Iger and Chapek Livid With Lucasfilm

UNCgolf

Star Wars is not a franchise that's conducive to alternate timelines.

But if they were determined to do one, they could take inspiration from the old EU (certainly not copy it, since most of it was trash) and set it in a post-ROTJ universe where the New Republic thrived and there was no First Order. That would be far more interesting than the sequel trilogy we got. I think even that would be dumb, though. Don't do alternate timelines.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yep, you beat me to it. Apparently the goobers at Lucasfilm hired Harvey Weinstein's former personal assistant who comes with significant PR baggage, potentially legal baggage, and did so without consulting Disney or their legal department. Makes sense now... I couldn't figure out how they could even screw up from home, but they found a way.

Oy... Apparently Ms. Kennedy needed a replacement for Kiri Hart?

Rodan75

Yep, you beat me to it. Apparently the goobers at Lucasfilm hired Harvey Weinstein's former personal assistant who comes with significant PR baggage, potentially legal baggage, and did so without consulting Disney or their legal department. Makes sense now... I couldn't figure out how they could even screw up from home, but they found a way.

But she has a hit Netflix show (which no one mentioned her when promoting Russian Doll) and apparently she had been hanging out at previous Star Wars premiers events which would indicate she has been in the Lucasfilm orbit for awhile...plenty of time for someone in HR or Legal to notice.

update...googling her...not sure why she would be problematic. Just being in that orbit and being open about abuse shouldn't blacklist someone...what am I missing?

Franklin47disneyguy

Not really surprised, sequel's are a mess and GE is not what they had hoped probably because the timeline restrictions by de lucasfilm story group. Force Awakens was the only good movie Disney made, rogue one was okayish. Solo, TLJ and the last one were horrible. I think they released to many movies in a to short period of time. We had 5 movies in 5 years way to much, than you have the non relatable characters in the sequels. Galaxy's edge was way better if they did all trilogies, one ride per trilogie for example. And than the fact they spend 1 billion (with a b) dollar on two rides, 2 quick service and a bunch of stores. I've grown up with the prequels and used to watch the original movies with my dad. Maybe you guys have seen the WDW a dream come true documentary? Especially the scene about the three little pigs, you can't top pigs with pigs. And you can't top SW with just more SW.

Dutch Inn '76

Boy, they have really fumbled most things "Star Wars" since the purchase, haven't they? I'll say that Rogue One and The Mandalorian are good - everything else was a disappointment.

Marvel, by contrast, has been doing GREAT. Seems to me they need to put Feige in charge of Lucasfilm...

Mouse Trap

I'm still not entirely sure how this person gained enough traction to be an insider on these forums, after they were adamant that Frozen II would do horrible at the box office and never atoned for it, instead pivoting to more bogus postings.

He/she obviously has some insight into what’s happening at the Parks, but anyone with a connection to a mid-level manager can find out the same. Most people don’t care enough to risk their jobs to impress some internet strangers though. Regardless, this person has whiffed on anything entertainment related.

Source: I interned with a bored, loose lipped, mid-level manager at a certain media conglomerate years ago.

Last edited:

Jones14

I agree Dave Filoni should be in charge not Kathleen Kennedy. Hopefully Disney will be smart and give Dave the job.
Kennedy’s job involves a lot of non-creative, ‘boring’ work that Filoni likely wouldn’t have much interest in taking on, though. Even now Filoni has had to step back a bit from directly leading projects now that he’s covering all of their animation division.

Also, Kennedy’s an easy scapegoat (perks of being the head) for Lucasfilm’s recent missteps, but Star Wars has always struggled to maintain high levels of quality in more than one medium at a time.

the.dreamfinder

But she has a hit Netflix show (which no one mentioned her when promoting Russian Doll) and apparently she had been hanging out at previous Star Wars premiers events which would indicate she has been in the Lucasfilm orbit for awhile...plenty of time for someone in HR or Legal to notice.

update...googling her...not sure why she would be problematic. Just being in that orbit and being open about abuse shouldn't blacklist someone...what am I missing?
Women are destroying the Star Wars, dontcha know?

WDW Pro

Original Poster
I'm still not entirely sure how this person gained enough traction to be an insider on these forums, after they were adamant that Frozen II would do horrible at the box office and never atoned for it, instead pivoting to more bogus postings.

Revealing things that come to fruition or are revealed soon thereafter. As for the frozen thing, you guys really need new material. Frozen overperformed as Skywalker underperformed. It's always been that simple.

He/she obviously has some insight into what’s happening at the Parks, but anyone with a connection to a mid-level manager can find out the same. Most people don’t care enough to risk their jobs to impress some internet strangers though. Regardless, this person has whiffed on anything entertainment related.

Source: I interned with a bored, loose lipped, mid-level manager at a certain media conglomerate years ago.

Feel free to quote all those whiffs using the brand new quote feature. As for my identity, I don't reveal it, I don't reveal my sources, I don't reveal my motivations, and it's not going to change.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Women are destroying the Star Wars, dontcha know?

I don't know that its women. I think its more akin to women with an agenda. If leadership was all male, and they performed equally as horrific then we could say men with an agenda.

I think in this case it was women along with a smaller type fellow with a very round shaped head that let their agenda outweigh the responsibility they were given.

Mouse Trap

Feel free to quote all those whiffs using the brand new quote feature. As for my identity, I don't reveal it, I don't reveal my sources, I don't reveal my motivations, and it's not going to change.

It's likely to grab a box office total of $500-600 million, far below the billion of the first.

I'll make sure to link you back in about 2 months when the box office totals land exactly where I have said rather than the 1 billion + of the original. Enjoy.

Pretty big whiff. You should probably stop bringing more attention to it if you wan't people to "get new material". And your defense it over performed because TROS under performed... well that's not how it works when we're talking about this sort of scale.

It's funny you think F2 made $600M+ more than your "projections and insider info" because TROS only made 1B. You think $600M+ more in tickets were sold because people said "Ah, Star Wars sucks... let's watch Frozen 2" even though they were released a month apart? :hilarious:

Frozen overperformed as Skywalker underperformed. It's always been that simple.
FYI - Frozen 2 hit a billion BEFORE Star Wars was released.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not really surprised, sequel's are a mess and GE is not what they had hoped probably because the timeline restrictions by de lucasfilm story group. Force Awakens was the only good movie Disney made, rogue one was okayish. Solo, TLJ and the last one were horrible. I think they released to many movies in a to short period of time. We had 5 movies in 5 years way to much, than you have the non relatable characters in the sequels. Galaxy's edge was way better if they did all trilogies, one ride per trilogie for example. And than the fact they spend 1 billion (with a b) dollar on two rides, 2 quick service and a bunch of stores. I've grown up with the prequels and used to watch the original movies with my dad. Maybe you guys have seen the WDW a dream come true documentary? Especially the scene about the three little pigs, you can't top pigs with pigs. And you can't top SW with just more SW.

Just what we need: Another thread for people who didn't like certain SW products to vent about it.

If there really is consternation in the Disney-LucasFilm tower, it is likely it had to do with this new announcement.

Is that a problem because someone at LucasFilm hired a problematic person? Is it because someone greenlighted a problematic script (girl power!)? Is it because of a turf war (there's a new heir apparent for LucasFilm and he's the one that calls the shots for D+, not KK)? Is it because someone leaked a PR about this project even though it wasn't greenlit?

Who knows?

What I do know is that I don't care to hear another person whine about their feelings about the recent SW movies off-topic in another thread. Multiple threads exist for that. Go there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom