Iger Confirms Star Wars Domestic Parks Presence

Ranch Dressing

Three new attractions with one being a bonifide state of the art E-Ticket.

Now the E-Ticket, this is what I heard but my source is questionable so take this with a grain of pixie dust. It will be very FJ in style but there will be more sets than screens but there will be screens. The best part is there will be a queue for Rebels and one for Empire and both sides with interact with one another at times during the ride.

Two lesser attractions but new stuff. No phases its evertything at once.

Again, this is what I was told, I have better more trustworthy contacts within Universal Creative than TDO, take this info or leave it, I care not.

Magenta Panther

Now the E-Ticket, this is what I heard but my source is questionable so take this with a grain of pixie dust. It will be very FJ in style but there will be more sets than screens but there will be screens. The best part is there will be a queue for Rebels and one for Empire and both sides with interact with one another at times during the ride.

Two lesser attractions but new stuff. No phases its evertything at once.

Again, this is what I was told, I have better more trustworthy contacts within Universal Creative than TDO, take this info or leave it, I care not.

Frankly, I don't believe it. You're talking about a bunch of people whose idea of exploiting a HOME-GROWN HIT AND PHENOMENON like "Frozen" is to redo a tiny little ride in a tiny little area of Epcot.

Yeah, no offense, I'm not doubting you, but that sounds a bit fishy. Or at best, fan-boi wishful thinking from that source of yours. I'll leave it.

FigmentJedi

If they would announce it to people who are Star Wars fans first and foremost and probably aren't Disney fans then it better be something jaw dropping or else they'll be laughed and ridiculed right off the stage. They'll have a hard time finding an apologist who would defend anything in that crowd. These are the people who openly criticize Episodes I-III which were created by George Lucas. How do you think they would react to a simplistic land from Disney? Kind of gives me a little hope Disney knows who they're dealing with and will make something spectacular.
Yeah, if they went with the Indoor Jedi Academy and X-Wing spinner plan, they'd have to go with this fanfare instead of the Star Wars theme to be more honest.

Man I'd love it if they dusted off that old dueling coasters concept.

evnted

Of course, Tattoine would be a very bad, completely inappropriate idea in Animal Kingdom, but still it is no more an alien world than Pandora.

Which goes to show how bad an idea Avatar is to begin with... :banghead:
honest question, did you actually watch Avatar? i was also a bit confused as to why they had chosen that movie but i sat down last week to watch it and i now understand why it makes sense; the main reasoning is that they constantly reference the unity of all nature concept and exhibit complex, mythical creatures (remember AK is dedicated to current, past, and fictional animals)

CinematicFusion

From Variety:
""When we grow Star Wars' presence, which we will do significantly, you will see better bets being made that will pay off for us than were made in the past," Iger said, according to Variety's Marc Graser."

I wish he would say the rides are going to blow you away, the experience is going to be amazing.
What does he mean by a better bet?
Is a spinner a better bet. It's cheaply made yet will attract a ton of kids to ride...therefore making more money.

Is an e-ticket a bad bet, it's too expensive. People will go for the name Star Wars, a e ticket is way too expensive and won't make us money...therefore a bad bet.

I'm a stock holder in Disney and have been for a long time. I think with Disney stock going from 15.00 to 80.00 over the last 6 years and their movie business clicking on all cylinders....Disney can afford to splurge a little and give back to the fans something amazing in the Disney parks.
No one cares about the numbers game while at the parks, they care about the adventure, the thrill of riding something new. Disney needs to step up here and give back to the fans an epic experience.

What Iger said just sounds cold. Cue the John Williams Imperial March theme.

HatboxGhost

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!
Disney will officially release the original versions of episodes 4-6 very soon on blu ray.

Ok, so I can hope, cant I???????? :geek:

Disneyfamily4

I want to believe these rumors more than anyone, but now the more I read, several articles are reporting - "Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Iger said today that the company will reveal their plans for a new Star Wars theme park next year."

The first article said a star wars presence. Now it has expanded to an entire 5th park, with the sites giving quotes from Iger.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
http://laist.com/2014/08/05/disney_is_going_to_build_a_star_war.php

af78902ada834650b001a462fd41d61fb908a7f4d3b75cf1278ecd93ffbd3d42.jpg

odmichael

The use of the word 'significant' really has me wondering what that could mean. Projects in multiple parks (domestic and international) being built at the same time? Or, one large expansion at one time (DHS)?

In the past, expansion has been rumored at DHS, as well as a makeover at TL in DL. Does anyone think that this has changed? Is there a priority - DL first and WDW second, or both at the same time?

Does anyone think that a significant expansion could mean attractions in several WDW parks? I was just throwing that out there as I am hoping that Star Wars is only added to DHS but who knows. Would a Star Wars based attraction in FW be an abomination? I would imagine that most would say yes. Maybe they could combine Star Wars with Frozen in some way. Hoth would make a good medium from which to work.
Epcot - Future World

Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland expansion???

Disney Holloywood Studios - near star tours (why would they construct anywhere else)? If they removed the Indiana Jones show, they could really make room near that part of the park for the Han Solo show.

lebeau

I would think so, but we both know that never stopped anyone from taking the ball and running with it.

Just making sure. Because it's a huge jump to go from Iger saying "we're expanding Star Wars in the parks" (which is something he has been saying since the purchase of Lucasfilm) to Disney has plans for a Star Wars-themed park which will likely be announced soon.

But knowing how the internet works, I fully expect someone to make that gigantic leap. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something that filled in the gap.

Do we know for sure that this means a significant presence in DHS? I'd hate to get my hopes up only to get a watered down version of the hyperspace hoopla nightly on the American Idol stage and then have all the cool stuff go overseas.

lebeau

Do we know for sure that this means a significant presence in DHS? I'd hate to get my hopes up only to get a watered down version of the hyperspace hoopla nightly on the American Idol stage and then have all the cool stuff go overseas.

Apparently, we know nothing.

Iger's comments have been very vague. Intentionally so, I am sure. People are jumping to all sorts of conclusions. Something at DHS makes sense. But we really don't know any more than we did a week ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom