Illuminations free to the public?

tunka

Original Poster
My family is leaving for WDW May 20th. We get more excited with each day! We want to go to one of the water parks on a tuesday and then finish the night at Epcot with Illuminations. I've heard that Epcot is open to the public free of charge for Illuminations. Does anyone know about that? This would allow us to see it without using one of our admission days to the main 4 parks and give us more time at Epcot on the day we visit it. Also, does anyone know how crowded the "World" wll be the week of May 20th and 27th? thanks to all!

jaylenofan86

Nope, it's not open to the public without admission. You can see it from hotels close to EPCOT. (I see the firework all the way from the Grand Flordian!) May 20th thur 27th is one of the least crowded times in the year. Also, what type of admission do you have?

tunka

Original Poster
I think we're going for the 6 day park hopper plus. We've seen discounted prices from various websites and I've also heard that vendors along hwy 192 sell unused portions of park hopper passes. Would we benefit from buying from other websites or the vendors along 192?

What are the crowds like May 27th thru june 3? Thanks again.

Maria

I wouldn´t go with the vendors on 192... maybe only for like an entrance to P.I. if they give it to you cheaper than the actual fee. I´m not sure if I would trust them with a parkhopper. I know tickets are expensive, but they never expire! look at it that way... :animwink: Also, you can check online for better deals. If you live in Florida, there are rates for residents which are cheaper than the regular ones (sorry, I didn´t read where you are from), but you will have to show and ID to get them. Some people have mentioned some deals at the Disney Stores at their own places, so maybe you should take a look too... :animwink:

In any case, Good Luck and have a great trip!

Ah..yeah... as far as I know, Epcot is not open for free just to see Illuminations, so be careful, because if they take your ticket, it will count as an entrance! You can watch the fireworks from the bridge that connects the park to the Boardwalk area.... ;)

tunka

Original Poster
Thank you Maria! You sound like you know what you're talking about. We're making our first trip to disneyworld and it would be nice to bring someone along with your knowledge. I'll just have to get as much info as i can out of everyone before we leave. Thanks again!

Rider

Yeah, if you spent the day at another park, you could go to Epcot after and still be on one day.

As for the ticket vendors... I wouldn't. Sometimes they sell passes that have been 100% used. And if you buy one then what are you going to do?

Tickets are good forever as well.

DisJosh

Originally posted by tunka
I think we're going for the 6 day park hopper plus. We've seen discounted prices from various websites and I've also heard that vendors along hwy 192 sell unused portions of park hopper passes. Would we benefit from buying from other websites or the vendors along 192?

What are the crowds like May 27th thru june 3? Thanks again.

With the park hoppers you can come and go to the parks as you please. So no need to worry...you can't use up a day. :)

TURKEY

STAY AWAY FROM VENDORS.

Most seem like a good deal, but most are a rip off. There is no way of knowing how many days are left on a ticket that you buy until you try and send it thru a scanner at the park. Even that is day by day (it doesn't tell how many days are left when you enter).

Two of my roommates from my CP bought cheap IOA tickets at a vendor. Their tickets were for Military and didn't have any days left on them. They didn't get to go.

If you get a bad ticket, then you are out that money plus the money you spend buying good tickets.

Illuminations isn't free. You can see the fireworks from some of the resorts and the Boardwalk, but you can't see the globe, the fire barge, and some of the other aspects can't be enjoyed (the music).

The day you go to AK, you can go to Epcot that night for Illuminations. AK will probally be closed by 6 at the latest. That gives you time to go and rest and get to Epcot by 8-8:30 for Illuminations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom