Il Mulino/Shula's feedback

ilovelabs2021

Original Poster
I am trying to decide on a restaurant at the Swolphin for our July trip as we are staying at Beach Club and will be close by. We would like to have one "fancier" dinner. I am thinking Il Mulino. Shula's looks very good, but the prices are high, which is understandable since it is a steakhouse. Anyone have an input on Il Mulino? Would you choose it over Trattoria Al Forno at the Boardwalk? What about Shula's? Worth the money? We are a family of four with two kids ages 11 and 13 who are semi-adventurous eaters.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Il Mulino is excellent fine-dining Italian. Trattoria is also good, but, feels a bit too crowded for me with tables on top of one another.

Unless you think certain cuts of steak are magnitudes better than others, it is not worth it to go to Shula's, which has a price tag that is magnitudes higher that other restaurants.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Trattoria is fine. The other 2 are excellent. I think it comes down to is everybody in your group a steak lover. Not go to the supermarket and slap something on the grill but do you seek out steaks from a butcher.
Just a note? Shula's is in no way "just for steak". We go often - and they have the BEST Lobster on site :). Really, they have stunning Steak, Seafood, Pork.... even Lamb :).

But above all else? Get the Molten Lava Cake :).

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just a note? Shula's is in no way "just for steak". We go often - and they have the BEST Lobster on site :). Really, they have stunning Steak, Seafood, Pork.... even Lamb :).

But above all else? Get the Molten Lava Cake :).
Yes but you really should be a meat connoisseur to eat there. Have no clue about the cake allergic

littleroo

Il Mulino is fantastic! Delicious food, reasonably priced and great staff! I enjoy the Trat, too. Plus it is much better place to eat with children. If you want a fancy feel go to Il Mulino!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom