IllumiNations Cruise...Huh?

MiddKid

Original Poster
So in late May I'm taking 10 people down to WDW for 10 nights and we're staying at the Beach Club Villas. In order to celebrate my in-laws anniversary, thought it would be fun to book an Illuminations Cruise.

Called tonight and he CM told me there was availability...GREAT! As I was checking the dates against our ADRs, he said "just so you know, this is just a cruise. There is no music played on the boat and no guarantee you'll be able to see the fireworks." WHAT?!?!?!

I get the music part...I assumed you could hear the audio from the park (is that true?). But no guarantee I could see the the fireworks? Seriously?

Any direct experiences out there? Is that just a disclaimer they have to say? Or are there people out there who have done it but can't actually see IllumiNations??? Thanks.

Rob562

Did the CM book you on an Illuminations cruise? Or a Wishes cruise?

Perhaps they were quoting the Wishes cruise phone script, because not all of the boats for the Wishes cruise have on-board music.
But with Illuminations the boats park under the bridge by the International Gateway, so you hear the music as every other Guest in the park does.

-Rob

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is a disclaimer. Your view for the fireworks will be incredible. I have been on the cruise three times and the only time we did not get to see the full show was when the show was cut short due to high winds.

Rob562

It is a disclaimer. Your view for the fireworks will be incredible. I have been on the cruise three times and the only time we did not get to see the full show was when the show was cut short due to high winds.

The disclaimer could also mean that in an instance where the wind is blowing the pyro smoke directly at you, the boats cannot relocate mid-show like you can do if you're on-foot in the park...

-Rob

MiddKid

Original Poster

Could you hear the audio from the speakers in the park?

Cosmic Commando

We did the cruise last May and it was great. You'll be able to hear everything just fine and your view will be great. I could even hear Illuminations from Pop(!), so you'll be fine on the cruise! It just sounds like a standard disclaimer that if the show is cancelled or cut short for any reason, you'll still get a cruise without fireworks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Could you hear the audio from the speakers in the park?
Oh yes. Your boat is tied up right next to one. IMHO the cruise is one of the best ways to watch Illuminations. No lining up an hour before hand, no defending your spot from that family that thinks pushing you out of the way 5 minutes before show time is perfectly acceptable, just sitting on a padded seat with you friends and family in peace.

LuLaSue

Oh yes. Your boat is tied up right next to one. IMHO the cruise is one of the best ways to watch Illuminations. No lining up an hour before hand, no defending your spot from that family that thinks pushing you out of the way 5 minutes before show time is perfectly acceptable, just sitting on a padded seat with you friends and family in peace.

Thanks for this Master Yoda! We are booked for August and my family had many concerns. I was reassuring that it would be fantastic but, I had no real grounds. This, coming from you, I know they will be happy!

shipley731

We did the Illuminations cruise for my birthday last July & were thrilled. It was a great view of the fireworks! Have fun.

Sharkreef11

Where do you book an Illuminations cruise? What does that typically run?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Where do you book an Illuminations cruise? What does that typically run?
You book them by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. The cost starts at $346.13. The starting price includes the cruise for up to 10 people sodas and water and bagged snacks (chips, pretzels). You can add additional dining items and decorations for an additional fee.

Sharkreef11

You book them by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. The cost starts at $346.13. The starting price includes the cruise for up to 10 people sodas and water and bagged snacks (chips, pretzels). You can add additional dining items and decorations for an additional fee.

Thanks for the info Master Yoda. That's quite a bit of cash!

MiddKid

Original Poster
Thanks all. Just booked the cruise. Had a MUCH friendlier agent this morning and instead of warning "no guarantee" she basically said the view will be great. I even asked what would happen if IllumiNations was cancelled due to weather and she said while it is not "technically" a fireworks cruise, they know that is the purpose and will offer a refund. I feel much better!

Should be fun! I've seen IllumiNations countless times but never from a boat!

plutofan15

Have a cruise booked for May 11th - just the DW & I to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Pricey to be sure but a 10th anniversary only happens once. Looking forward to our first trip alone together in more than 5 years. :sohappy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks all. Just booked the cruise. Had a MUCH friendlier agent this morning and instead of warning "no guarantee" she basically said the view will be great. I even asked what would happen if IllumiNations was cancelled due to weather and she said while it is not "technically" a fireworks cruise, they know that is the purpose and will offer a refund. I feel much better!

Should be fun! I've seen IllumiNations countless times but never from a boat!

You can be pretty confident the show won't be cancelled due to weather. It is practically unheard of with IllumiNations. As long as they can physically get the barges out to the lagoon during the day, the show will go. Now whether you want to be in a boat in severe weather is another issue LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom