seen of them appears that they are strobe lasers. Any help would be appreciated.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anyone know what shutter setting will stop the lasers from appearing like they're moving (strobe effect)? Not interested in making the show look artsy if that would be the effect if say the shutter has to be slowed way down..just was wondering if it was possible to make them appear stagnant in the video. Every video I've seen of them appears that they are strobe lasers. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm not sure if it's shutter or Hz that's the issue. It seems the solid state units have a clash with both 50 and 60 hz. It's not frames per second I know. You could always slow it waaayyyy down shutter wise and see what happens; though then you'll be into the realm of smearing.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
I'm not sure if it's shutter or Hz that's the issue. It seems the solid state units have a clash with both 50 and 60 hz. It's not frames per second I know. You could always slow it waaayyyy down shutter wise and see what happens; though then you'll be into the realm of smearing.

Right, definitely don't want the smearing look. Ok, I'll try changing the hz, see what happens. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom