Iger Succession Thread or Who Will Replace Beautiful Bob

PeterAlt

Who are they? I'm almost completely ignorant of the entertainment world.
Kathleen Kennedy has been Steven Spielberg's producer on almost every movie he made. Recently, Lucas hired her as President of LucasFilm. She now works for Disney as President of LucasFilm. She has made all the major decisions so far on Star Wars 7, including hiring JJ Abrams as director.

the.dreamfinder

Who are they? I'm almost completely ignorant of the entertainment world.
Alan Horn ran Warner Brothers and before that Castle Rock Entertainment. Kathleen Kennedy is Steven Spielburg's long time producing partner ("E.T", "Raiders of the Lost Ark", "Jurassic Park", "Back to the Future", "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", "Lincoln", etc.)
EDIT: Kennedy/Horn is the closest we'll get to Eisner/Wells.

PeterAlt

Alan Horn ran Warner Brothers and before that Castle Rock Entertainment. Kathleen Kennedy is Steven Spielburg's long time producing partner ("E.T", "Raiders of the Lost Ark", "Jurassic Park", "Back to the Future", "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", "Lincoln", etc.)
I'm not familiar with Alan Horn.

What about Steve Burke? If they can steel him back to Disney with the ultimate promotion?

PeterAlt

Doubt it, he recently signed a contract extension with Comcast.
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/au...-ct-comcast-nbcuniversal-steve-burke-20130816

If there was one former Disney exec I would steal, it would be Matt Ouimet.
Two for two. Another name I'm not familiar with...

Now, that we're free to talk about Eisner 2.0, let's explore this. What if the BOD invites him back on to explore the issue of Iger's successor, like how George Bush invited Cheney on his campaign team to explore running mate potentials....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Original Poster
As I first said there, isn't Eisner too old?

Don't know he might be a good interim CEO/COB while they find the right guy to lead for the next decade, He certainly is a creative at heart and does love the parks,

Disney might be better run like Mitsubishi is a very small 'Mitsubishi Inc' which holds all the stock of the subsidiaries an entertainment keritsu if you will.

Instead of having one massive unmanageable corporation having several smaller ones each optimized to their market with a CEO/COB for each company, That way Disney could have the best people for each division running that division only.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Original Poster
Two for two. Another name I'm not familiar with...

Now, that we're free to talk about Eisner 2.0, let's explore this. What if the BOD invites him back on to explore the issue of Iger's successor, like how George Bush invited Cheney on his campaign team to explore running mate potentials....

That would probably be a VERY good idea, TWDC needs new blood badly

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Original Poster
Ten years ago on this board, the traditionalists berated Eisner incessantly. Nowadays, it seems like the same group of folks want him back. Interesting.

As a former Eisner basher - He went off the rails when he lost Frank Wells, Trying to torpedo the Pixar relationship was the last straw - something about Jobs/Lasseter being 'Long Haired Hippies' as I recall. Lots of bad decisions causing TWDC stock to tank.

That being said perhaps a decade in the wilderness has brought a degree of humility and rationality to Eisner because there is no question under his guidance nearly ALL of Disney's most recognizable current IP was created from the Lion King through Cars.

Iger has brought us ESPN and 'Planes' and probably next up Boats.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As a former Eisner basher - He went off the rails when he lost Frank Wells, Trying to torpedo the Pixar relationship was the last straw - something about Jobs/Lasseter being 'Long Haired Hippies' as I recall. Lots of bad decisions causing TWDC stock to tank.

That being said perhaps a decade in the wilderness has brought a degree of humility and rationality to Eisner because there is no question under his guidance nearly ALL of Disney's most recognizable current IP was created from the Lion King through Cars.

Iger has brought us ESPN and 'Planes' and probably next up Boats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom