Iger and Chapek Livid With Lucasfilm

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Alright, I usually am the one explaining what's going on behind the scenes, but I could use a little help with this one. I've got a friend in the know who says this morning (Pacific Time), both Bob Iger and Bob Chapek are unhappy with Lucasfilm and there is faster than normal movement going on to get high level meetings going. What the heck is going on? I'm on the road, so I can't dig on this, but what could possibly be going on with Lucasfilm that would create a scurry when everybody is basically working from home if at all? The term used was "livid" but I just can't imagine what they could possibly have done.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Alright, I usually am the one explaining what's going on behind the scenes, but I could use a little help with this one. I've got a friend in the know who says this morning (Pacific Time), both Bob Iger and Bob Chapek are unhappy with Lucasfilm and there is faster than normal movement going on to get high level meetings going. What the heck is going on? I'm on the road, so I can't dig on this, but what could possibly be going on with Lucasfilm that would create a scurry when everybody is basically working from home if at all? The term used was "livid" but I just can't imagine what they could possibly have done.
Seems like all Lucasfilm is good at these days is making people livid, from the fans, media, internet, finance guys and now the Bobs.

The Grand Inquisitor

Maybe it has to do with how much of a mess the Sequel trilogy was? Especially since the Rise of Skywalker did not do as well as they had hoped.

The Grand Inquisitor

I finally tried Blue Milk 🤮
1587663608336.png

Have you tried Green Yet Bob?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Maybe they want reshoots on Season 2 of The Mandalorian, which can't happen now and would delay the planned release date?

Disney+ needs new content, especially now that everyone is at home. Netflix just reported 16 million new sign-ups due to lockdowns.

Something to do with Mandalorian would seem to be the most likely. Probably the most valuable thing in production at Lucasfilm at the moment.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
The report of the alternate-timeline, female-centric, Star Wars series for Disney+ in development by Harvey Weinstein's former personal assistant?

Yep, you beat me to it. Apparently the goobers at Lucasfilm hired Harvey Weinstein's former personal assistant who comes with significant PR baggage, potentially legal baggage, and did so without consulting Disney or their legal department. Makes sense now... I couldn't figure out how they could even screw up from home, but they found a way.

pdude81

Yep, you beat me to it. Apparently the goobers at Lucasfilm hired Harvey Weinstein's former personal assistant who comes with significant PR baggage, potentially legal baggage, and did so without consulting Disney or their legal department. Makes sense now... I couldn't figure out how they could even screw up from home, but they found a way.

Sounds like just one of many Star Wars projects that we got some unverified information about and then vanished. IMO not worth being livid unless they are on the hook for a lot of money to walk away. Maybe that's the problem

tissandtully

Lol, Disney being upset about this is pretty rich, seeing as they were Weinstein adjacent for a lot of years during Miramax.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom