ILLs w/Onsite & Offsite Guests in One Party?

TheTourist

Original Poster
I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but I can't find it in the FAQ or elsewhere.

I know all guests can book Genie+ reservations at 7AM, but can a couple staying onsite book Individual Lighting Lane for an entire party of six at 7AM if the other four in the party are staying offsite?

Or does the park opening booking limitation for offsite guests mean the couple can only book ILLs for themselves, and the 4 offsite guests will have to book their LLs at park opening?

Thanks!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but I can't find it in the FAQ or elsewhere.

I know all guests can book Genie+ reservations at 7AM, but can a couple staying onsite book Individual Lighting Lane for an entire party of six at 7AM if the other four in the party are staying offsite?

Or does the park opening booking limitation for offsite guests mean the couple can only book ILLs for themselves, and the 4 offsite guests will have to book their LLs at park opening?

Thanks!

They have thought about that. Onsite guests get the booking advantage, offsite do not.

TheTourist

Original Poster
They have thought about that. Onsite guests get the booking advantage, offsite do not.
Appreciate the response, but I was hoping for a more specific answer. I know onsite guests get the booking advantage, and offsite do not. Are you confirming that "the couple can only book ILLs for themselves, and the 4 offsite guests will have to book their LLs at park opening" per above?

Thanks!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Appreciate the response, but I was hoping for a more specific answer. I know onsite guests get the booking advantage, and offsite do not. Are you confirming that "the couple can only book ILLs for themselves, and the 4 offsite guests will have to book their LLs at park opening" per above?

Thanks!

That is correct.

What Are the Rules?

• Make sure you have valid admission and a theme park reservation to the same park, on the same day.
  • Purchase this type of Lightning Lane entry for up to 2 different experiences a day, one at a time. Please note: each experience’s Lightning Lane entrance is available once per day, per Guest—but traditional standby queues are also available for most attractions.
  • All attractions and experiences are subject to availability.
  • Guests of a Disney Resort Hotel and other select hotels: make your first selection at 7:00 AM on the day of your park visit (includes Guests of Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Shades of Green Resort®). All other Guests can make their first selection when the park opens.

To be very specific, even if you are linked on MDE to the people who are staying offsite, they won’t be eligible for ILL at 7:00. These protocols require each person to be linked to the on site hotel reservation.

Apparently, in the past, people would make reservations that didn’t include everyone who might be staying in the hotel room (Adding extra people adds to room cost or, in some cases, exceeded occupancy of the room). While this might have occasionally caused problems or get found out, it wasn’t enough of a problem to stop the under booking. Once ILL came along, guests quickly found out they needed everyone booked in the room if they wanted to book ILLs for the whole group.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom