Illuminations 9.27 show

MatthewWho13

Original Poster
Watched the show last night, the earth barge didn’t spin, it didn’t open in the finale. It just kinda sadly sat there like a earth shaped tv. Was this just a last night thing or has this been happening?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It definitely did not open when I was there end of July/beginning of August this year... don't remember if it spun or not at that point...

rob0519

It has been an ongoing problem since April. The opening and revelation of the 21st torch is the highlight of the show and Disney hasn't corrected the issue is beyond me.

The two most likely reasons are of course 1). Money. It may cost so much that Disney is willing to put up with customer complaints and let this wither on the vine like the Yeti. 2). Availability of parts. The barge has lots of moving parts that are quite old and may not be available any more. This would push them into custom made parts which takes us back to reason #1.

Father Robinson

The non-spinning aspect is nothing new, there have been many instances throughout the years of the globe remaining stagnant. I myself have witnessed it first hand a few times, just a glitch, nothing to be concerned about.

The not-opening/torch reveal/pyro shooting aspect has been an issue since this Spring. My guess is the hardware is broken and/or parts needed for it are unavailable, and the current way of doing the show is just a cheap solution for now.

tmthomas52

Watched the show last night, the earth barge didn’t spin, it didn’t open in the finale. It just kinda sadly sat there like a earth shaped tv. Was this just a last night thing or has this been happening?
September 15th it opened and spun but it didn’t launch pyro. It really hurts the show in my opinion. It didn’t feel near as grand. For someone who loves this show, I think a new, bigger globe would be tremendous and breathe life into the show. However, it sounds like we are gonna get Illuminations Reflections of IP anyway so we are gonna have to used to B Mode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom