Iger sees Cars in parks

nor'easter

Original Poster
During The Walt Disney Company's earnings conference call, Bob Iger said you should expect to see Cars based attractions at one or more of the Disney theme parks.

imagineer boy

Well, here's to hoping that they'll put it in a themed area and park where it will actually fit in instead of shoe horning it into something like the Indy Speedway and claim that it actually fits the theme. *sigh*

BTW, they're already building a cars themed ride at the Walt Disney Studios in Paris. Its possible that he was referring to that also.

WeLComeHomE OKW

I cant find anything in the news about the Cars Ride, but I found hundreds of news stories on their press conference. 217 to be exact.

I wish disney world got it, but this just means I have to go visit Paris.

Too bad I cant. :brick:

Pongo

I cant find anything in the news about the Cars Ride, but I found hundreds of news stories on their press conference. 217 to be exact.

I wish disney world got it, but this just means I have to go visit Paris.

Too bad I cant. :brick:

From what sites like JHM, MiceAge, etc. are saying, it's going be pretty much exactly like the teacups.

Connor002

Toon Studios Article on Wikipedia

Cars Info Excerpt:
<H3>Cars: Race Rally

A tea cups-style flat ride based on the 2006 Pixar film Cars.
The queue line will be themed to the garage area of Radiator Springs, with the ride taking place in a desert / canyon themed area at the side of the Art of Disney Animation building. Lightning McQueen and Mater will be present coaching the drivers.

There is a small piece of concept art on the page itself, as well.
</H3>

dxwwf3

I would love to see Radiator Springs as an addition to MGM as a higher quality "A Bug's Land from DCA". It could have one or two kid friendly attractions and a large attraction for everyone. I think this would be great because it would fit in the nostalgic theme that some of MGM follows and would be an area for kids in a park that some people believe lacks children's rides.

I just hope that something worthwile is added because, as hard as it may be to believe, I think Cars might be my all time favorite animated film :lookaroun. Yeah, that just happened.

jedimaster1227

I would love to see Radiator Springs as an addition to MGM as a higher quality "A Bug's Land from DCA". It could have one or two kid friendly attractions and a large attraction for everyone. I think this would be great because it would fit in the nostalgic theme that some of MGM follows and would be an area for kids in a park that some people believe lacks children's rides.

I just hope that something worthwile is added because, as hard as it may be to believe, I think Cars might be my all time favorite animated film :lookaroun. Yeah, that just happened.

But MGM has a higher quality kiddie land- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set! :lol:

dxwwf3

But MGM has a higher quality kiddie land- Honey, I Shrunk the Audience Movie Set! :lol:

Doh! :lol:

Seriously, I think a well themed Radiator Springs area could appeal to the adults just as much as children. Especially if a Roger Rabbit style dark ride were put into place. Or even something using technology from the Pooh ride in Tokyo that everyone raves about. You could have a kiddie ride or two and then one large family ride. And imagine how cool the place would look at night.

We'll just have to wait and see what they have in store for us, assuming anything does happen.

Pongo

But MGM has a higher quality kiddie land- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set! :lol:

I wouldn't call that a "land" as much as I would a "playground".

It's not a land in the same sense as a bug's land over at DCA. It has no rides or attractions. It IS the attraction.

dxwwf3

It's not a land in the same sense as a bug's land over at DCA. It has no rides or attractions. It IS the attraction.

You're exactly right.

I think he was just joking though :wave:

jedimaster1227

I was joking, but that's alright. With this subject, I always refer back to the old joke about "Escalator Land:"

Guests are standing on slow moving escalators in an upward tunnel. One guest asks the other, "When do we get to the ride?" The other guest replies, "This is the ride!"

It may not be funny but it really applies to this land/attraction. I would really love a Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, but I don't see how it could fit into the theme of Radiator Springs (but then again, I haven't seen Cars, and I'm not sure I plan to).

dxwwf3

I would really love a Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, but I don't see how it could fit into the theme of Radiator Springs (but then again, I haven't seen Cars, and I'm not sure I plan to).

I should have been more clear because that wasn't what I was talking about. My bad.

I ment something along the lines of Roger Rabbit QUALITY WISE. Not an expensive E-ticket, but something that is a definite step up from a Fantasyland dark ride. Not a similar type of attraction itself. I should have been more clear there.

Connor002

I was joking, but that's alright. With this subject, I always refer back to the old joke about "Escalator Land:"

Guests are standing on slow moving escalators in an upward tunnel. One guest asks the other, "When do we get to the ride?" The other guest replies, "This is the ride!"
Isn't that from the Fairly Oddparents? :lookaroun

Pongo

Isn't that from the Fairly Oddparents? :lookaroun

Nothing Gets passed you, Connor.

I like dxwwf3's idea of including a Radiator Springs in the Studios. It definitely wouldn't hurt. They could make the main street with the different shops being the ride buildings, and somewhere in the background (suing forced perspective) they could have the natural formation with the RS imprinted into the dirt. I think it would be very successful.

And the shop that is kept by Lizzie would make a nice little gift shop. They could have a Flo's V8 Diner/Café, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom