IJA Plans 75% Complete?

Hobnail Boot

Original Poster
This just in!

Screamscape said:
2008/2009?? - Indiana Jones Adventure - Rumor - (4/4/05) The latest rumor from one of our sources claims that discussions to build a new version of the Indiana Jones Adventure ride from Disneyland on the site of the Stunt Show are about 75% complete at this point. If they can agree on a price and a timeline it may be approved.

Anybody w/ some inside info able to yay or nay this? Seems kind of quick... although this may be part of the "What's New, What's Next" press event on May 5th.

General Grizz

marni1971 said:
This is certainly one rumour that just won`t quit... I had though about May 5th myself.
I heard this rumor about two years ago from a pretty good source, so I am pretty certain that it's being considered. Now, I'm pretty glad it's close to the greenlight. :)

(So long as it is an improved - not a dumbed down - version!)

AndyP

General Grizz said:

Fingers crossed!

I know the ride system is similar to Dinosaur, and many people say 2 similar rides at one resort is not a good idea, but it is, so build it!! (If we can have 3 Dumbo rides in one park, we can have IJA!!)

General Grizz

AndyP said:
Fingers crossed!

I know the ride system is similar to Dinosaur, and many people say 2 similar rides at one resort is not a good idea, but it is, so build it!! (If we can have 3 Dumbo rides in one park, we can have IJA!!)
Well, how does that account for dark rides? :p

I would say, create the ride with totally new special effects. The original ride was created ten years ago - they can surely come up with something better today. Plus, that would give guests an incentive to visit DL/WDW to see a different version.

We'll see!

LudwigVonDrake

I read (probably on Screamscape) that there is enough room for the show building but not enough for the elaborate queue that they have in Disneyland. So the queue is probably going to be "dumbed" down to fit it all in. Never have ridden the original in DL, is this a *really* bad thing?

KevinPage

LudwigVonDrake said:
I read (probably on Screamscape) that there is enough room for the show building but not enough for the elaborate queue that they have in Disneyland. So the queue is probably going to be "dumbed" down to fit it all in. Never have ridden the original in DL, is this a *really* bad thing?

At this point, the original IJA & Dueling Dragons elaborate queues are a thing of the past. It's not cost effective enough with the invention of Fast Pass to spend that kind of money, when so many people will not get the full effect of it.

Heck, when I went on IJA for the first time in 2002, I NEVER used the regular line, it was either Fast Pass or SAP.

As long as you get a decent queue along the lines of Kali River and what EE is supposed to get (same vein as Kali).

I'd rather they spend the $$$ on the ride itself to make something new & improved. :D :D

Shaman

General Grizz said:

And that its not an exact clone....it should be better like you say...not worse...or the same....

chucknstuff

AndyP said:
Fingers crossed!

Don't forget Body Wars and Star Tours

Goofy23

Well, now I have hope. If General Grizz says that it's happening, then I believe it. The queue is a great thing at DL. I've been on it once, and it is the greatest ride ever made, IMHO. :D I can't wait for a WDW version, since we go there at least once a year, and I've been to DL once in the past 10 years.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Goofy23 said:
Well, now I have hope. If General Grizz says that it's happening, then I believe it.

I think you need to re-read what was written above. Nothing is said to be happening. At the moment it is speculation, and very long standing speculation too! :)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
AndyP said:
Fingers crossed!

Similar? Its the exact same ride!

Slipknot

General Grizz said:
I would say, create the ride with totally new special effects. The original ride was created ten years ago - they can surely come up with something better today. Plus, that would give guests an incentive to visit DL/WDW to see a different version.

We'll see!

I've been wanting to go to DL really bad for a while now. One of the main reasons is because of IJA. Heck, even catching the DCA version of ToT would be incentive for me to travel to DL/DCA. Now if only I had the money for airfare, hotel, and tickets... :(

Jusjuice

On the Indy ride at Tokyo DisneySea, the ride building is right towers over the entrance. There must not have been much room, similar to MGM. You enter the queue and go through one large room, where much of the queue is, then pass through a few smaller DL-style chambers. The overall effect I think worked well, although it wasn't quite as interactive. They could probably do something similar to this at MGM. Just because you don't have to go 1/2 a mile outside the berm doesn't mean you can't have a decent queue.

-SIR-

WOW! I always thought that this would just remain a rumor... I hope we will get the Crystal Skull version.. that would rock!... This is great because MGM needs another E-Ticket in a part of the park other than where they all are now to balance things out. I always thought IJA would be perfect for MGM... now if we can just get a water ride in there somewhere.

brich

Similar? Its the exact same ride!
I wouldn't say that unless you also claim that Pirates and Small World are the same and Snow White and Pooh are the same ride. Dino and Indy are probably made by the same company and feature the same technologies, i.e. cars. But to say they are the same is a little off. I love Indy but think Dino is just ok. As for eliminating the queue that DL has, kind of a bummer but I don't go on rides for the queue. And I'm sure WDW can create some sort of cool queue in a tight space. I really hope IJA comes this way... :sohappy:

KevinPage

Goofy23 said:
Well, now I have hope. If General Grizz says that it's happening, then I believe it. The queue is a great thing at DL. I've been on it once, and it is the greatest ride ever made, IMHO. :D I can't wait for a WDW version, since we go there at least once a year, and I've been to DL once in the past 10 years.

Yeah and remember The Land was going to be ruined with the addition of Soarin'. That prediction was completely and totally accurate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Touche Grizzy boy :D :D :D

KevinPage

Slade said:
I've been wanting to go to DL really bad for a while now. One of the main reasons is because of IJA. Heck, even catching the DCA version of ToT would be incentive for me to travel to DL/DCA. Now if only I had the money for airfare, hotel, and tickets... :(

I myself never understood the rabid fascination with this ride. Granted, I rode Dinosaur first (and think its far better), but when I went on Indy Jones, while good, the effects were dated, and not too immersive, you were just driving around. I never got the sensation that there was a point to the whole thing, besides seeing the Indy AA and then the ball rolling at you to end the ride (2 best things on the whole ride).

The whole crossing over the bridge thing with fire is made out to be such a big thing, I was surprised that it did absolutely nothing for me.

I did go in with very high expectations and would defintely like to see this ride at MGM, but I do think it's very overated as I don't see this as the "be all end all" of Disney rides.

:D

stitchcastle

KevinPage said:
I myself never understood the rabid fascination with this ride. Granted, I rode Dinosaur first (and think its far better), but when I went on Indy Jones, while good, the effects were dated, and not too immersive, you were just driving around. I never got the sensation that there was a point to the whole thing, besides seeing the Indy AA and then the ball rolling at you to end the ride (2 best things on the whole ride).

The whole crossing over the bridge thing with fire is made out to be such a big thing, I was surprised that it did absolutely nothing for me.

I did go in with very high expectations and would defintely like to see this ride at MGM, but I do think it's very overated as I don't see this as the "be all end all" of Disney rides.

:D

Having IJA as the "be all end all" disney ride is so 20th century, that status now belongs to Mission:Space, Beastly Kingdom, and the entire DisneySea theme park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom